How was your April 2021

Great month for me cause the prices are quite high. 

No less than $10 and the volume was satisfactory. 

But off course I Want more!

6 sales for 212.43

Lowest $7 and highest $88.

• Love 2

Just now, Young said:

Great month for me cause the prices are quite high. 

No less than $7  and the volume was satisfactory. 

But off course I Want more!

6 sales for 212.43

Lowest $7 and highest $88.

It was 7 the llowest 

Edited by Young
mistake

8 minutes ago, Travelshots said:

This Forum is confusing. Let everybody post NET sales that is how much you actually will receive ( LessVAT)

Working out the NET sales requires doing sums. Plus it's even more depressing 😅

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Travelshots said:

This Forum is confusing. Let everybody post NET sales that is how much you actually will receive ( LessVAT)

But gross gives a more accurate account of actual licence fees...

Some fees are subject to 50% commission, some 60%, and affiliate sales can bite you on the bum months later as some of us discovered last week!

Phil

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Travelshots said:

I hear you.  And to compare results here with most other sites, one needs to know the net income.  But as others have said, Alamy make it very easy to report gross income.  A tally of net income requires downloading the spreadsheet.  For those so inclined, both would be welcome.

9 minutes ago, Reimar said:

I hear you.  And to compare results here with most other sites, one needs to know the net income.  But as others have said, Alamy make it very easy to report gross income.  A tally of net income requires downloading the spreadsheet.  For those so inclined, both would be welcome.

Net can be a bit depressing -- $424 gross (10 sales) and $175 net for me in April.

I find that taking 40% of gross usually gives me a relatively good of idea of net earnings, but I'm almost 100% exclusive now.

• Love 1

Oddly, John, I find 40% a rough and ready approximation too.  Except I'm 100% non-exclusive, so instead of being just over 40% like you, I'm just under 40% due to those distributors, as Jorge points out.

33 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Oddly, John, I find 40% a rough and ready approximation too.  Except I'm 100% non-exclusive, so instead of being just over 40% like you, I'm just under 40% due to those distributors, as Jorge points out.

The math is always weird. I'm signed up for distribution as well, but I see considerably more direct sales at 50%. Somehow it all balances out to around 40%.

Worst sales volume for a while, revenue not too bad.

6 sales for $278.

Lowest $5.21, Highest $170.26, Average $46.33.

Views and zooms way down.

John.

• Love 1

3 sales from $5.21 to $49.99, better than average one per thousand images, but those $5 sales are really disappointing.  My CTR is at an all time low but Zooms have never been much of a predictor for me. Views are just over 50% of pre-Covid days. 

Well, I felt somewhat okay with three sales this month (one decent, 2 small), until I realized a good sale from early November, which had cleared, was refunded in April, wiping out all my gains for the month and more. So, a fee I earned Nov 4, 2020 was refunded April 29, 2021, just short of six months later! 

“April is the cruelest month." 

PS @Wim this time I got TS Eliot's quote right. 

Oh well... "April showers bring May flowers..." 🌺 🌸 💐  Maybe May sales will be brighter. 

On 01/05/2021 at 16:41, Pearl said:

After an awful March, April was average for volume and in 4th place for $$$ the rolling year - 38 for just over $1100.  No $$$ but also not too many $.

Pearl

You have some lovely landscapes, if I may say so! 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 02/05/2021 at 14:28, Travelshots said:

It is more time consuming to work out net sales.

Pearl

• Love 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Pearl said:

It is more time consuming to work out net sales.

Pearl

And Gross gives a true view of the fees being charged, whereas with a net figure we have no idea what commission was taken as it varies depending on exclusivity/distributor/affiliate commissions.

Phil

• Love 2
  • Like 4