<$1 sales again, but not China, worldwide

So days after the China scandal which is meant to be resolved, I’m now instead getting several worldwide sales at sub $1. Coincidence??? Rights managed too. 

anyone else. We should be able to set a minimum sales price that well accept. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 13 October 2022
Single use in online platforms, social channels and Editorial use in owned DOOH when used in an editorial context and in owned media.
  • Like 4

Curious, Distributors again? 

so it looks from some of the sales report that it isn't, most are coming as DOOH.  With the sheer numbers being reported, I am really curious over what period this was allowed to accumulate. Alamy is still letting buyers do whatever they feel like

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

I'm having a bit of a DOOH Dah day, 6 so far. Not sure if I should be happy or sad. At $0.96 gross each it is nothing to write home about. Couple of songs come to mind to help ease the pain:

and Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah (Original)

• Love 1

These are not Novel Use sales (At least, I have had them and I have opted out of NU for a long time); nor are they distributor sales as we are getting 40% of 96 cents....

Kumar

• Thanks 1

I came into the forum today to learn about 'Choose another rights-managed license' but this thread caught my eye.

Oddly though, I'm not seeing any combination of a 'rights-managed license' that produces a $1.00 or $1.20 sale.

My images are Rights-Managed and selecting 'Choose another rights-managed license' always produces a price that's relative to an image's regular pricing.

Interesting read about DOOH-DOOH too.

A quote below from one of the links that Cryptoprocta kindly posted above from

'Broadsign' article:
"Why marketers are so excited about DOOH media

One of the key reasons why DOOH is such a valuable marketing asset is its impressive visibility. Digital displays are often in high-traffic areas, ensuring their content is seen by many people. Further, unlike at-home or online advertising, there is no way for the audience to skip the ad, use an ad-blocker, or change the contents of the screen. This means that when content goes up, it’s going to get its full playthrough and is likely to be noticed."

So, it begs the question why on earth do Alamy sales team think it is a good idea to give our images away for a pathetic fee?  Yes, I realise that they will be licensing

thousands of images but that does not help the image producers, slippery slope becoming steeper and steeper!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, frankbiganski said:

I came into the forum today to learn about 'Choose another rights-managed license' but this thread caught my eye.

Oddly though, I'm not seeing any combination of a 'rights-managed license' that produces a $1.00 or $1.20 sale.

My images are Rights-Managed and selecting 'Choose another rights-managed license' always produces a price that's relative to an image's regular pricing.

Interesting read about DOOH-DOOH too.

The prices listed bear very little relationship to what usually happens. I'm afraid you will be very disappointed at what Alamy will get for your images.

Paulette

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

The prices listed bear very little relationship to what usually happens. I'm afraid you will be very disappointed at what Alamy will get for your images.

Paulette

I know. I sold on Shutterstock for a few years and that experience simply reminds me that I cannot quit my day job. 🤣

Still, curious how some of these Alamy contributors are receiving a $1.00 sale. The lowest price I see (in UK) is £9.99 per image, so how are they just receiving a buck?

18 minutes ago, frankbiganski said:

I know. I sold on Shutterstock for a few years and that experience simply reminds me that I cannot quit my day job. 🤣

Still, curious how some of these Alamy contributors are receiving a $1.00 sale. The lowest price I see (in UK) is £9.99 per image, so how are they just receiving a buck?

Because of the deal cut by the buyers, e.g. bulk discount.

It was great whilst it lasted. I learned a lot on perfecting my images from this forum in short amount of time, and I thank everyone who offered their experience, suggestions and support.  But I cannot continue to work with a company that is this deceitful.

I contacted Alamy regarding these $1.00 sales and "Chantelle" replied stating: "If you are referring to image pack deals, that we offer for some of our customers, unfortunately contributors are unable to opt out of this. Even if your images are marked as RM or RF".

Alamy makes no reference to "image pack deals" on our contributor contract page (https://www.alamy.com/terms/contributor.aspx), other than under paragraph 6.4, where it states: "Alamy has full authority to negotiate all terms of commissions, licences and reproduction rights of the Content including the fee, duration and scope of any Licence at its absolute discretion". That statement alone was concerning to me, but I opted to move forward since contributors were able to set their images for sale as either RM or RF -- which is an implied contract.

I will go the time-consuming route of creating digital buckets with Amazon services and sell my images on my own before I give away my images for a buck. Truly ludicrous and sad, and I expected more from a company that set such a high-level of standards from its contributors.

Watch out... here comes another bus!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 1