Never on Monday (or Friday)?

Never on a Monday for me as I'm in Australia, one day ahead. That would be reporting Sunday sales.

Friday sales are reported on Saturday morning, Monday sales on Tuesday morning.

Gen

From a European POV I must say, Monday mornings are generally slow, but sales (apart from personal use ones) occur regularly from Monday to Friday - we usually get sales reported very early in the day up until 5pm UK time. 

However, over the last month or so I've detected different slightly different feeding patterns in as such, that quite big sales come in late in the evenings. Which is usually a nice surprise. 

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Sounds as if you might have to move to an eight-day week. B)

:D More like a 6 week month.

Allan

5 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I had a refund yesterday (Friday), does that count?? 😟

Yes, but backwards maybe.  :unsure:

Actually, looking back at my stats, I now see that I have had some sales show up on Mondays and Fridays. However, well over 90% get reported mid-week. I guess there's probably nothing mysterious or conspiratorial about this. Mondays and Fridays are not usually the most productive days of the week for anyone.

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Yes, but backwards maybe.  :unsure:

Actually, looking back at my stats, I now see that I have had some sales show up on Mondays and Fridays. However, well over 90% get reported mid-week. I guess there's probably nothing mysterious or conspiratorial about this. Mondays and Fridays are not usually the most productive days of the week for anyone.

Around here (Washington DC) the traffic is always better on Mondays and Fridays due to people "working" from home.

Looking at my last 100 sales - because I had nothing better to do on a sunday night! -  sales showed up as follows :

Sun     1

Mon  15

Tue   27

Wed  16

Thu    21

Fri      19

Sat       1

A fairly even spread I'd say, but looking at which week of month they appear (I've simplified things and split the months into 4) reveals a different story :

1st week of the month    12
2nd week of the month   21
3rd week  of the month   19
4th week  of the month   48 

so more of less half of my sales pop in on the last week of the month!

1 hour ago, AlanW said:

Looking at my last 100 sales - because I had nothing better to do on a sunday night! -  sales showed up as follows :

Sun     1

Mon  15

Tue   27

Wed  16

Thu    21

Fri      19

Sat       1

A fairly even spread I'd say, but looking at which week of month they appear (I've simplified things and split the months into 4) reveals a different story :

...but then I imagine that you're in the UK Newspaper Scheme, no?

14 hours ago, AlanW said:

Sun     1

Mon  15

Tue   27

Wed  16

Thu    21

Fri      19

Sat       1

That is good going at 100 sales in one month.:)

Just joking.

Allan

18 hours ago, losdemas said:

...but then I imagine that you're in the UK Newspaper Scheme, no?

Yes, and a newspaper one just popped in this morning - a Monday and the last week of the month :)

Well this interesting and little embarrassing....for some reason I also thought that Mondays and Fridays had fewer sales reported but when I went back three months at tallied up the sales to the days of the week, here were my results.

Sun 2

Mon 10

Tues 5

Wed  8

Thu  4

Fri    9

Sat  0

So in fact, Mondays and Fridays are my best days for the last three months.....Ha! :wacko:

How embarrassing. Turns out that I'm all wet too. Here's what I got for the past three months (Dec/Jan/Feb) when I actually did the counting.

Sun 1

Mon 6

Tue 5

Wed 11

Thur 2

Fri 9

Sat 1

Oh well, so much for that theory. :wacko:

*In my defense, a series of five sales showed up on a single Monday and another series of four on a single Friday, which skewed the results somewhat.

Archived