Oversaturation on new screen

I just connected a new Benq 2700PT computer screen to my latop which I've been using to edit my pictures for 3 years. I realize that many of my pics on Alamy seem oversaturated on this new screen (I adjusted it as well as I could, without a calibrating device).

If any of you could take a minute to look at a few of my pictures, I would appreciate to obtain feedback (mainly to know if some images are oversaturated to the point that I could lose sales).

Thanks

4 hours ago, pierre rochon said:

I just connected a new Benq 2700PT computer screen to my latop which I've been using to edit my pictures for 3 years. I realize that many of my pics on Alamy seem oversaturated on this new screen (I adjusted it as well as I could, without a calibrating device).

If any of you could take a minute to look at a few of my pictures, I would appreciate to obtain feedback (mainly to know if some images are oversaturated to the point that I could lose sales).

Thanks

Could it be that you now have a wide gamut type screen? And that you do not have a color managed browser? It's a well known combination especially producing over-saturated blown out reds.

There is a problem in correcting it: clients may use the same combination.

However the right thing to do is to check your browser. And if it isn't properly color managed, to do so.

Here's an old but still valid site.

Specifically on wide gamut monitor on the same site here.

wim

I would check your monitor menu settings and graphics card settings (before calibrating). My laptop has an excellent IPS screen, but it took me ages to realise why the reds were all blown out - the graphics software was on a default "vivid" setting, buried down in advanced settings somewhere. Monitors also seem to have extra saturation on some settings. Some of the reds, oranges and blues on your photos are more punchy than natural, but not excessively so.

Archived