The new Food Photography thread

I got a "heart" for suggesting this so I'll start.

Some of us seem to have got creative, or even productive, in the kitchen during the You Know What, and it's something to photograph that you don't have to go out for or wear a towel over your face.

I now cook the pizza on Fridays.

DSC06474.jpgDSC06477.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 6

28 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Nice. Can I have the bit with the most black olives please?

Allan

:lol:It was gone within 10 minutes of that photograph being taken I'm afraid. The only way to get it out of the kitchen intact was to run very fast.

I love to shoot food, have over 1,000 photos on Alamy with "food" as a tag but not all are of dishes, many are of food places.  I know a couple of food photographers who pretty much only shoot food and my photos pale in comparison to theirs....but non-the-less, I will still shoot food when I can.  Most of mine are with natural light (mostly window light)...a few are lit with a soft box or some sort of flash light.  My best sellers are of food that represent a place or a region, iconic to that locale.

D8DW6T.jpgKN2CD5.jpgKN2C0N.jpgFBYHGD.jpgBK7J8W.jpgC3NHJY.jpgB931M5.jpg

• Love 5

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

I love to shoot food, have over 1,000 photos on Alamy with "food" as a tag but not all are of dishes, many are of food places.  I know a couple of food photographers who pretty much only shoot food and my photos pale in comparison to theirs....but non-the-less, I will still shoot food when I can.  Most of mine are with natural light (mostly window light)...a few are lit with a soft box or some sort of flash light.  My best sellers are of food that represent a place or a region, iconic to that locale.

D8DW6T.jpgKN2CD5.jpgKN2C0N.jpgFBYHGD.jpgBK7J8W.jpgC3NHJY.jpgB931M5.jpg

Belgian chocolates?

Allan

It's nice to see existing images from collections, I have plenty of sellers there, but let's have some new ones from lockdown as well. By definition they'll be "studio" work. Whatever passes for a "studio" in your house.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

It's nice to see existing images from collections, I have plenty of sellers there, but let's have some new ones from lockdown as well. By definition they'll be "studio" work. Whatever passes for a "studio" in your house.

Shot during lockdown, in my outside studio😁

2BB45XK.jpg

Phil

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Sorry, I thought this thread was to talk about food photography in general but now I get your motivation to start this thread, more about shooting food at home during the pandemic.  I don’t often shoot what I make at home but probably should!

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Put those burgers and pizzas down! You folks need some healthier food . . . like berries, yogurt, walnuts, a banana under it all with a smashed up muffin. 

a-healthy-breakfast-of-berries-walnuts-y

That’s pretty much what I had this morning, sans the muffin.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Put those burgers and pizzas down! You folks need some healthier food . . . like berries, yogurt, walnuts, a banana under it all with a smashed up muffin. 

Berry nice indeed. 

Mark's pizza actually looks pretty healthy to me -- lots of antioxidants and perhaps even a whole wheat crust. It looks delicious as well.

I wonder if he's offering free home delivery. 🍕

You are right, that looks like one healthy, tasty pizza.

Can't say I cooked any of this International antipasto mix (antipasti) but I did put it together. Top to bottom, we see Mexican, French, Middle Eastern, and some Italian basil. 

mixed-antipasti-2CCYX0J.jpg

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 2

My husband is a fabulous cook; in fact he does all the cooking as he enjoys it and I do not. I usually try and take a photo if I can, especially this year. However, I have yet to sell one. Here are a few.

food-serving-of-pulled-pork-or-pork-pibi

close-up-of-mexican-tortilla-wrap-filled

beetroot-puff-pastry-lattice-served-on-a

chicken-aloo-gobi-curry-served-in-roasti

middle-eastern-roasted-vegetable-dish-wi

• Love 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Sorry, I thought this thread was to talk about food photography in general but now I get your motivation to start this thread, more about shooting food at home during the pandemic.  I don’t often shoot what I make at home but probably should!

Not at all- please carry on- there's plenty of room!

I neither have a house or a studio, nor am I in lockdown (sorry guys, I feel for you, I feel guilty mentioning it but I have to explain why I'm posting this), so I'll show you what we saw yesterday.

In a tiny village of 300 people in Queensland is a wonderful country bakery specializing in donuts only. Available flavours are: Creme brulee, Belgian chocolate custard, Ginger nut, Custard and salty caramel, Coco pop and nutella, among others. Then there's a twist. You can choose to enter the 1kg donut competition. The prize is your name on a plate on the wall. The current record is 2 mn 28 sec. Quite revolting in my opinion. I'm amazed at the number of plates on the wall!!

2E4TXNB.jpg

2E4TXMT.jpg

2E4TXRG.jpg

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Sally said:

My husband is a fabulous cook; in fact he does all the cooking as he enjoys it and I do not. I usually try and take a photo if I can, especially this year. However, I have yet to sell one. Here are a few.

middle-eastern-roasted-vegetable-dish-wi

.......and Hochar Père et Fils too. Clearly I need to up my styling game.