My uploads are pending QC for over2 months

I uploaded my images in mid April and since then I have done few more uploads but none (65) images have been through QC. This seems to be very long delay in QC approval process compared to other stock photo sites. Not sure if they are under staffed or have. Is a different criteria but over 2 month lag is way off industry standards. Is anyone else facing similar situation or is it just me? Any insight will be helpful in deciding if it is worth waiting or move my photos elsewhere. 

That sounds frustrating, sorry to hear that. A lot of the forum contributors are running through QC quickly, but these chaps have 5* ratings.

I thought this sticky had gone but it is still there..

•  
  •  
  • Alamy
  • Administrators
  • team_admin.png
  • 942 posts
  • Joined Alamy:08 Jun 2017

Due to currently working with a reduced team, QC times will be longer than usual for some users.

For users who are new and sending their first test submission, the turnaround time is currently 3-4 weeks however we hope this will be much shorter within a month or so.

Thanks for your patience.

Alamy

I would suggest an email to member services explaining your situation, but they may not yet be replying within 24 hours as they used to.

Stay safe!

Edited by Mr Standfast
corrected errors.....some days...

6 hours ago, Roger54 said:

way off industry standards

So is a global pandemic. The fact that there is a delay has been explained to you.

15 minutes ago, ernest said:

I have 5 stars and no problem before).

5-star holders are subject to random QC checks.

4 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Sorry to barge in here but anybody uploading to the alter ego ST****MO and, if so, what QC times are over there. 

Last lot I did, last week, took 2 days.

Think it's unrelated to QC stars here as I've got 5*.

Phil

4 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Phil

Thanks Phil - I'm on 5* here also. I uploaded a few to "them: today, the first for months, and was just curious of the Covid possible delays. 

Appreciate the response

Ray

6 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Phil

Interesting, I'm still going straight through, maybe you were pulled for a check. I've known "instant" to be a few hours though.

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

Interesting, I'm still going straight through, maybe you were pulled for a check. I've known "instant" to be a few hours though.

2 days was on S****IMO!!!

Normally instant on here...

Checks on average every 8 - 10 uploads go through in less than 24hrs.

Phil

I uploaded 3 three weeks ago and one passed quickly. The other two no action. I don't seem to make sales there anyway. I think I need to apply myself to learning to be creative in that style.

Paulette

On 22/06/2020 at 14:48, Phil Crean said:

Phil

It is unrelated to your Alamy QC rank, I asked them.

I'm a mere mortal 3 star and thankfully haven't had to wait more than 48 hours in most cases for approval. It's usually around 24. If I don't have the email within 2 days I normally check anyway as the email seems to come as and when it likes.

I genuinely feel for those who are waiting weeks/months to pass QC.

• Love 1

I have uploaded another batch of 20+ pictures and it’s now over 2 days. Still waiting for approvals. I hope we had some predictable time line window for approval. Based on posts above it does not seems to have to do anything with star rating so wonder what is the criteria for some getting approvals instantly and other have to wait for days/ weeks or months ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2020 at 13:47, Roger54 said:

I have uploaded another batch of 20+ pictures and it’s now over 2 days. Still waiting for approvals. I hope we had some predictable time line window for approval. Based on posts above it does not seems to have to do anything with star rating so wonder what is the criteria for some getting approvals instantly and other have to wait for days/ weeks or months ?

I've only had 6 small uploads this year and uploaded last night around 9-10pm, and they, as has happened every other time this year, they cleared at the end of the next working day, ie today;long with the Alamy congratulation, you've passed e-mail, I only have 3 stars for QC rank, so it doesn't look like it QC rank related?

Chris

On 25/06/2020 at 13:47, Roger54 said:

Hi Roger, sorry it's taking so long. I don't think you've mentioned your QC rank. Have you had any recent failures?

I'm 3* and it's nearly always next working day for me. I have read from some contributors that they think QC might go faster if you regularly upload.

Steve

14 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi Roger, sorry it's taking so long. I don't think you've mentioned your QC rank. Have you had any recent failures?

I'm 3* and it's nearly always next working day for me. I have read from some contributors that they think QC might go faster if you regularly upload.

Steve

Same for me, 3* also, had some approved next day one week ago.  Fingers crossed for you.

I emailed Alamy today about something separate and got their automated response, seems like they are still out for COVID-19.

Here are some snippets from the mail

Temporarily, we’re unlikely to be able to answer your email due to a reduction in team size whilst we respond to the global Covid-19 pandemic.

Quality Control wait times will be much longer than normal. Please bear with us and we will review your submission as soon as we can. Wait time for initial submissions will take around 3 to 4 weeks.