What Is Your Favourite Pic That Has Yet To Be Licensed?

Martin L

Phil Robinson posted an image that he said was one of his favourites (I can see why) but had only just licensed for the first time.

It got me thinking, I bet there are lots of fantastic images that for some reason have never licensed

Maybe for us as photographers it was a favourite because it was a particularly difficult shot or it had some important personal meaning

It would be great to see them.

For me it is this one. I don't really know why and it probably isn't that great an image to other people (probably why it has never licensed 🙂) but for me being a nature lover and bird watcher it just summed up that solitude, peace, isolation and some what craziness of the hobby when viewed by other people, standing alone, in the cold and rain staring at a tiny feathery thing sitting in a bush.

bird-watcher-twitcher-looking-through-a-telescope-on-a-tripod-on-the-horizon-against-a-dark-stormy-sky-uk-monochrome-black-and-white-2FNNXT1.jpg

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, Martin L said:

I can see why, I'm guessing good memories

Port and a francesinha, which is a sort of cheese sandwich with ham or steak dipped in cheese with cheese sauce and cheese on top. A welsh rarebit with extreme prejudice if you will.

And no, that's not the OH.

None of my series on this most important house of worship in history have ever sold or even been zoomed. This is both frustrating and mystifying to me. They were captured on my last trip to Rome when I said farewell to my favourite city and to my closest friend, a fellow American expat who lived there most of his life. 

saint-peters-basilica-in-vatican-city-ro

• Love 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh, too many.  But this one came to mind.  Taken at the Egyptian temple of Dendera .   I got lucky with this man walking and stopping in the shaft of light.  He was not aware of me and I had a few seconds to get some shots before he walked on.

africa-middle-east-egypt-egyptian-ancient-dendara-house-of-hathor-C3XXDE.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 3

Señor de la Conquista, celebration in San Miguel de Allende.  I've licensed a few images from event but this one was my favourite with the imploring look to the sky, once i noticed it in the dance move, spend quite a while trying to get it and was so happy, but never licensed. 

san-miguel-de-allende-mexico-march-6th-2020-the-annual-celebration-of-the-seor-de-la-conquista-honouring-the-image-of-christ-in-the-parroquia-de-san-miguel-arcangel-with-locals-making-processions-through-the-streets-of-the-city-in-elaborate-pre-hispanic-costumes-and-plumed-headdresses-and-making-their-way-to-the-central-garden-in-front-of-the-church-where-they-perform-ceremonial-dances-this-celebration-dates-from-almost-500-years-ago-when-locals-found-an-image-of-the-lord-left-by-a-pair-of-friars-who-died-in-battle-credit-meanderingemualamy-live-news-2B4FCM0.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Probably this one taken many moons ago on Kodachrome 64 or 200 (can't remember which). Although it has never licensed as "stock", I have sold prints, and it was used several times to illustrate travel articles that I've written.

Striding girl in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico

girl-wearing-a-party-hat-striding-down-a-street-in-san-miguel-de-allende-EA2CNT.jpg
  • Love 3

As a bird lover, capturing this female ruby-throated hummingbird showering in a gentle summer rain was special to me. It shows behavior that’s rarely seen, at least for me. I sat on my patio photographing hummingbirds many summers and only witnessed this once.

a-female-ruby-throated-hummingbird-archo

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 4
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

As a bird lover, capturing this female ruby-throated hummingbird showering in a gentle summer rain was special to me. It shows behavior that’s rarely seen, at least for me. I sat on my patio photographing hummingbirds many summers and only witnessed this once.

great shot

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Excellent photo Betty!

• Love 1

3 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

great shot

Thanks! I used to put nectar in a red jar lid and sit quietly. The hummers would come and perch on my thumb to drink. It was like a feather sat there…no perceptible weight, just the feel of their little feet on my skin. Sometimes if I had a floral shirt on, they would fly and hover inches from my face checking me out. I loved it.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Thanks! I used to put nectar in a red jar lid and sit quietly. The hummers would come and perch on my thumb to drink. It was like a feather sat there…no perceptible weight, just the feel of their little feet on my skin. Sometimes if I had a floral shirt on, they would fly and hover inches from my face checking me out. I loved it.

What a wonderful experience.

Allan

• Love 1

I'm a nature lover. The remotest the better. Hard and adventurous to get to? Let's go. No internet? Heaven. No-one around? Total bliss. 

This was taken during the very first lockdown when Covid was new. State borders were closed, we were almost the only ones going off-road in the Northern Territory, and we certainly were at that location. It took around 4h of hard driving through steep sand dunes, potholed hills and corrugation. Attachment to a photo is deeply personal.

2B193K5.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 2