How many contributors will become Platinum after one year?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, after a year, how many contributors have sold over $ 25,000 gross with Alamy?

• 2%
    • 20%
    • 80%

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/22 at 22:00

I take advantage of your kind availability to invite you to participate in a survey. I don't know how many Alamy contributors there are, but with the survey let's try to imagine how many users have become platinum users.

In two months, a year will have passed since Mrs. Emily Shelley's communication.
We will finally know who the lucky platinum users will be.

I hope, in the name of transparency, #Alamy shares with us a report showing who goes up and who goes down in this market ...mmmm, what do we want to call it? of misery?

Seriously, I really hope that many of you will become platinum users 👍.

I will probably stay in the gold level 👎 Hoping that Alamy's measurement tools have worked well throughout this year 💞:

Balance brought forward: $72.29
Total sales: $413.93
Commission / charges: $-249.37
Total payments to you: $-162.89
Balance carried forward: $73.96
Cleared balance: $16.88
Next payment date: Not due

This is the one year balance (March 1, 2021 - March 16, 2022) of my account. To stay in the gold profile, just sell more than $ 250 gross in 12 months. If I understand correctly, I have sold 413 $ gross (yeah!) and I only made 72-73 $ (buuuu) ...- 80%? 🤔
Correct? Please, someone can help me understand if I interpret this table correctly?

My best regards for all of you.

Edited by Francescop

2%. But I think that is a considerable over-estimate. APA must know that $25000 is an absurdly high threshold.. 

At my current rate it would take me another 120 years to accumulate enough images to reach it.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

2%. But I think that is a considerable over-estimate. $25000 is an absurdly high threshold.. Which is presumably the point.

At my current rate it would take me another 120 years to accumulate enough images to reach it.

You're right. I should have written 0,2%

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

2%. But I think that is a considerable over-estimate. APA must know that $25000 is an absurdly high threshold.. 

Agreed - I think it will be rather less than 1%

Kumar

• Love 2
  • Like 2

I hope the people voting are serious and honest as this survey is open to abuse.

Example I was about to vote for 80% as a bit of fun however changed my mind and did not vote realising that the figures should have been 0.001% in steps up to 1.00%

Allan

One has to wonder whom the $25K "Platinum" threshold is aimed at, certainly not individual contributors. If the forum is any indication, even those with tens of 1000's of images and photographic super powers apparently don't earn that much. 🦸

Edited by John Mitchell

2 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

One has to wonder whom the $25K "Platinum" threshold is aimed at, certainly not individual contributors. If the forum is any indication, even those with tens of 1000's of images and photographic super powers apparently don't earn that much. 🦸

also doesn't help that Alamy has set it up so some of the revenue doesn't even get included in calculation like  DACS, some infringements, even though they take their cut on them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Francescop said:

Seriously, I really hope that many of you will become platinum users 👍.

I will probably stay in the gold level 👎 Hoping that Alamy's measurement tools have worked well throughout this year 💞:

Balance brought forward: $72.29
Total sales: $413.93
Commission / charges: $-249.37
Total payments to you: $-162.89
Balance carried forward: $73.96
Cleared balance: $16.88
Next payment date: Not due

This is the one year balance (March 1, 2021 - March 16, 2022) of my account. To stay in the gold profile, just sell more than $ 250 gross in 12 months. If I understand correctly, I have sold 413 $ gross (yeah!) and I only made 72-73 $ (buuuu) ...- 80%? 🤔
Correct? Please, someone can help me understand if I interpret this table correctly?

My best regards for all of you.

If you want to know your level, just run from July 1.   (use the range date option)

BTW you have earned more than $73 in the above

You have been paid $163 are owed $74 started with $72, so  163+74-72= 165.  HOWEVER, these are all revenue, seem of these like DACS seem excluded for level determination, so using the Sales History report maybe a better source.  Still think @alamy should have provided a field report to show progress. 

3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I suspect these will be agencies and suspect also that the photographers working for agencies get less than full shares of that 25K.  I'm curious as to what part of Alamy's income comes from individual contributors and what part comes from agencies. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I suspect these will be agencies and suspect also that the photographers working for agencies get less than full shares of that 25K.  I'm curious as to what part of Alamy's income comes from individual contributors and what part comes from agencies. 

i would expect the agencies to have specially negotiated deals 

20 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

i would expect the agencies to have specially negotiated deals 

They can, from what I read when the contract was changed, set minimum prices and other terms and conditions, individually.

7 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

no negotiations, I had a small group of fellow photographers backing up a niche market and Pip just had a look and gave me agency status. No big deal and I couldn't see it had any benefits.

Yer agency is showing 3,932 photos.   A number of individual photographers who have more than that.  Something that looks like an agency, MBI, has 100,576.  Action Plus Sports Images has 442,660 images.  Reuters, definitely an agency, has 12,519,490 images with Alamy.   Is Reuters in a stronger position to negotiate than MBI?  Oh, yeah.   Action Plus Sports?   Possibly.  MBI, mheh, maybe.

• Like 2

The 50% of offer is for Exclusive images - agencies won't be offering that. If agencies negotiate a better deal I can't really see that it matters to me or is any of my business. 

Even when 50% was available to me for Exclusive images I chose non-exclusive and 40% as the better option for those images that I could place elsewhere.

ie) I am not really too concerned about this $25,000 'target'.

Edited by geogphotos

Ok guys, but we want only an official report that shows us how this new contract has affected the revenue of Alamy.

@Alamy please, promise us that you will submit a detailed report of how:

1. the photographers have been divided into the new classification (how many in gold, how many in platinum and how many in silver)?
  2. did this affect your 2020 budget?
  3. any other ideas?

thanks a lot for your attention

...we are committed to your success!

Edited by Francescop

On 16/03/2022 at 17:25, Francescop said:

I have sold 413 $ gross (yeah!) and I only made 72-73 $ (buuuu) ...- 80%? 🤔

You have made 413.93 - 249.37 = $164.56  - approx. 40%

• Love 1
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The point of the $25,000 threshold is to allow 50% commission to continue to be paid to the corporate contributors (ie the British press who also just happen to be PA's shareholders) on their large portfolios of old and unused press images.

• Like 2

Photo agencies are also in the mix -- and they're possibly the largest group of photographers.   I doubt the individual photographers in the agency make 50% of the sales, though.   Agencies have different contracts with Alamy.

• Like 2