Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Print run: up to 100,000
Insert: 2
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 02 September 2013
End: 02 September 2014

$ 905.03  !! 

I looked the calender; it's not April the 1.

I pinched myself; am not sleeping / dreaming.

A refund to expect and resold for $9.5 :(

I hope I'll have to say thank you Alamy.

For the new contributors ..... this are the sales that you can expect every day when you have 3000 images online :). Arterra..... you can shake hands with Bill Clinton :).

Euh, I did't get that sale. Ladikirn did ^_^

All I got this morning were a few distributor sales from Brazil (hip hip hooray, I wonder if they'll pay :huh: )

Cheers,

Philippe

Alamy have stopped suppying the distributor that has not paid and they have several more in Brazil so should be ok.

Andy

Thank you folk. 

The sad thing is that the biggest slice of the cake goes to, and stays with the distributor. But anyway...

More of this and likes would make me less grumpy when Alamy comes with new ideas how to squeeze more pennies out of photographer's blood, sweat and tears.

I did not have Brazilians for a some time... but they used to pay.

I wish more of "Russian Surprise" for all and from wherever they come. 

Felt really glad for you when I saw a sale for over $900 - inspirational I thought as I keyworded last nights batch - then you drop the "Distributor" brick and I see 70% of your hard earned sale going to the middlemen - that really is just not fair !

A distributor sale I had in Brazil in August has just cleared. I still have the old June 2012 one that I expect will never clear.

Paulette

Hi Paulette

I also have a Brazil June 2012 outstanding. Alamy has informed me that they no longer supply this agency and are chasing payment.

Andy

Loosing -70% really sucks :( especially - when at first sight - it looked like a great sale.

But then again, if it weren't for that distributor, you had nada, zilch, zero. I learned to live with the saying "many a little makes a mickle" (hope that's correct English, had to look that one up) -_-

Cheers,

Philippe

Many a mickle makes a muckle.

Allan

Makes mine look a bit sad, dropped in this morning -

Usage: Editorial

Media: Magazine - Print only

Print run: up to 10,000

Placement: Inside

Image Size: 1/4 page

Start: 17 August 2013

End: 17 November 2013

$31.09

Same here, minus 70% !!!!!!!

A distributor sale I had in Brazil in August has just cleared. I still have the old June 2012 one that I expect will never clear.

Paulette

Hi Paulette

I also have a Brazil June 2012 outstanding. Alamy has informed me that they no longer supply this agency and are chasing payment.

Andy

Thanks, Andy. Nice to think they are still on the case.

Paulette

Felt really glad for you when I saw a sale for over $900 - inspirational I thought as I keyworded last nights batch - then you drop the "Distributor" brick and I see 70% of your hard earned sale going to the middlemen - that really is just not fair !

Я согласен

Am I correct that Alamy's practice of disclosing who-gets-what-part-of-commission-for-each-sale isn't typical of image agencies, who perhaps feel that such financial ignorance is bliss for contributor?

(not a rhetorical question)

I have zero sales so far this month. Alamy bring back novel use.

Craig

Hopefully they won't. I had a Russian Fed distributor sale (definitely not $905) pop up yesterday, along with a couple of other low ones to Brazil. But these have been offset this month by a flurry of decent non-distributor sales of $80 to $180. So, I guess life really is like a box of chocolates, especially these days. October is not over yet. Good luck.

Loosing -70% really sucks :( especially - when at first sight - it looked like a great sale.

But then again, if it weren't for that distributor, you had nada, zilch, zero. I learned to live with the saying "many a little makes a mickle" (hope that's correct English, had to look that one up) -_-

Cheers,

Philippe

Many a mickle makes a muckle.

Allan

"Mickle", "muckle" ........... is that Scottish? :huh:

Cheers,

Philippe

I do believe they are.

Allan

Archived