Have you seen this blog about payment fees

Could be worse, SEK 50 is less than US$8.00, I believe. My Canadian bank was charging me US$15.00 for each transfer. Would PayPal or Skrill  be better alternatives for you in Sweden?

Same for me. I rather have the $250 level for payout back. But I think this is Alamys way of getting contributers to put in more effort.

It works very well for my bank.

Fee SEK 50 for every transaction no matter the amount. 

I guess, if payout continue to be lower and lower than, one day I would have to pay 50 to get my 40..... :(

I just bit the bullet and signed up for Skrill. 

Dave

Could be worse, SEK 50 is less than US$8.00, I believe. My Canadian bank was charging me US$15.00 for each transfer. Would PayPal or Skrill  be better alternatives for you in Sweden?

Same for me. I rather have the $250 level for payout back. But I think this is Alamys way of getting contributers to put in more effort.

I guess, if payout continue to be lower and lower than, one day I would have to pay 50 to get my 40..... :(

Dave

I also just signed up for a USD Skrill account which appears to be cheaper than my bank - +/- $10 per transfer, $120 pa! If this works out - great. If not then I shall remove my payment details until I need the money.

dov

Dave

I opened a Skrill account but will probably close it now and continue using my existing PayPal account, which I already have linked to my PhotoShelter and FAA websites. I'll miss the speedy USD transfers, but paying a bank charge of $15 doesn't make sense with the new $75 threshold. Alamy claims that there will be no fees on their end no matter what payment method we use. It will be interesting to see how this affects PayPal payments.

Bank charges has long been an on-going hassle but some of the permutations described by Alamy contributors left me a bit baffled. But moving money internationally is a constant headache. And changing all the time. Quite aside from all the individual details, I am impressed and encouraged that Alamy have been able to afford to do this. These payments have got to eat into their reserves and that alone helps with confidence in their balance sheet.

>  Alamy continues to be the ONLY agency that reverses decisions based on the photographers feelings

=====

Did any UK law covering involuntary payment-related fees, etc., play a role...?

Don't think there is one. Merchants can pass on credit card fees anyway but that wouldn't cover this. In any case it could only apply to EU residents.

pete huggins: possibly the only reason anything is changing is because everything is about to change

Interesting point.

Is there history of coupling good-news then shortly after bad-news sequences?

:) --> :o --> :( --> :angry: 

I don't even want to go there... :o

Balance of Account doesn't seem to be updated yet to show the new payment threshold. Mine currently shows $171 in cleared funds with  payment Not Due.

It starts in December

Pearl

Depends if PayPal with charge me for any transfers or what the exchange rate from USD to SEK will be. But I think I'm going to try that route.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but...

As per banks charging for incoming money: When I moved

from California to Pennsylvania and set up my bank account

near Pittsburgh the bank officer I was working with asked me

if I had any "Direct Deposits" coming into my account and

without thinking about it I said Alamy in London and ever

since they have not charged me a fee to receive incoming

transfers from Alamy. When I was in California both Wells

Fargo Bank and Bank of America charged me a fee for incoming

transfers from Alamy.

I don't know about the rest of the world, but in the U.S.

most banks encourage "Direct Deposits"

>  Alamy continues to be the ONLY agency that reverses decisions based on the photographers feelings

=====

Did any UK law covering involuntary payment-related fees, etc., play a role...?

I cannot answer that Jeff. But I've witnessed other situations where alamy dropped some decisions based on forum feedback. Maybe UK law had something to do with it, but if it didn't I wouldn't be surprised that it was a decision based on feedback.

I cannot say the same with other agencies I work with. In fact, some delete portfolios instantly if a member critiques certain decisions, even in independent forums.

Archived