• F6T13H Paulette Sinclair
    • HPA31E Jill Morgan
    • 2AGM4FG Ed Rooney
    • 2B8DT19 Jorge Tutor
    • GJ2TCY Wiskerke
    • 2BE40EC Everyday Artistry Photography
    • HNBA21 Stephen Hyde
    • 2FH6M79 Sally Robertson

The challenge entries were of a very high quality, giving me a huge dilemma to select only 8. 

Don't be disheartened if you aren't part of the final cut, you might very well have been selected!

Closing date is Monday 7th June, midnight Sydney time

Good luck to the nominees!

F6T13H Paulette Sinclair 

F6T13H.jpg

HPA31E Jill Morgan 

HPA31E.jpg

2AGM4FG Ed Rooney 

2AGM4FG.jpg

2B8DT19 Jorge Tutor 

2B8DT19.jpg

GJ2TCY Wiskerke 

GJ2TCY.jpg

2BE40EC Everyday Artistry Photography

2BE40EC.jpg

HNBA21 Stephen Hyde

HNBA21.jpg

2FH6M79 Sally Robertson

2FH6M79.jpg

Edited by gvallee

Thank you for nominating mine Gvallee. That was a nice start to June 🙂 

BTW - I‘be made myself an Outback Wind Chime after seeing those pics you posted in last months uploads message. I want a couple of those bar stools now 😀

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

Thank you for nominating mine Gvallee. That was a nice start to June 🙂 

BTW - I‘be made myself an Outback Wind Chime after seeing those pics you posted in last months uploads message. I want a couple of those bar stools now 😀

LOL!!! Which stool are you going to go for? Ha ha ha!!

18 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

And thank you for picking one of mine for the final 8. 🙂

No worries. 

You shouldn't feel bad about struggling with setting up the poll last month, I had to refer to very old notes. It still took me a few times to get it right. Whoever set it up that way is a masochist. 

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Oh my goodness. Thank you. I hadn't expected to do well with this subject. But the animals always oblige.

Paulette

There weren't many nature entries, lines seem to be visually stronger in urban settings, but I just loved your image. Simple and effective. 

Posting this just for peace of mind. I am disappearing in the Bush again with no comms for a few days. 

I am planning to be back in time to declare a winner (hopefully not another tie) on the 8th.

Just in case I don't make it, can I ask a volunteer to officially declare the winner?

I am planning to shoot a timelapse of the Milky Way over a boab. It might take a few additional days than planned to succeed.

There is also a long river crossing which depends on the water level. If not fordable, it will be a looooong detour.

I'm pretty sure I'll be back in time but just in case... I wouldn't like to leave the winner hanging. Cheers!

• Love 1

Congrats to all the finalists!

@gvallee Gen, that sounds amazing - hope you have clear skies and low water! I'd volunteer to have your back, but I'm not on here often enough and am afraid I'd space out and forget. Still struggling with vertigo, but slept so much this past week tonight I can't sleep. Maybe it means I'm on the mend. (Maybe if I turn to the contract thread I'll fall asleep. )

I may have asked you this before, but have you ever read the autobiographical books of Jill Ker Conway? A wonderful person, she was president of Smith College when I was there in the 70s/80s. She grew up on a ranch in the bush and her stories are amazing. Very enjoyable if you ever come across them. The first in her series of autobiographies, The Road from Coorain, is about growing up in the bush. It's on Kindle if you don't come across used bookstores. I love downloading Kindle books from my public library. 

I also was reading a book on Macro Photography on Kindle, and thought it probably would be disappointing, but I could zoom in on the images which almost made up for not being able to turn the pages of a real book with photographs. 

Sorry to get off topic. Paulette's safari image and Gen's upcoming adventure piqued my imagination about the wild. 

Edited by Marianne

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Only just looked in, but no question, it's got to be the rhino's bum.

Bummer! A great suggestion for a challenge! 😁

wim

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Only just looked in, but no question, it's got to be the rhino's bum.

though i agree it is an amazing image, i seem to have been bogged down in a literal interpretation of the challenge title when i first came to vote, forgetting the specs were actually just "lines" not "between the lines"....   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sally R said:

Yes, that was my vote. I never realised rhinoceros bottoms were so interesting 😂

I’ve heard boils on the bottom hurt a lot. Looks like this one has plenty, even though they’re not inflamed.  Maybe that's why rhinos are so cranky.

We have a clear winner. Congratulations Paulette for your rhino's bum shot. Nice one!

Over to you for the next challenge.