Sales are a fairly constant zero, but with so few images in a vast sea I shouldn't complain as that is in my own hands. However, since I opted out of the newspaper scheme (mainly because of poor reporting by newspapers and no consequences resulting from poor reporting of usage) zooms have dropped considerably and I expect to drop off the end of the earth shortly.

Joe

I haven't sold any images this month - yet! In fact I haven't sold anything since 17th July, which is 27 days ago!

Being as I average 5 a month I should have had 4 or 5 sales in that time.

Oh well, fingers, toes and eyes crossed that a sale pops up soon.

John.

Sales and zooms rock bottom for the last 2-3 months but the number of unreported sales that I know of going up! my last sale was an unreported sale from last year paid out in June to the grand sum of $9. I have yet to tell alamy about the 3 other unreported sales I have found, but at that price I dont know if its even worth the bother!

I don't have any sales here yet, but I'm curious as what you mean by unreported sales.   Your image is licensed to a client without any record or payment? Or is there just a delay for some reason?

I don't have any sales here yet, but I'm curious as what you mean by unreported sales. Your image is licensed to a client without any record or payment? Or is there just a delay for some reason?

Both.

Large customers, especially newspapers, have more or less free access to the images and report uses by themselves. This can take up to three months, or even more. Some have a tendency to forget. This is why you should keep a record of your found images, screen dumps, links, tearsheets, etc. as evidence in an e-mail to Member Services if not reported as a sale after three months. More unpaid work for the modern and low paid slave - the photographer.

The most general use of the term unreported sale is to describe the waiting time for the sale to be reported, though. Most uses are reported.

But agree that the term "unreported sales" is a contradiction. It will not be a sale before the use has been reported.

Lots of sales this month however the average price has plummeted in recent months. Although it's still higher than micro pricing, it's very low for macro pricing. Yes the market is flooded with images and other big name macros also have low $ sales. However those agencies also still manage very high $ advertising sales. From my own experience Alamy seems to have set a low ceiling limit on it's prices and advertising sales seem sparse to nonexistent.

Disaster here, No sales for a month, constantly growing the portfolio...

In the last year I did not travel, though...maybe my port is becoming too Torontocentric...but with a baby, this is a particular year.

also, slowdown concerning zooms. Only 6 in the last month and none of them turned into sales! How long does it take for customers to buy after they zoom?

I really hope it's only the Summer....

In the last year I did not travel, though...maybe my port is becoming too Torontocentric...but with a baby, this is a particular year.

also, slowdown concerning zooms. Only 6 in the last month and none of them turned into sales! How long does it take for customers to buy after they zoom?

If it's any consolation, my Vancouver images don't sell all that well compared to my Latin America collection. It could be that there just isn't a big demand for Canadian images in general.  Do you check AlamyMeasures regularly to see what buyers are looking for in Toronto?

I don't have any sales here yet, but I'm curious as what you mean by unreported sales. Your image is licensed to a client without any record or payment? Or is there just a delay for some reason?

Both.

Large customers, especially newspapers, have more or less free access to the images and report uses by themselves. This can take up to three months, or even more. Some have a tendency to forget. This is why you should keep a record of your found images, screen dumps, links, tearsheets, etc. as evidence in an e-mail to Member Services if not reported as a sale after three months. More unpaid work for the modern and low paid slave - the photographer.

The most general use of the term unreported sale is to describe the waiting time for the sale to be reported, though. Most uses are reported.

But agree that the term "unreported sales" is a contradiction. It will not be a sale before the use has been reported.

Thanks for the info.  It doesn't seem right to me that a customer may use a product without paying for it (unless it is caught), but I'm assuming that doesn't happen too often.

Thanks for the info.  It doesn't seem right to me that a customer may use a product without paying for it (unless it is caught), but I'm assuming that doesn't happen too often.

Or as the sales manual say: " a sale is not a sale until the cash is in the (seller's) bank"

Or as the sales manual say: " a sale is not a sale until the cash is in the (seller's) bank"

- and even at that point it may not be a sale  :mellow: 

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/55-refunds-should-there-be-a-time-limit/?hl=refunds

If it's any consolation, my Vancouver images don't sell all that well compared to my Latin America collection. It could be that there just isn't a big demand for Canadian images in general.  Do you check AlamyMeasures regularly to see what buyers are looking for in Toronto?

Thanks John,  yes I think having a diverse travel portfolio is one of the keys, here at Alamy.

What is Alamy Measures? Do you mean the search terms in the whole Alamy website? How to check the A. Measures?

Thanks John,  yes I think having a diverse travel portfolio is one of the keys, here at Alamy.

What is Alamy Measures? Do you mean the search terms in the whole Alamy website? How to check the A. Measures?

I meant "AlamyMeasures 2.1" on the "Your Alamy" page. Click "All of Alamy," and then enter a general search term (e.g. "Toronto") plus a time frame to see what customers have been looking for. I do this regularly for Vancouver. Usually it's the same old subjects -- Stanley Park, city skyline, mountains, etc. -- but occasionally something new pops up that Alamy doesn't have coverage of. I can't afford to travel much these days either.

Archived