Hi everyone

As many of you have noticed, we are currently experiencing some issues with the forum. We've investigated this with our platform providers and some work is currently being done to fix the platform. We're expecting to finish the work next week, but some inaccuracies are likely to occur until then.

Many thanks

Alamy

On 2/16/2019 at 11:21, Doc said:

Thanks Alamy - does that apply to Measures also?

Kumar

Hi Kumar

Yes, Measures are being worked on too. We're just waiting for our IT team to confirm what the time frame is. 

Thanks

Alamy

Hi Alex,

Do you mean the online users function here at the forum? That has been a known issue for a while, and will hopefully be fixed as part of the undergoing work that is currently being carried out. Just to clarify, the issues with measures and the forum are not connected. Our forum is provided by a third party and separate to the Alamy platform. Just unlucky timing that both platforms needed updates at the same time!

Thanks

Alamy

22 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Alex,

Do you mean the online users function here at the forum? That has been a known issue for a while, and will hopefully be fixed as part of the undergoing work that is currently being carried out. Just to clarify, the issues with measures and the forum are not connected. Our forum is provided by a third party and separate to the Alamy platform. Just unlucky timing that both platforms needed updates at the same time!

Thanks

Alamy

And here was I thinking it had been discontinued due to new privacy policies.

Allan

On 18/02/2019 at 09:13, Alamy said:

Hi Kumar

Yes, Measures are being worked on too. We're just waiting for our IT team to confirm what the time frame is. 

Thanks

Alamy

Given it is now more than two weeks since this significant problem with Measures started, and now some days since you last posted about this, is it possible for you to tell us something about what the issue is and an estimate of when we may expect it to be fixed please?   

1 hour ago, Sally said:

Given it is now more than two weeks since this significant problem with Measures started, and now some days since you last posted about this, is it possible for you to tell us something about what the issue is and an estimate of when we may expect it to be fixed please?   

It will also help to stop the email waterfall that alamy content team was announcing on twitter

14 hours ago, Sally said:

Hi Sally 

A fix was released for measures this morning and the tool should now be working as normal. The forum is still being worked on, but it is our priority to get this fixed too so please bear with us.

Thanks

Alamy

Forum update:

Hello everyone, 

Some work was required for the platform to function with the latest update. This work is nearly ready and we're planning on running the update in the early hours of next week. The update should not take more than 30 minutes, but you may not be able to sign in during this time. Once it's done, you'll also notice a few changes:

1. Your image count will disappear, but the link to your collection will still be there. We tried keeping this feature, but we're afraid this is down to the forum providers and changes they've made to the platform.

2. There might be a few changes to the general design of the forum, but we're aiming to keep things as similar as possible.

3. You can expect to see new categories added after the update has been completed.

This is a good opportunity to improve the platform in general and we hope that by adding more specific categories it will be easier for you all to navigate the forum. 

Thanks,

Alamy

Its is a real shame that the image count disappears. It gives very good info about colleagues experience in Alamy.

I believe it can't be so difficult for the forum provider to implement that custom software development, as clearly they did in the past.

Thank you for the info update!

11 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Sally 

A fix was released for measures this morning and the tool should now be working as normal. The forum is still being worked on, but it is our priority to get this fixed too so please bear with us.

Thanks

Alamy

Great, thanks!

On 2/22/2019 at 11:00, Alamy said:

Forum update:

Hello everyone, 

Some work was required for the platform to function with the latest update. This work is nearly ready and we're planning on running the update in the early hours of next week. The update should not take more than 30 minutes, but you may not be able to sign in during this time. Once it's done, you'll also notice a few changes:

1. Your image count will disappear, but the link to your collection will still be there. We tried keeping this feature, but we're afraid this is down to the forum providers and changes they've made to the platform.

2. There might be a few changes to the general design of the forum, but we're aiming to keep things as similar as possible.

3. You can expect to see new categories added after the update has been completed.

This is a good opportunity to improve the platform in general and we hope that by adding more specific categories it will be easier for you all to navigate the forum. 

Thanks,

Alamy

OK I have to call Wednesday evening as well past the "early hours of next week"  and I for one am not seeing any of these changes - so can we presume it has not yet been done, and any chance of information on when it will be done?

2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

OK I have to call Wednesday evening as well past the "early hours of next week"  and I for one am not seeing any of these changes - so can we presume it has not yet been done, and any chance of information on when it will be done?

It's classic Alamy.  I was told I'd receive payment at the end of January for 2 sales reported on 28th March 2018. Have I received payment?  I think you know the answer... :angry:

On 2/22/2019 at 12:00, Alamy said:

Thanks,

Alamy

Which are the benefits of this new upgrade? Removing image count? OMG :(

1 hour ago, Martin P Wilson said:

Forum is still all over the place. A thread I posted on has lost several hours of posts.

I am trying to find out if there is a thread for voting on Februaries entries - there is a post saying entries closed pleased vote but I cannot see a vote thread - and the post about entries being closed did not appear until I posted asking about it!?!?!?***

6 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

I am trying to find out if there is a thread for voting on Februaries entries - there is a post saying entries closed pleased vote but I cannot see a vote thread - and the post about entries being closed did not appear until I posted asking about it!?!?!?***

Yes, I found the same.

Try this:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/11186-time-to-vote-on-what-is-love-challenge-feb-2019/

wim

Hi everyone

All work has been completed and the forum has finally updated. The image count is still showing, but will unfortunately not update from now on. We will replace it with a link called "my portfolio". Otherwise the platform should be working as normal, but please let us know if you spot anything strange. 

All the best

Alamy

• Alamy unpinned this topic

Archived