The new Food Photography thread

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

Hey, Carol and Steve, I'm a kind of neighbour. Send some of those baked goods to me, please. 

It's a shame it has to be a virtual slice - such a shame we don't all live closer - I think we would all go round to Steve for tea😁

Carol

55 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

I’m still baking. I’ve moved on to a gluten free recipe book, not the we’re gluten free, I just liked the look of these salted caramel brownies. They were ‘gert lush’ to use some local Bristolian slang 😋

a-freshly-cooked-batch-of-salted-caramel

Real nice styling and lighting Steve!

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Real nice styling and lighting Steve!

Thanks Michael, I’m on my fourth food photography book since Xmas. The shops re open in the UK tomorrow so I’ll be able to go out and get some props. Three of those books are by America photographers.

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I need to get me some planks.

I stained two scaffold planks with some of dark oak fence stain recently. They work really well. 

a-home-baked-meat-feast-stone-baked-thin

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Thanks Michael, I’m on my fourth food photography book since Xmas. The shops re open in the UK tomorrow so I’ll be able to go out and get some props. Three of those books are by America photographers.

I stained two scaffold planks with some of dark oak fence stain recently. They work really well. 

a-home-baked-meat-feast-stone-baked-thin

What a very tidy pizza. Mine are almost, but not quite, entirely unlike circles.

• Love 1

I broke my “no breakfast” stance this morning. I made American biscuits and sausage gravy. Split the biscuits and ladle the gravy over. For my son. I managed to eat 1 1/4  biscuits and left the rest on my plate. Jeff ate 3 and 3/4 of the sausage gravy. I brown pork sausage into crumbles and add it to the gravy.

I’m not sure whether you get American style food at McDonald’s over the Pond, but if you get the biscuits with either sausage, sausage and egg, or bacon, egg & cheese biscuits, those are the biscuits I’m talking about.

Like these, not my image.

homemade-baked-southern-usa-buttermilk-b

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/03/2021 at 10:10, Allan Bell said:

Hi Martin, Long time no see on here. Nice to see you back.

As a bye my wife was a beautiful Lincoln lass, unfortunately not on this planet anymore.

Allan

Hi Allan

I have been lurking but not doing any photography at all for last 2-3 years, apart from a few holiday snap/family snaps. Doing a PhD on photography though.

Mind you might not be around much longer with the new commision rates, especially as I am likely to drop to the 20% band if I don't start submitting. But then why would I?

All the best

Martin