Search by Ref number

Out of curiosity I've kept track of them for a while.

It looks like 1 out of every 2 ref searches turns into a sale. Half of those within 2 months, the rest takes up to 7 months. After 7 months there is not much hope anymore.

Is it something to do with images being compared on a customer's lightbox? I've no real idea how that works.

As others have said, it's a positive sign, but by no means a certainty. I sell probably more un-zoomed images (mostly Newspaper scheme I guess), than via ref number searches.

As an addition to new types of searches appearing; although I have not had an increase in ref # zooms, I have noticed a largish number of views for searches which included a file size requirement - new for me.  My file sizes are all 28.8Mb (bar one image!).

I've had another explicit reference view this morning on quite a niche type of shot. I have checked back to August when I took it and there is no previous search that would have led to a view, so a bit puzzled!

If you have referred to it elsewhere - say on these forums someone may have gone to have a look at it. Without having done a search originally.

I've had another explicit reference view this morning on quite a niche type of shot. I have checked back to August when I took it and there is no previous search that would have led to a view, so a bit puzzled!

If you have referred to it elsewhere - say on these forums someone may have gone to have a look at it. Without having done a search originally.

I thought those looks wouldn't count, only the ones by a registered buyer??

I had a reference search a day or so ago, but it's not showing a sale yet.  Although this is the WalMart image I mentioned in a thread about taking while standing in line at checkout, and it has already sold once, a quick turnaround after uploading.

I thought those looks wouldn't count, only the ones by a registered buyer??

I had a reference search a day or so ago, but it's not showing a sale yet.  Although this is the WalMart image I mentioned in a thread about taking while standing in line at checkout, and it has already sold once, a quick turnaround after uploading.

Whoops, you are right! Or at least that is how we have been told AoA works.

I have had a number of reference number searches - all but one, as far as I remember, have turned into sales. Latest the day before yesterday and yesterday - first a general search on topic - and later a reference number search (often the case) - resulted in a reported sale the same day. (Which is rare - as it usually can take months).

I think the reference number search might be something to do with IQ.

I'm new, have only 1 sale, and that was an IQ sale which had been searched by reference number.

Having a sale already with only 48 images is amazing.

Nobody is more amazed than me, you can be sure of that.

Archived