Your favorite images you have uploaded to Alamy this month.

Uploaded on my behalf....enjoyed playing with this in PS.

E69A07.jpg

First thoughts: Reminds me of the view from Whitley Bay :D .  And, as I remember, you did your training nearby, Geoff.

But ...

This is more than an image.  It's a picture.  The sort of picture that might keep me awake at night.  The sort of picture that makes a lot of other (stock) pictures look so boring and bland.

Ten out of ten.

Uploaded on my behalf....enjoyed playing with this in PS.

E69A07.jpg

First thoughts: Reminds me of the view from Whitley Bay :D .  And, as I remember, you did your training nearby, Geoff.

But ...

This is more than an image.  It's a picture.  The sort of picture that might keep me awake at night.  The sort of picture that makes a lot of other (stock) pictures look so boring and bland.

Ten out of ten.

Thank you Robert...most kind.

Not Whitley Bay (have to confess I had to look up where it was....up narwth somwhere) Sky is actually Lindos in Rhodes and the rest are vertices/edges/faces.

Geoff (who studied at GlosCAT...although studied might be stretching the truth a little ;) )

Thank you Robert...most kind.

Not Whitley Bay (have to confess I had to look up where it was....up narwth somwhere) Sky is actually Lindos in Rhodes and the rest are vertices/edges/faces.

Geoff (who studied at GlosCAT...although studied might be stretching the truth a little ;) )

I knew it was sculpture, but for some reason ... ah thot it were wee up north mon, leik.

Never realised it were Glaawster.

Live an learn, live an learn ...

This is why the people in my neighborhood should consult with an English speaker before ordering that costly neon sign.

E6PFKN.jpg

E6PFKR.jpg

With its large ESL population, Vancouver has a lot of signs like these. A produce store near where I live sports a brand new awning with a sign announcing that they sell "Fresh Vegetable." However, they don't specify whether the vegetable is a carrot, an eggplant or a zucchini. I've been meaning to snap a picture of it. Now I feel inspired.

I think I had a lunch date with that girl in your first picture. 

My favorite neon sign in my hood said: "Sal's Professional Removal of Freckle." He was my barber and he knew I had worked as a copy reader. And he talked to me nonstop in a mix of Italian, Sicilian and English. But he never asked. 

I think I had a lunch date with that girl in your first picture. 

My favorite neon sign in my hood said: "Sal's Professional Removal of Freckle." He was my barber and he knew I had worked as a copy reader. And he talked to me nonstop in a mix of Italian, Sicilian and English. But he never asked. 

I bet she has a really pleasant personality. (Whoops! I think we're being sexist.)

If Sal is charging by the freckle, he must be a rich man.

E6JJPB.jpg

For me it was this one. I had the image in my head, I grabbed two flags, and walked a long to the venue of the 2nd independence debate. There was only 4 guys hanging about and I asked them to help me out with this shot. It's something I've never done before but pressure to get something better than a shot of a building drove me to it. All the other PJ's where there looking at me and what I was up to. 

E6JJPB.jpg

For me it was this one. I had the image in my head, I grabbed two flags, and walked a long to the venue of the 2nd independence debate. There was only 4 guys hanging about and I asked them to help me out with this shot. It's something I've never done before but pressure to get something better than a shot of a building drove me to it. All the other PJ's where there looking at me and what I was up to. 

Paul a moot point - and it may of course have been deliberate but your "models" are holding the Union Flag upside down.

Used to indicate "distress" - hence why it may have been intended or indadvertedly appropriate ;-)

It is also "lese Majeste" (which means: insulting the Crown), and is theoretically still  a crime in the UK.

E6JJPB.jpg

Paul a moot point - and it may of course have been deliberate but your "models" are holding the Union Flag upside down.

Used to indicate "distress" - hence why it may have been intended or indadvertedly appropriate ;-)

It is also "lese Majeste" (which means: insulting the Crown), and is theoretically still  a crime in the UK.

Paulstw, unless it's what you intended, please mark it for deletion and remove the keywords so it doesn't appear in searches. This could be used for the wrong reasons.

E6JJPB.jpg

Quick thinking tp produce a memorable shot.  Did you know that they have the Union flag upside down, a symbol of distress? Might affect your keywording.

Edit:  Sorry, didn't see the similar comments.  Still a good shot, though.

E6JJPB.jpg

Paulstw, unless it's what you intended, please mark it for deletion and remove the keywords so it doesn't appear in searches. This could be used for the wrong reasons.

In this picture the slot for the hoisting cord is clearly on the right, not the left, so the flag is being shown the correct way up.

Alan

E6JJPB.jpg

In this picture the slot for the hoisting cord is clearly on the right, not the left, so the flag is being shown the correct way up.

Alan

Compare the alignment of the white Saltire in the Union Jack with that on the Scottish flag on the right. The broader part is above the corner by the hoist on both. It is the right way up.

Archived