Zooms Vs Sales - Should i get excited by my recent surge?

i have re-worked some keywords, and indeed got round to some more uploading that was on my to-do list. 

i've got some good zooms, recently going up from nearly nothing. with some (albeit generic) searches having healthy numbers.

is a Zoom a good indication of that i may have some sales coming from them??

also i have some searches for specific "Alamy image refs" eg the 5/6 digit code that ID's my images. again, is this a good indication a buyer is wanting my stock?

thanks in advance,

Dan

Seriously, from a peace-of-mind, looking-after-your-own-mental-health perspective, only ever get excited about a sale.

You'll see a small handful of folk here who obsess about such matters and strive to extract meaning from the random fluctuations that abound in Measures, but that ain't the path to a healthy existence :-)

dd

i have re-worked some keywords, and indeed got round to some more uploading that was on my to-do list. 

i've got some good zooms, recently going up from nearly nothing. with some (albeit generic) searches having healthy numbers.

is a Zoom a good indication of that i may have some sales coming from them??

also i have some searches for specific "Alamy image refs" eg the 5/6 digit code that ID's my images. again, is this a good indication a buyer is wanting my stock?

thanks in advance,

Dan

Those things don't guarantee future sales but they are an indication that buyers are very interested in your images, especially if they are searched by Alamy reference numbers.

Get excited if you want to! I know I do if someone searches for a specific ref no.

John.

I think about a third of my sales wasn't zoomed.

Zooms are more likely to result in a sale, if your image was the only one zoomed in the search.

A zoom followed by a later image id code zoom of the image would normally result in a sale.

There are some here who say zooms often lead to sales. In my own experience zooms very rarely lead to sales.

You pays yer money...

Alan

So far none of my zooms have led to sales and that includes those where my image was the only one zoomed and images zoomed by Alamy reference number.  I get a little less excited by zooms now.  

I haven't done the hard math, but I would estimate that roughly 50% of my zooms lead to sales. Sometimes the licenses take a couple of months to happen, so  it's difficult to know if a specific sale is actually linked to an earlier zoom. Last month, one of my images was zoomed three times, and no report of a sale yet. Perhaps microstock struck again.

thanks guys,

seems from above, its a mixed bag, but seems it could take a while for them zooms n ref searches to actually get bought / result in a sale - as john  says above

ill keep my eyes peeled!

One way to see roughly how many of your sales have been zoomed is to go to Your Images and select the earliest date possible, presently 1st June 2014. Then click on the sales.  Any that have been definitely linked to a zoom will be shown in blue. If you have hundreds of sales then you will probably get an Internal Server Error message so reduce the time but still go back to the earliest point.

You can use the same method to see how many zooms definitely resulted in sales by clicking on the zooms rather than the sales.

This gives you an idea of the minimum number of zooms linked to sales.

Pearl

For mine, only 25% of my sales in the past year had also been zoomed.  And that leaves a bunch of zooms without sales.    So not a very strong relationship between zooms and sales for me.

Archived