June 2021 Favourite Uploads

1 hour ago, gvallee said:

Wonderful Carol. Keep looking at your archives, you'll find more jewels. I enjoy seeing them.

Thanks Gen. I am finding a few "gems" and remembering so many good dives too. It makes me even more determined to get through this and dive again.

• Like 3

I think my shutter speed and ISO could have been a bit lower to show some motion blur from the rotor blades, but didn't have much time to practice!

This is an emergency medical helicopter near to where I live in Austria.

amtc-flugrettung-christophorus-2-a-monoc

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

I think my shutter speed and ISO could have been a bit lower to show some motion blur from the rotor blades, but didn't have much time to practice!

This is an emergency medical helicopter near to where I live in Austria.

The tips are blurred- doesn't look far off to me.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cbimages said:

Thanks Gen. I am finding a few "gems" and remembering so many good dives too. It makes me even more determined to get through this and dive again.

Isn't it wonderful the way that an image can take us back to the experience? The time with the animals has always been the most important part of this endeavor for me. I am also enjoying all the images you post.

Paulette

• Love 1

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Isn't it wonderful the way that an image can take us back to the experience? The time with the animals has always been the most important part of this endeavor for me. I am also enjoying all the images you post.

Paulette

Well now I'm quoting myself. Photosafaris.com has sent me an email that they will be doing my Svalbard trip again in 2023... On the same ship (refurbished). I thought those ships were not going to be used in Svalbard anymore. Ours, the Polar Pioneer, has been going to Antarctica. The slideshow on the site is showing some images from our trip. They have done many over the years but I recognized our polar bears! So cool.

Paulette

• Love 1

50 minutes ago, Alan Beastall said:

Brill VbFolly, you have cracked the techniqiue. Not an easy subject to photograph.

Alan

Thanks, Alan. I love your bee among the colourful flowers above as well.

I'd forgotten just how attractive some of the smaller Yorkshire towns and villages can be and was reasonably happy with the views without the cyclists, but, lo and behold, they rode into the frame at the right moment. Easingwold, north Yorkshire.

couple-cycling-through-easingwold-north-yorkshire-england-uk-2G3KX0E.jpg

• Love 2
  • Like 3

All these fab nature scenes and what do I get to shoot? Signs outside of bistros. 

I did get Chester and the Roman stuff. The wall that stands today has more to do with the English and the Vikings. By that time, the Romans had packed up their pasta pots and gone back to Italia.

the-roman-wall-in-chester-cheshire-2G373

the-roman-wall-in-chester-2G2XE0Y.jpg

roman-gardens-in-chester-cheshire-2G372W

• Love 6

2 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

that's lovely.   

inspiring me to give it a try

I have another of a different dragonfly I have to keyword yet.  I love the bokeh effect of the shimmers on the water.

Jill

• Love 1

On the weekend, I dropped by this makeshift shrine on the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery. It honours the 215 indigenous children whose unmarked graves were recently discovered at a residential school in BC. It was a very moving experience.

vancouver-british-columbia-canada-june-19-2021-haida-artist-tamara-bells-installation-of-215-pairs-of-shoes-on-the-steps-of-the-vancouver-art-gallery-has-become-a-makeshift-shrine-this-installation-honours-the-215-indigenous-children-whose-unmarked-graves-were-discovered-on-the-grounds-of-a-former-residential-school-in-kamloops-british-columbia-canada-2G4A876.jpg

vancouver-british-columbia-canada-june-19-2021-haida-artist-tamara-bells-installation-of-215-pairs-of-shoes-on-the-steps-of-the-vancouver-art-gallery-has-become-a-makeshift-shrine-this-installation-honours-the-215-indigenous-children-whose-unmarked-graves-were-discovered-on-the-grounds-of-a-former-residential-school-in-kamloops-british-columbia-canada-2G4C4CW.jpg

vancouver-british-columbia-canada-june-19-2021-haida-artist-tamara-bells-installation-of-215-pairs-of-shoes-on-the-steps-of-the-vancouver-art-gallery-has-become-a-makeshift-shrine-this-installation-honours-the-215-indigenous-children-whose-unmarked-graves-were-discovered-on-the-grounds-of-a-former-residential-school-in-kamloops-british-columbia-canada-2G4A88K.jpg
Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

On the weekend, I dropped by this makeshift shrine on the steps of the Vancouver Art Gallery. It honours the 215 indigenous children whose unmarked graves were recently discovered at a residential school in BC. It was a very moving experience.

vancouver-british-columbia-canada-june-19-2021-haida-artist-tamara-bells-installation-of-215-pairs-of-shoes-on-the-steps-of-the-vancouver-art-gallery-has-become-a-makeshift-shrine-this-installation-honours-the-215-indigenous-children-whose-unmarked-graves-were-discovered-on-the-grounds-of-a-former-residential-school-in-kamloops-british-columbia-canada-2G4A876.jpg

vancouver-british-columbia-canada-june-19-2021-haida-artist-tamara-bells-installation-of-215-pairs-of-shoes-on-the-steps-of-the-vancouver-art-gallery-has-become-a-makeshift-shrine-this-installation-honours-the-215-indigenous-children-whose-unmarked-graves-were-discovered-on-the-grounds-of-a-former-residential-school-in-kamloops-british-columbia-canada-2G4C4CW.jpg

vancouver-british-columbia-canada-june-19-2021-haida-artist-tamara-bells-installation-of-215-pairs-of-shoes-on-the-steps-of-the-vancouver-art-gallery-has-become-a-makeshift-shrine-this-installation-honours-the-215-indigenous-children-whose-unmarked-graves-were-discovered-on-the-grounds-of-a-former-residential-school-in-kamloops-british-columbia-canada-2G4A88K.jpg

sad.  nice capture.  This is from the one in Ottawa

ottawa-canada-june-1-2021-memorial-to-215-aboriginal-children-whose-remain-found-in-residential-school-in-kamloops-toys-and-shoes-left-2G0TK6D.jpg

ottawa-canada-june-1st-2021-a-memorial-to-the-215-children-found-buried-at-a-former-kamloops-british-columbia-residential-school-laid-at-the-centennial-flame-in-front-of-the-canadian-parliament-people-have-been-bringing-kids-shoes-stuffed-animals-and-flowers-to-pay-respect-to-the-children-whose-bodies-were-uncovered-in-the-grounds-of-the-former-kamloops-indian-residential-school-as-canadians-continue-to-wrestle-with-the-history-of-aboriginal-residential-schools-throughout-the-country-as-well-as-the-historical-treatment-of-first-nations-communities-credit-meanderingemualamy-live-news-2G06PGA.jpg

• Love 3

20 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Wow, Jill — you're doing some awesome closeups of creatures!

Thanks Ed.  It helped when I upgraded my camera to a Canon 90D with a 32MP sensor and bought the 100-400 L lens. It has made photography a lot more fun.  I am thinking of getting a macro lens later to add to my collection.  And also much thanks to Topaz software for getting rid of noise from higher ISOs.

I was away from photography for a couple of years, business was keeping me so busy, but Covid has pushed me back in and now look forward to heading out again now that restrictions are lifting here.

Jill

• Love 1