What's your life expectancy?

Reading in some sensational news rag that people alive today - some of 'em - could live to be 1000 years old (which I doubt, as even trees don't often look all that good after 1000 years and things made of meat and covered with hide would look even worse) I see that I've had a fairly decent sale, but based on my grandfathers on both sides, and my father, the licence which has a further 25 years to run and expires in 2039 will probably outlive me.

Do you think you will live to see any of your textbook licences renewed? :-)

David

That calculator is spectacularly pessimistic. I get age 72. The more scientific ones get me near 90.

Only had 10-year licences so far so OK, touch wood.

I hope you're right about the pessimism; according to the death clock I've only two years left and I've not yet reached 60! I'll be really cheesed off if I die early and I'm diddled out of getting my bus pass at 65.

That calculator is spectacularly pessimistic. I get age 72. The more scientific ones get me near 90.

I hope you're right about the pessimism; according to the death clock I've only two years left and I've not yet reached 60! I'll be really cheesed off if I die early and I'm diddled out of getting my bus pass at 65.

Surely you're not a fat, drunk, suicidal smoker, Joseph?

Jez, Allan, what the hell are you doing that's so right? The Clock only gives me a few more hours and I'm more or less a model citizen . . . except for the heavy drinking, drug use, late nights, lack of exercise and a few other things I'd ratherr not mention. 

The family's on their way. The lawyer is tidying things up, and the vicar keeps throwing water over me and chanting something.

This had better not be a hoax!

Surely you're not a fat, drunk, suicidal smoker, Joseph?

Definitely not a smoker. I would be less drunk and less suicidal if I could sell a few pictures on Alamy! Fat? Alas, too much. Still, I was hoping  to get beyond 61 before joining the choir immortal. :rolleyes:

According to the 'clock' I've got about another 7 years. There was I thinking about listing 101 things to do before I die only the other day. Oh well, there won't be time to fit them all in now and do keywording as well!

Jim. :(

I don't dare consult the death clock in case it tells me that I'm already dead. B)

Seriously, I'm in the back 25 now (if Lady Luck is with me). I actually had one of those big (these days) 2039 textbook sales pop up a few days ago. Please keep them coming, Alamy, and I'll be sure to leave you something in my will.

I don't dare consult the death clock in case it tells me that I'm already dead. B)

Seriously, I'm in the back 25 now (if Lady Luck is with me). I actually had one of those big (these days) 2039 textbook sales pop up a few days ago. Please keep them coming, Alamy, and I'll be sure to leave you something in my will.

About 4620 images? :)

Allan

About 4620 images? :)

Allan

Yup, that's about the size of it, and I wish 'em buena fortuna. They're gonna need it.

2022 and goodbye!

Need to make full use of my bus pass in order to reclaim some of those tax payments. MIddlesbrough in winter, Newcastle in the spring, summer in Sunderland, hope to reserve Jarrow for a really special occasion.....

2022 and goodbye!

Need to make full use of my bus pass in order to reclaim some of those tax payments. MIddlesbrough in winter, Newcastle in the spring, summer in Sunderland, hope to reserve Jarrow for a really special occasion.....

...a nice long walk down to the smoke, p'raps? :)

A 25 year RM license will outlive me.

This is an argument for putting everything into higher priced RF so I get my money up front.

Unfortunately crowded street scenes or crowded beaches include people, so at Alamy they have to be RM.

Archived