Your favorite images you have uploaded to Alamy this month.

"LOVE this photo John!"

Thanks, Michael. Somehow I don't think it will make me very popular upstairs, though.

No John, I think when "upstairs" come in at 10.30 on monday morning they have a laugh along with us at the images connotations.

Then put another month on your sentence.

Allan

Hope so. May I quote you on that when they come to take me away?

Did you read the small print John?

Allan

"LOVE this photo John!"

Thanks, Michael. Somehow I don't think it will make me very popular upstairs, though.

No John, I think when "upstairs" come in at 10.30 on monday morning they have a laugh along with us at the images connotations.

Then put another month on your sentence.

Allan

Hope so. May I quote you on that when they come to take me away?

Did you read the small print John?

Allan

Yes, I always read the fine print ... well, almost always.

Fortunately, I'm currently on the pitch (with two yellow cards to go), so they'll have to catch me first. 

Not many folk fly the Saltire in Scotland, and to get one on a clear day is pretty neat. My fave from the other day 

E4JTED.jpg

I also wanted much better images of the Glasgow Tower as it's opening on the 19th July. Thought some might want some images. 

E4FA9W.jpg

At the weekend I finally got around to keywording some new images. Some of those were from a recent trip to Tuscany which is a place I have wanted to go to for ages!

I know the location is a bit of a cliché but what the heck :)

E48TNX.jpg

I haven't been shooting much in July and I've been afraid to upload this one to Alamy.  What do you think, would it survive QC or is it over manipulated? Sorry, I'm not allowed to drag an image into this discussion from my website.

null.gif

null.gifhttp://www.lynnpalmerstudio.com/p157166962/h159749fe#h159749fe

My first thought about this was that the rules are unfairly restrictive. If I go away on holiday and take 1000 shots and then upload in batches of 30-40, at 2-4 days in QC for each batch there's no way I can get them all uploaded in the same month. But then I noticed that several other people have ignored that rule already so here's my favourite uploaded this month (but taken last month):

E4CH0K.jpg

Alan

I haven't been shooting much in July and I've been afraid to upload this one to Alamy.  What do you think, would it survive QC or is it over manipulated? Sorry, I'm not allowed to drag an image into this discussion from my website.

null.gif

null.gifhttp://www.lynnpalmerstudio.com/p157166962/h159749fe#h159749fe

Lynn, the link doesn't seem to work (for me, anyway) even when copied and pasted into my browser.

Another vote for John's Sin Bin! Made me chuckle.

Been away for 5 weeks so very little uploaded this month, but my favourite is probably 

E4FGE4.jpg

My bro in law cooking steak with garlic mushrooms, delicious!!

This is my favorite image so far this month.  I was covering "Slut Walk" in downtown Denver last Saturday.  I've recently acquired a new Macbook Pro and I added a wireless WiFi hotspot to my cell service so I could upload in the field using the Macbook.  This was my first trial in a new workflow I've been working on.  After Slut Walk, I found a place where I could edit and upload images...and I filed them.  I walked out of the building I was in and took a look up the street.  I saw police cars with lights flashing so I went and investigated.  There was a very large (for Denver) demonstration for proponents of Palestine - at least 600 people participating.  The contrast of scantily clad women at Slut Walk with women at this demonstration wearing a full burca caught me off guard.  I grew up in the Los Angeles metro area (first 20 years of my life) and have lived in Denver for the last 22 years and I've never seen or perceived Denver as very diverse.  The leaders of this demonstration where praying and yelling in either Arabic or Farsi (I don't know either language).  It was something that I would have expected to see in the Middle East and not on the steps of Colorado's capital.  This young woman caught my eye.  It was an interesting afternoon.

E4J5A0.jpg

We're days away from a potential Long Island Rail Road strike here in New York, oh dear, so I may update this - but here's LIRR evening rush hour  E4MDT7 LIRR, July 14, 2014   - Ann

E4MDT7.jpg

[edited to add: LIRR contract signed, strike averted!]

In Chicago at the train stop, that phone would have snatched right out of his hand!

Three slightly different takes on the visit of the Tour de France to the UK:

Awaiting the start in Cambridge (taken on 1 July)

E3XE2E.jpg

On the road to Paris. Early morning, stage 1, Grinton Moor near Richmond, before the crowds arrived.

E4CPD9.jpg

A policeman tackles stage 1 on his mountain bike, with support from the spectators on Grinton Moor:

E4CP05.jpg

There are some terrific photos in this thread, I've enjoyed going through them all.

Here are a few I've taken and uploaded this month that I kind of like.  Thank you for looking.

1. Cute baby Least Chipmunk (Tamias minimus). :rolleyes:

E4PA30.jpg

2. Male Mountain Bluebird (Sialia currucoides). Kind of a rare bird in these parts and the first I've seen with my own eyes - finally! Considered by some to be the most beautiful songbird in Western Canada.

E463KP.jpg

3. Just a daisy.  A search for "daisy" here on Alamy reveals over 66,000(!) results, so this one will never sell.  But I like it anyway. :)

E4J7PT.jpg

Cheers,

Felix

Here's mine. Possibly fewer bullocks than daisies on Alamy, but I'm too afraid to do the search...

I got a more dynamic shot of this guy seconds after this shot was taken by dropping down on one knee, but let the focus shift off his eyes and onto his shoulder. You don't get light like this very often so it's a killer to mess up and not know it until you get home.

E4HK27.jpg

I'm changing mine....I took this image last Saturday.

E5BJ4C.jpg

...yes, believe it or not, I spotted two people last Saturday reading the news...in print format...without an electronic device...at the same time.

I'm proud of myself for capturing such a rare find these days.

Archived