September 2021 favourite uploads

spacecadet

Question

I'll start because we've been on our first hols for a year!

OH's new baby, 1980 Renault 12 restored at absurd expense, parked by the Sledmere Tower in the East Riding.

2GGW76M.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

20 answers to this question

Well I've just added a few to my existing 23(!) for the year and they've got bagged for QC. Only a dozen or two more from the hols in Suffolk and pints, sorry points, north.

Skate in black butter at the Oysterage, that sort of thing.

And I actually did type "pints" first.

Edited by spacecadet

A good friend has a small chain of bakery cafes called Pitango, in the Washington DC area and he asked me to come and take some photos.  He wanted to pay me but I have dined so many times at his house and his wife is a magazine editor client of mine, so I opted for free food instead.  They make some awesome sandwiches and gelato.  My freezer is now full of gelato.  He is half Italian, half Israeli and he knows a thing or two about quality food.  He lived in both places growing up.

usa-washington-dc-food-focaccia-sandwich-at-pitango-bakery-cafe-in-adams-morgan-made-with-avocado-tomato-prosciutto-2GH1F4Y.jpg

• Love 3

36 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

bumping this one above the duplicate thread

Have you realised that you started this thread in the" Community Support: Ask the Forum" section of the forum, rather than the usual "Let's Talk about Pics" section? Maybe you could ask Alamy to move it to the usual place so people can find it, and to avoid any further confusion.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Have you realised that you started this thread in the" Community Support: Ask the Forum" section of the forum, rather than the usual "Let's Talk about Pics" section? Maybe you could ask Alamy to move it to the usual place so people can find it, and to avoid any further confusion.

I see, I get my posts on a single page -"unread content", I've had it bookmarked for years- I assumed everybody did- so I'm not aware of different sections.. I certainly didn't check the previous thread. "ask the forum" seemed a logical place to ask for submissions.

Edited by spacecadet

50 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I see, I get my posts on a single page -"unread content", I've had it bookmarked for years- I assumed everybody did- so I'm not aware of different sections.. I certainly didn't check the previous thread. "ask the forum" seemed a logical place to ask for submissions.

Oh, that explains it. I obviously do it differently! Never mind - it looks like people are finding it anyway.

On 12/09/2021 at 17:24, Mr Standfast said:

Today at a country fair, a little dog on a tractor.

2gjxmkh.jpg

In case you want to add to your keywords, this is a West Highland White Terrier, or Westie as they are commonly called.

Jill

• Thanks 1