December 2020 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

Being one day ahead in Oz, I can start the December thread.

Last Sunday at Bribie Island, Sunshine Coast, Queensland.

And they all include people! Giving myself a pat on the back.

2DEK9HY.jpg

2DEK99Y.jpg

2DEK91F.jpg

• Love 3

28 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Here's a couple of my dog. One festive shot and the other, her being utterly lazy, with her brother 🙂

2DEDYP5.jpg

2DE5D3G.jpg

Good to see Manchester Terriers on here.  Brings back fond memories of my late parents' dogs.  They bred, showed and judged them for many years.

27 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Love the one with the hat. Perfect for a greeting card.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette, we used it for our family Xmas cards this year 🙂

24 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Good to see Manchester Terriers on here.  Brings back fond memories of my late parents' dogs.  They bred, showed and judged them for many years.

Hi John, you don’t see to many around but it’s surprising how often she gets recognised as a Manchester when we’re out. My sisters dog, the one with his eye partially open, qualified for Crufts when he was younger but he doesn’t have the temperament for showing. He’s also now missing two vital requirements, for a show dog, from his undercarriage !!

8 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Hi John, you don’t see to many around but it’s surprising how often she gets recognised as a Manchester when we’re out. My sisters dog, the one with his eye partially open, qualified for Crufts when he was younger but he doesn’t have the temperament for showing. He’s also now missing two vital requirements, for a show dog, from his undercarriage !!

Yes, that does tend to be a disqualifier 😀

It's not that common a breed so you may even find that my parents' Whitgift prefix features somewhere (probably fairly far back) in their pedigrees.  They made up two champions, their stud dogs sired other champions and a couple of their female puppies bred further champions so they had an influence on the breed from the 70's to early 2000's.  Both of them judged the breed at champ shows, including Crufts.

46 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Yes, that does tend to be a disqualifier 😀

It's not that common a breed so you may even find that my parents' Whitgift prefix features somewhere (probably fairly far back) in their pedigrees.  They made up two champions, their stud dogs sired other champions and a couple of their female puppies bred further champions so they had an influence on the breed from the 70's to early 2000's.  Both of them judged the breed at champ shows, including Crufts.

Hi John, I’ve just checked the pedigree doc and couldn’t see Whitgift. I know the stud dog came from Somerset so there’s a South West of England link if your parents were in Devon. The word Keyline appears a lot on the pedigree doc  

46 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Hi John, I’ve just checked the pedigree doc and couldn’t see Whitgift. I know the stud dog came from Somerset so there’s a South West of England link if your parents were in Devon. The word Keyline appears a lot on the pedigree doc  

They lived in North Lincs, Steve.  Keyline were one of the big kennels in the breed so lots of dogs will be descended from their line.  Always an achievement to beat one of theirs.

4 hours ago, Sally R said:

Great pics Gen. Bribie Island looks like a beautiful place to visit. Can you see the Fraser Island fire from there? It just seems to keep going and going. I hope they can put it out soon or some rain comes down and does it.

We've been tucked away at the marina on the Wharf and haven't looked yet. I heard that Kingfisher Resort on the island has been evacuated. We stayed there once, a lovely place. I hope it will be unscathered. We had planned to camp at Tin Can Bay and Rainbow  Beach but guess what, out of control grass fire there. As the road is a 10km cul de sac, we decided to go to Maryborough instead. It's fire season all over again. I know that there is smoke from Fraser Island at Rainbow Beach. Half of the island is gone in flames over the past 6 weeks. What a tragedy! Such a spectacular island.

2 hours ago, John Richmond said:

They lived in North Lincs, Steve.  Keyline were one of the big kennels in the breed so lots of dogs will be descended from their line.  Always an achievement to beat one of theirs.

Thats interesting. Unfortunately our mutt didn’t inherit the show standard traits. 🙂

1 hour ago, Marianne said:

@Alan Beastall Stunning photos! 

@gvallee Stay safe Gen. Hope this season isn't as bad as last. And I was feeling jealous that it was swimming weather! Love that first shot! The joy of childhood summers! 

Thank you Marianne. We're currently holed up in our motorhome. The wind has changed and there is a lot of smoke drifting in town from the Fraser Island fire. For God's sake, a Heritage-listed island 50% burnt so far.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, gvallee said:

Thank you Marianne. We're currently holed up in our motorhome. The wind has changed and there is a lot of smoke drifting in town from the Fraser Island fire. For God's sake, a Heritage-listed island 50% burnt so far.

So sorry to hear that. 2020 has certainly been a nightmare year on so many fronts. Hopefully a renewed commitment to address climate change by our new president in 2021 will help  Just as the world came together to find vaccines, if we work together worldwide to address climate change, hopefully it is not too late to save the planet. Stay safe. Lucky that you can move your home out of harm's way but soul-crushing to see the destruction and loss of life, human and animal alike, caused by those hellish fires.  

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I've been playing with the new sky replacement tool in photoshop. I like this one. What do you think?

goliath-crane-on-water-street-in-liverpo

I haven't had the chance to use sky replacement tool yet as I'm still running Windows7 so can't download the latest PS CC version, but if that is what it looks like, I'm very impressed. New laptop with Windows 10 arrives this week. I actually have the same sky tonight but the foreground would be caravans and motorhomes. Zero pic taken. Very credible shot of yours, well done. Love the golden light on the building.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 1

Usher Gallery Lincoln City

usher-gallery-lincoln-city-october-2020-2DDT2CE.jpg

This image was uploaded late November but due to extended QC times did not show on Alamy till begining of December.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 2

On 01/12/2020 at 20:06, Steve Hyde said:

Thats interesting. Unfortunately our mutt didn’t inherit the show standard traits. 🙂

Steve, you're a lucky dog with those sweet-looking dogs. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

I guess this counts.....a further trawl of the archive.

Vickers Vanguard Merchantman in British Airways Cargo livery, probably G-APIP, at Heathrow, 1979

2DG9PX7.jpg

......and from the observation deck when you could still look at the aeroplanes.

2DG9PY0.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2