Have you seen this blog about payment fees

Alamy is scrapping them and lowering payout even more.

http://www.alamy.com/Blog/contributor/archive/2013/11/04/5545.aspx

Doesn't actually bother me as I usually get a payout each month anyway and I wasn't affected by fees but some of you might be pleased that Alamy has listened.

Pearl

Darn! I've just changed my payment method from the last change. Oh well it can stay as is now, but did prefer the original method.

Nice to hear that the threshold is now at a reasonable level. Good for you Alamy.

Allan

It works very well for my bank.

Fee SEK 50 for every transaction no matter the amount. 

I guess, if payout continue to be lower and lower than, one day I would have to pay 50 to get my 40..... :(

But then.... if it works for most of you... good for you.

I wish you all many good sales.

Ladi

Yes, good news for all mankind. It's nice to know that someone is listening up there. I just switched from wire transfer to PayPal in order to reduce fees, which would have been $20.50 per transfer ($15 bank plus $5.50 Alamy charge). However, I don't think that this policy change will affect me now because PayPal determines the fees (about 3% in Canada). Or am I wrong about this? Will there be no PayPal fees as well?

Hey, John, maybe you won't have to sneak over the border to do your banking after all.  ;)

Thank you, Alamy . . . and happy holidays to you too.  :)

And thanks and good on you, Pearl. (Wait, that's Aussi not Wales speak.)  :unsure:

Hey, John, maybe you won't have to sneak over the border to do your banking after all.  ;)

Thank you, Alamy . . . and happy holidays to you too.  :)

And thanks and good on you, Pearl. (Wait, that's Aussi not Wales speak.)  :unsure:

True, I can put my hoody back in mothballs. However, the lower threshold means that I'll be sticking with PayPal FBFW. There's no way I'm going to make my filthy rich Canadian bank any richer and me any poorer.

I guess, if payout continue to be lower and lower than, one day I would have to pay 50 to get my 40..... :(

Same for me. I rather have the $250 level for payout back. But I think this is Alamys way of getting contributers to put in more effort.

So rare to get an organisation that genuinely seems to be trying to its best for contributors.  Sadly, some will always lose out one way or another, but overall this seems to be a very positive move.  Well done Alamy and thanks Pearl for passing on the link (I always forget to look at the blog!)

Same for me. I rather have the $250 level for payout back. But I think this is Alamys way of getting contributers to put in more effort.

Could be worse, SEK 50 is less than US$8.00, I believe. My Canadian bank was charging me US$15.00 for each transfer. Would PayPal or Skrill  be better alternatives for you in Sweden?

Here ought to have been quotations from the Swedish posting photographers - but somehow these have disappeared.

-------

If the terms are as I understand them now, I think it is great news for which Alamy should have great credit.

Specifically about the lowering of the payout amount level I would also have preferred the original USD 250 - but I guess we are not many who'd prefer this.

I pay a bank fee of DKK 10.00 to receive Euros (or dollars). That'll be 11.76 SEK or 1.81 USD. I wouldn't have thought of that difference as I see Sweden daily from my neighbourhood and don't see much difference. (The coast of the Sound and the island Ven (with the Tycho Brahe observatory) you took from us (ceded to Sweden in 1658 with the rest of Scania at the Treaty of Roskilde)). :). I still enjoy your lower rate of exchange especially for buying cheaper outdoor clothing of a better quality, etc. When leaving the ferry in Elsinore I am met by numerous Swedes wheeling loads of beers and alcohol in the other direction. :D

"Here ought to have been quotations from the Swedish posting photographers - but somehow these have disappeared."

Perhaps it has something to do with all that Danish beer they consume. :D

Might have. But I think it is much more boring unfortunately -  disappeared at an editing of my post. I will leave the humorous interpretation to my Scandinavian neighbours  :)

Here ought to have been quotations from the Swedish posting photographers - but somehow these have disappeared.

-------

If the terms are as I understand them now, I think it is great news for which Alamy should have great credit.

Specifically about the lowering of the payout amount level I would also have preferred the original USD 250 - but I guess we are not many who'd prefer this.

I too have to agree with majority. I accept. Have I any choice?

But what problem it would be to make it possible the "Payment on Demand"?

Anyway, it is great news that we do not need to pay to be payd. Thanks Alamy.

John, I feel your pain. SEK 50 comparing to the blackmail your bank is demanding....

Do not know how about PP but there too is fee and then fee to transfer to the bank again... where is the end of the mess????

But as I had some patty sales with Faa and Artflakes I will have to open the account anyway.

Niels, I did a stop at Ven when sailing by (1993). It was still Danish :) and I promise: I have no claim :)

And BTW, please PEACE with all you Scandinavians because I am fed up of running away ....

Someone of my father's father (Kirn) had to flee from Germany; My Grandpa (Vatovia) had to flee from Mussolini and settled down on the wrong spot of the world and, as the consequence, I had to flee from some other sort of hillbilly-goons in that country... 

Enough is enough... peace with you Scandinavians :) 

... and payout too, is now low enough, isn't it?

Greeting to Ven and the rest of the world

From Öckerö, Sweden

Ladi

Niels, I did a stop at Ven when sailing by (1993). It was still Danish :) and I promise: I have no claim :)

Enough is enough... peace with you Scandinavians :)

I hope Ven is still Swedish - otherwise something drastic has happened overnight :) We prefer it to be Swedish now...

No intensions of taking up nearly medieval crazy wars. We are more or less one unit now. :) Only the fights in soccer and handball remain...

I wasn't aware of your family's dramatic history, sorry. We are lucky that it is long gone history, but it leaves a scar. You will also find many similar family backgrounds in Denmark.

I hope Ven is still Swedish - otherwise something drastic has happened overnight :) We prefer it to be Swedish now...

Ooops....LOL...

I had no intention to give Ven away. It was a genuine ignorance.

But how to know? I did not know the difference between Danish and Swedish at that time. And without checkpoints and barbed wire... how to know where one country ends and other begins? (Thanks God)

Should come and click some pics to keyword them and learn the stuff that way :).

Cheers to all on all sides of the Sound

And cheers to Alamy nation :).

Happy shooting.

These are good news, and Alamy continues to be the ONLY agency that reverses decisions based on the photographers feelings expressed in this forum and through MS.

Yet, if its alamy policy to drop decisions due to their lack of popularity it would be nice to ask us beforehand, in a case of two more sensible since we don't run the agency, and spare us the torment.

Nevertheless it's a good decision.

Archived