Images sold in June 2019 (one per day)

Usage: Commercial electronic, Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Website, app and social media
Image Size: Any size
Start: 19 June 2019
End: 19 June 2024

oprah-winfrey-auction-CMKJKN.jpg

On 17/06/2019 at 01:08, VbFolly said:

My first calendar sale of the year. Low to mid $$. The totem pole at Virginia Water in Surrey taken during autumn.

autumn-colours-and-landscape-with-the-totem-pole-at-virginia-water-lake-part-of-windsor-great-park-royal-park-crown-estate-in-surrey-uk-PYFJEF.jpg

That looks like a Haida totem pole from British Columbia. I wonder how it found its way to Surrey.

UPDATE: I thought that pole looked familiar. There are two of them, both carved in 1958. That one was a gift to the queen. Its sister pole is in Vancouver not far from where I live. The Vancouver pole was falling apart, and it is currently being restored. There's an interesting story behind the Windsor Park totem pole.

1 hour ago, Marina V said:

Hello, I will be very glad if you share with me my debut. My first photo was bought and you can see it here:

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=3486B5C2-6E74-4A27-B36D-1B20A984E0F4

Thank you very much for your attention!

Congratulations!

The first sale is always exciting. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Your portfolio makes me hungry.. time for lunch. 

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

That looks like a Haida totem pole from British Columbia. I wonder how it found its way to Surrey.

UPDATE: I thought that pole looked familiar. There are two of them, both carved in 1958. That one was a gift to the queen. Its sister pole is in Vancouver not far from where I live. The Vancouver pole was falling apart, and it is currently being restored. There's an interesting story behind the Windsor Park totem pole.

I knew about the totem pole being a gift to the Queen from the people of Canada, but had not heard the story about the curse - very interesting. Looks like I should add the keyword Haida too - thanks John.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Поздравляем!

Первая продажа всегда захватывающая. Я уверен, что еще будет много.

Твое портфолио заставляет меня голодать ... время на обед. 

Thank you very much!

49 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

I knew about the totem pole being a gift to the Queen from the people of Canada, but had not heard the story about the curse - very interesting. Looks like I should add the keyword Haida too - thanks John.

It's apparently a Kwakiutl or Kwakwakaʼwakw pole rather than Haida, so probably best to put those two terms in the keywords.

Here's some info about the current refurbishment of the Vancouver version (called the Centennial Totem Pole).

I took this picture of the Centennial pole a number of years ago before the hat came tumbling down.

bald-eagle-perched-on-top-of-a-first-nat

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

It's apparently a Kwakiutl or Kwakwakaʼwakw pole rather than Haida, so probably best to put those two terms in the keywords.

Here's some info about the current refurbishment of the Vancouver version (called the Centennial Totem Pole).

I took this picture of the Centennial pole a number of years ago before the hat came tumbling down.

bald-eagle-perched-on-top-of-a-first-nat

OK, I'll add those keywords instead! What a great perch for an eagle - lovely photo.

6 hours ago, VbFolly said:

OK, I'll add those keywords instead! What a great perch for an eagle - lovely photo.

Thanks. The eagle was very cooperative. If you don't have the tags "first nation" and "first nations", they would be worth adding as well.

Usage: Editorial newspaper any editorial digital use, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Low $$

MYWETP.jpg

Two sales today of butterflies, both behavioural shots. One was a brimstone butterfly laying eggs, and this one is a purple emperor collecting minerals from droppings! Both mid $$, marketing package, digital only, UK.

stunning-purple-emperor-butterfly-apatura-iris-collecting-minerals-from-droppings-on-a-woodland-track-in-oaken-wood-chiddingfold-forest-surrey-uk-MXF8B1.jpg

Dr Francis Collins,  head of the National Institutes of Health for the U.S.  

For mid $$:

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 21 June 2019
Duration: In perpetuity

drfrancis-collins-former-director-of-the-human-genome-project-now-BJ9GTK.jpg

RF $$$ very old image scanned from film when I did my collection maintenance. This is not an image you would create if you fall into the high numbers game, as it took the better part of a day for the return trip to the summit.

at-the-summit-of-mount-carleton-in-mount

On 21/06/2019 at 05:01, gvallee said:

It's always good to sell wildlife.

Book to the US for high $$

EJ6KAT.jpg

Wow, that really does look like a little Batman. I had no idea how human their bodies looked, at least on my little phone screen. Great shot.

On 20/06/2019 at 08:41, Marina V said:

Hello, I will be very glad if you share with me my debut. My first photo was bought and you can see it here:

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=3486B5C2-6E74-4A27-B36D-1B20A984E0F4

Thank you very much for your attention!

Bravo Marina, 1st sale is just like 1st love: very special 😀

Your photo made me hungry. Must go get something to eat now!

This one just came in this morning - a presentation licence.

The picture is of the Valentia Island tetrapod tracks - the brown marks coming in at from the bottom left. These tracks used to hold the record for the earliest known four-footed animals walking the land at around 375 million years ago but apparently a discovery in Poland has put the date back another 20 million years.

Fossil footprint from an ancient tetrapod (four-legged animal), in Devonian sediments on Valentia Island, County Stock Photo

Sankthans, Midsummer Eve, St. John's Eve bonfire. A Sunday sale on the actual day. Nivaa, Denmark.  $$

Parties and bonfires everywhere tonight in the light northern summer nights . Probably in a decent summer weather this year. Thor and Odin will be there.

nivaa-harbour-north-of-copenhagen-denmar

1 hour ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Why is there 3-in-one oil in a lab? 😁

Good question, I was wondering the same thing...did not notice it until looking at the photo.  Maybe to make the DNA look a little more interesting.  😀.   Actually I think with all the equipment they have in the lab, some may need some lube from time to time.

Archived