Stranger in a Strange Land

On 23/04/2020 at 16:13, Thyrsis said:

Saw T Rex at the London Lyceum, must have been early 1969. Still got a couple of their albums on vinyl!

Saw T Rex at Liverpool Uni students union in the late 60s, quite enjoyed it but confess most of my listening was done at the Philharmonic Hall. Vividly remember seeing a youthful  Kyung Wha Chung give an outstanding performance, but can't recall of what!   

Thanks, Mark. And thank you, Steve, on the other thread.  

I now belong to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I don't like any of them. 

Oh, my collection as of today shows 7773 images. I'll put up 4 more and have 7777. That has to be good luck.

Edited by Ed Rooney

6 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Thanks, Mark. And thank you, Steve, on the other thread.  

I now belong to Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I don't like any of them. 

Hi Edo like your blog, especially your self interview. It is a good way of telling a story.

I don't bother with social websites like Instagram and Twitter (I am not a bird) either. Joined Facebook only to be able to join PSP group.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Just reading this page, something jumped out at me and I feel a little like a primary school kid! 😁

All the current contributors to this page:

Bryan, Ed Rooney, spacecadet, Allan Bell

(everyone else, make yourselves comfy) - they're All Part of the forum furniture :)

I kind of feel like I've ruined the page now! 😂

2 hours ago, losdemas said:

(everyone else, make yourselves comfy) - they're All Part of the forum furniture :)

Ladies can make themselves comfortable on my lap any time.😃

Gentlemen can find somewhere else.

Allan

2 hours ago, losdemas said:

Just reading this page, something jumped out at me and I feel a little like a primary school kid! 😁

All the current contributors to this page:

Bryan, Ed Rooney, spacecadet, Allan Bell

I kind of feel like I've ruined the page now! 😂

Pleased to have some good company, someone pointed it out when it appeared to be just me, for reasons I never fathomed.

Welcome.

19 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Reading the blog, then clicking on the blue number, smashing!  A new Sunday ritual!

Stay safe kids!

A great time to get images with no pesky folks around. Ed, I hope you clean up. You are fortunate in that way if in no other.

Alas I have no legitimate reason to go into central London.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

I'm proud on this day to be here among my new UK friends and neighbours as they, we, remember VE Day. It was our finest hour. Let's hope we can muster the courage to win another victory and defeat this pandemic. 

Edo

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Love the new avatar, Edo. You look very wise and friendly. Your spellcheck has done something to your sentiment however. I think you mean "finest" hour.

Paulette

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Love the new avatar, Edo. You look very wise and friendly. Your spellcheck has done something to your sentiment however. I think you mean "finest" hour.

Paulette

Yes, of course, Paulette. Why Gmail wants to choose my words is a mystery. 

4 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

I'm proud on this day to be here among my new UK friends and neighbours as they, we, remember VE Day. It was our finest hour. Let's hope we can muster the courage to win another victory and defeat this pandemic. 

Edo

Have you seen Spike Lee's short tribute film to NYC?

I was going to compliment you on your new avatar but Paulette beat me to it. Great portrait!! And great blog I always enjoy reading of course.

Gen

I can handle two compliments, Gen. 

That new snap was taken by my old friend Annette from Dublin. I managed to remove the large bottle of wine that was sitting on the table between us.

Edo

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Remove the bottle or the contents?🍸🤩

Teehee. Before we left, it was indeed a dead soldier. Annette is a sommelier and the wine was French (?) in that Italian bistro. But she's not a photographer. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

For Erica in Rome:

https://edostrange.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=APq4FmBCyAjhyeaERWoKCkhvcu7aKxjl7D1yH9h16QqMhbAglfH5jf1hqEWbB-Zbu_ncyenHEWd4GKPasfQ7lN_iolARkbxiLG0dEk_-3wt-Zml4NFVFNObK0-HpSI87xg0_N3MH1t0l&postId=3117064371696284336&type=POST

Oh oh, there's something wrong here. Blogspot has "improved" their interface. Another tech problem I want no part of. Before today, I was able to post the finished blog. Now I only have the preview. Why and what that means, I have no idea.

Edited by Ed Rooney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

For Erica in Rome:

https://edostrange.blogspot.com/b/post-preview?token=APq4FmBCyAjhyeaERWoKCkhvcu7aKxjl7D1yH9h16QqMhbAglfH5jf1hqEWbB-Zbu_ncyenHEWd4GKPasfQ7lN_iolARkbxiLG0dEk_-3wt-Zml4NFVFNObK0-HpSI87xg0_N3MH1t0l&postId=3117064371696284336&type=POST

Oh oh, there's something wrong here. Blogspot has "improved" their interface. Another tech problem I want no part of. Before today, I was able to post the finished blog. Now I only have the preview. Why and what that means, I have no idea.

From reading your story I don't think the horse riding venture lasted too long. Or did it?

Allan

There seem to be an endless supply of people who think kids should experience horse riding. Why, we don't all have a crack at lion taming?. Our neighbour put a carthorse in his back garden and we all were sat on his very broad back for a few minutes. He was from Alberta and just felt the need for a horse. He only had 1/2 an acre although there was a little bit of field behind where he could tether it. I can't remember anyone taking it for a ride and there was no shelter for the winter so that venture didn't last long. At least he didn't roll on anyone. Any pony rides in Liverpool?

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

For Erica in Rome:

I love the story. You write so well. I had a few broken bones horseriding. I was even amnesic for a day or so when I fell on my head on a holiday ride. It was a strange feeling waking up in an unknown white room. I figured it was a hospital but why was I here? Oh what's this photo of me on a horse by the bed? At the back of it, my husband had written in bullet points a summary of what had happened. At the end of the list, it said 'if you don't remember, go back to the top'... Cool guy...

Last time I was  on horseback was 1992 in Spain. (We were lucky enough to go to the Olympics)

There’s a short video of me failing to get off the horse, my legs just couldn’t reach the ground.....it cracks Ian and the kids up every time they watch it!! No idea why! 😂