On 5/30/2018 at 13:42, MandyD said:

I will settle for a puddle.

got my puddle! :rolleyes:

18 minutes ago, MandyD said:

got my puddle! :rolleyes:

I'm reduced to hoping for a slightly damp pavement. Is there an incantation which will appease the great divine entity, Alamy search engine development?

17 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I'm reduced to hoping for a slightly damp pavement. Is there an incantation which will appease the great divine entity, Alamy search engine development?

I am considering this my building base year, so not expecting much in the way of sales, but so far I have 3....I have upload targets, but that's it....225 in and approved already this week...I need a life or something.

2 hours ago, MandyD said:

I am considering this my building base year, so not expecting much in the way of sales, but so far I have 3....I have upload targets, but that's it....225 in and approved already this week...I need a life or something.

"Build it and they will come [eventually]."

I'd say that three is pretty good. It's rough these days.

The good news is that there are now loads more opportunities for licensing images than there used to be.

Edited by John Mitchell

6 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

"Build it and they will come [eventually]."

I'd say that three is pretty good. It's rough these days.

The good news is that there are now loads more opportunities for licensing images than there used to be.

lol yes...that is the plan. I think of this as an investment...work now, money later. I have dabbled in some microstock before but found I hated shooting it, this suits me better. I still have tons of photos in my archives that will work here, so just a matter of getting them up.

After a reasonable May, June is dead. Very disappointing considering I uploaded a fair mount of high profile entertainment news feed items, of which just one has sold very cheaply.

I wouldn't be calling an entire month "dead" on the 7th.

The 30th, maybe.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I wouldn't be calling an entire month "dead" on the 7th.

The 30th, maybe.

I should have added that the second half of May was dead.

On 07/06/2018 at 09:46, Marb said:

After a reasonable May, June is dead. Very disappointing considering I uploaded a fair mount of high profile entertainment news feed items, of which just one has sold very cheaply.

I seem to recall one of the most prolific live news photographers on alamy advising you to move on to the next article, did you heed his advise.

16 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I seem to recall one of the most prolific live news photographers on alamy advising you to move on to the next article, did you heed his advise.

Yes and covered some more events/celebs that haven’t sold. It all just goes into a huge black hole here. 

22 minutes ago, Marb said:

Yes and covered some more events/celebs that haven’t sold. It all just goes into a huge black hole here. 

Ok, I see live news images from the 9th April and then again on the 15th May and 19th May. (3)

In comparison I have uploaded 48 live news events since the 8th April

I don't expect to sell any of them, but I have now been selling on average over 1 a week since October 2017 (When I started taking advise from the old timers)

My stock collection sales have improved as well, whereas I was getting none I now average 2 a month (in line with 1000 images /1 sale), this is an area that needs much improvement from me but with the advise given freely on this forum I am getting there.

Good luck

11 minutes ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

with the advise given freely on this forum I am getting there.

Good luck

Advice given and taken.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

Well, after a couple of very good months, the fairground-style of Alamy sales (swings and roundabouts) bites back.  Halfway through the month and only one sale and (currently) my worst CTR ever! Seriously, if it gets any lower, it'll be underground!  Sales (or lack therof) is a little worrying.  Time to get my *** into gear and start uploading again! :o

Underperforming month and underperforming year. Moan over, hopefully that will have cleared the blockage 😉

• Like 1

June isn't a disappointing month for number of sales so far, but I'm seeing low (and really low) prices across the board. 

Abysmal. Zilch. Demotivated.

Edited by Marb

No sales for me since 30th April, I'm not happy! Talk about demotivating...

21 hours ago, losdemas said:

Time to get my *** into gear and start uploading again!

Nine (9) in The Sun yesterday and 2 today, get out there :D

Careful this isn't turning into a boasting thread.

Edited by Marb

2 hours ago, Marb said:

Careful this isn't turning into a boasting thread.

I'll leave you to carry on moaning then :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

I'll leave you to carry on moaning then :rolleyes:

I have every reason to moan on account of it being an abysmal month.

Edited by Marb

No sales in June,,, and my CTR is very low, too.

Very disappointing month.

Maybe I start doing Yoga to get relaxed.

Clicks are down, sales are non existent but uploads have increased. I just give up with this place. Utterly demotivating indeed Colblimp.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Marb said:

Clicks are down, sales are non existent but uploads have increased. I just give up with this place. Utterly demotivating indeed Colblimp.

I'm not giving up, Ian, I've too much time invested into Alamy for that, but something has to change soon.  We're not the only ones in this situation, so keep your chin up and keep uploading!

So far this month, nada

I usually average about 1 per month here, so there's still time left. Not worried about it

It's a beautiful morning outside, deer in the backyard (yes I shot it).:D

Cheers everyone

Rick

Edited by Rico