Post a good thing that happened in your life today

Betty LaRue

4 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Thank you for the messages of support for my recent knee replacement surgery. It all went very well. I was admitted at 7am on Tuesday morning, operated on at 8.30am and discharged the following day at 5pm having passed the physio and care assessments. I have to say I have nothing but praise for the care and support I received from our beleaguered NHS. 

Its a long slow process of recovery now. Luckily I'm not in any pain from the procedure, which is unusual, but the new joint is very swollen and I'm getting around on crutches for now. Its six weeks before I can drive so plenty of time for keywording all those unprocessed images in my portfolio. 

My much better half had her replacement knee early 2020. Never looked back.  RUH Bath prescribed a wrap around ice pack  which helped control the swelling.

As the pandemic was just starting at the time she wondered if putting off the operation would be appropriate. We're very happy she didn't.

Have a swift recovery!

Edited by Mr Standfast
typo
  • Love 1

Water disaster: Downstairs is done. Bad part of ceiling cut out & replaced. Knockdown finish applied to ceiling & painted. Upstairs bath, the source of all the water, I’ve painted ceiling & walls. Tomorrow family will put the cabinet that fell & broke the toilet back on the wall, carefully making sure the screws go in the stud boards this time. Then they’ll install the new toilet.

Only thing after that is to move all the end tables, occasional tables & pictures back in to the family room downstairs. So from disaster to done, about 2 1/2 weeks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Glad to hear things went well. I had a hip replacement five years ago. I was driving within less than a month, but hips aren't as complicated as knees. Twice weekly physio really helped me recover, especially the swimming pool exercises. Hang in there. It's worth the pain.

My left hip replacement was back in 2014. It failed as I fractured my left pelvis in an RTA during 1974. I remember that I could drive again a little earlier as then I drove an automatic gearbox car, but had to wait for a meeting with my consultant before getting clearance to drive. Following a list of exercises and lots of walking was the key to a faster recovery.

11 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Thank you for the messages of support for my recent knee replacement surgery. It all went very well. I was admitted at 7am on Tuesday morning, operated on at 8.30am and discharged the following day at 5pm having passed the physio and care assessments. I have to say I have nothing but praise for the care and support I received from our beleaguered NHS. 

Its a long slow process of recovery now. Luckily I'm not in any pain from the procedure, which is unusual, but the new joint is very swollen and I'm getting around on crutches for now. Its six weeks before I can drive so plenty of time for keywording all those unprocessed images in my portfolio. 

Good to hear all went well, Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Great news. Hope the recovery is short and sweet. Agree with you our NHS have fantastic people working for them.

Allan

• Love 1

18 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

Glad it all went well Steve and great you aren't in any pain.  Like you say there's always keyboarding to do.  Onwards and upwards.....😁

Carol

• Love 2

13 hours ago, NYCat said:

We had a cardinal on the fire escape today. It was giving the tiniest chirps and my cat Panda was chirping back. 

Paulette

Did he take the sermon as well?

Allan

Sorry couldn't resist.

• Love 1

We have a nest of baby cardinals! They built that nest years ago and never seemed to use it. I’ve been hearing cardinals and occasionally seeing one. This morning I saw one feeding little open beaks. They are very tiny. I’ve tried taking pics from my bedroom window and they will not be very good with a lot of twigs and branches in the way. Maybe they will stay in the garden for a while after they fledge. There seem to be three of them. Such fun.

Paulette

• Love 2

The good thing is that one of the three Domke Gripper camera straps I ordered via Amazon some time back has arrived. Not so good is that I ordered 3 and only one shipped. When I ordered I checked all the other usual suspects and no one had stock. They really do grip shoulders. My existing one was bought in 2014 and for too long I have dithered re buying more. It will get some use tomorrow now while in London.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

We have a nest of baby cardinals! They built that nest years ago and never seemed to use it. I’ve been hearing cardinals and occasionally seeing one. This morning I saw one feeding little open beaks. They are very tiny. I’ve tried taking pics from my bedroom window and they will not be very good with a lot of twigs and branches in the way. Maybe they will stay in the garden for a while after they fledge. There seem to be three of them. Such fun.

Paulette

I would be as thrilled as you! I love Cardinals. I see one now & again here, but saw them often at my previous home because I fed them. There are too many squirrels that would eat the birdseed here, and too many of my neighbors allow their cats to roam. Cats are natural predators & I can’t bear to offer them easy prey. 
I’m sure you will get the opportunity to get some shots since you are patient.

BHW43G.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

My good thing today is that I got an email from Google asking if they can purchase two photos for editorial use for $150 each.  They are not photos on Alamy.  They are of a local artists I photographed a handful of years ago, for a magazine.  I didn't know this artist was known outside of this area.  She is an African American artist who was commissioned to paint a portrait of President Lincoln to hang in the lobby of the Ford's Theater (where Lincoln was assassinated). She is a descendant of freed slaves.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

ATTN:

CONGRATULATION YOU HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH THE SUM OF ($500.000.00 USD) 
GRANT FUNDS FROM INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND ( IMF) EMPOWERMENT FUNDS 
PROGRAM.

CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT YOUR PAYMENT.( xxxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com)

BEST REGARDS
JENIA GREBENNIKOV
PAYMENT DEPARTMENT BNP PARIBAS
HELLO BANK PARIS FRANCE 

4 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

ATTN:

PROGRAM.

BEST REGARDS
JENIA GREBENNIKOV
HELLO BANK PARIS FRANCE 

Have you contacted them yet?😁

Allan

8 hours ago, geogphotos said:

ATTN:

PROGRAM.

BEST REGARDS
JENIA GREBENNIKOV
HELLO BANK PARIS FRANCE 

Yup thats legit.  Certain. 

8 hours ago, geogphotos said:

ATTN:

PROGRAM.

BEST REGARDS
JENIA GREBENNIKOV
HELLO BANK PARIS FRANCE 

I imagine they sent this out to 100,000+ possibilities and will get some bites from people who also think that some high ranking US military officer in Afghanistan needs $$$ to buy his early release and to pay for food and the trip home since his bank account has been unaccountable frozen, but he loves her deeply.

https://www.imf.org/external/scams.htm

Cardinals fledged during a storm yesterday. One was still in the tree for a while being fed. I hope all are out there somewhere and will go down with my camera. I may have some decent shots I took from my window.

Paulette

16 hours ago, Rebecca Ore said:

I imagine they sent this out to 100,000+ possibilities and will get some bites from people who also think that some high ranking US military officer in Afghanistan needs $$$ to buy his early release and to pay for food and the trip home since his bank account has been unaccountable frozen, but he loves her deeply.

https://www.imf.org/external/scams.htm

What a disappointment! 

• Alamy locked this topic