5 hours ago, Michael_Jacobs said:

My pictures depict what is happening on the holiest day of the year, for Jews, in Tel Aviv. Isn't that news?

What, if I add "weather" In the description, it will become news?

I see you have the C word as well as the G word in some on your headlines. That's not likely to earn you any Brownie Points with the Live News Team.

Other than that, given your description, I would expect to see Jews in yarmulkes or more traditional orthodox attire observing their religion on a hot day, but that's not really what your photos show.

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-tel-aviv-yafo-israel-30th-september-2017-yom-kippur-rehov-dizengoff-162612799.html?pv=1&stamp=2&imageid=04AB195E-B1CF-4AFD-9DC0-64F70E67D56C&p=180847&n=0&orientation=0&pn=1&searchtype=12&IsFromSearch=1&srch=foo%3dbar%26st%3d12%26pn%3d1%26ps%3d100%26sortby%3d3%26resultview%3dsortbyRelevant%26npgs%3d0%26qt%3dKCT8F1%26qt_raw%3dKCT8F1%26lic%3d3%26mr%3d0%26pr%3d0%26ot%3d0%26creative%3d%26ag%3d0%26hc%3d0%26pc%3d%26blackwhite%3d%26cutout%3d%26tbar%3d0%26et%3d0x000000000000000000000%26vp%3d0%26loc%3d0%26imgt%3d0%26dtfr%3d%26dtto%3d%26size%3d0xFF%26archive%3d1%26groupid%3d%26pseudoid%3d%26a%3d%26cdid%3d%26cdsrt%3d%26name%3dMichael%20Jacobs%26qn%3d%26apalib%3d0%26apalic%3d%26lightbox%3d%26gname%3d%26gtype%3d%26xstx%3d0%26simid%3d%26saveQry%3d%26editorial%3d1%26nu%3d%26t%3d%26edoptin%3d%26customgeoip%3dUS%26cap%3d1%26cid%3dQZ6LRWR2ALBGF2UJHVRWVHEL96KD7AKSFZJJLNK945KAPZ8VBY42W8RV9W8VUPE2%26vd%3d0%26lb%3d%26fi%3d2%26edrf%3d0

1 hour ago, Brasilnut said:

True. In addition, I can also go back to this image anytime and clone out all the logos/trademarks and make it into a pure commercial generic airplane shot of an Airbus A320-200.

Is it that easy? Isn't the orange livery likely to make is so recognisably Easyjet that it couldn't actually be used in commercial materials promoting some other product or organisation?

Is it that easy? Isn't the orange livery likely to make is so recognisably Easyjet that it couldn't actually be used in commercial materials promoting some other product or organisation?

I can completely remove the orange :) 

37 minutes ago, Brasilnut said:

I can completely remove the orange :) 

Seems like a lot of work though. There are airlines which would give you an easier job - Lufthansa comes to mind. Just remove the titles and tail logo. Then there are all white chartered aircraft which are easier still (just remove the registration) but these are not so common.

Hi All 

Why do S ( the mobile site that dare not say its name)  live news images turn up on Alamy

Am I missing something. Are some contributors are using the live news feed to populate their portfolio missing out on QC etc

Jon 

1 hour ago, Jon Lewis said:

Hi All 

Why do S ( the mobile site that dare not say its name)  live news images turn up on Alamy

Am I missing something. Are some contributors are using the live news feed to populate their portfolio missing out on QC etc

Jon 

Why shouldn't they? S...o is run by Alamy. If it's legit news it's entitled to bypass QC, as conventionally submitted images are.

The images show up if you are searching here. Sometimes you can spot the style but the image reference numbers start with an S. Search for "cat drinking from faucet" and one of mine shows up. I see it as the 4th image. It is square and quite stylized.

Paulette

The five 'W's' and the 'H' are good to use in most news stories, and the 600 characters offer the possibility to be a little comprehensive and explain what is asked for by the posters above.

Who? - What? - Where? - When? - Why? - How? (Different events require different elaboration of the items).

Niels

Edited: just saw now - this is actually stated in the Alamy information about how to supply news images:

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-news-images/captions-headlines-dates-live-news-images/?section=3

12 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

The five 'W's' and the 'H' are good to use in most news stories, and the 600 characters offer the possibility to be a little comprehensive and explain what is asked for by the posters above.

Who? - What? - Where? - When? - Why? - How? (Different events require different elaboration of the items).

Niels

Edited: just saw now - this is actually stated in the Alamy information about how to supply news images:

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-news-images/captions-headlines-dates-live-news-images/?section=3

And it's in the email conversation which Michael had with Alamy and pasted on page 1 of this thread. :P:D 

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

And it's in the email conversation which Michael had with Alamy and pasted on page 1 of this thread. :P:D 

Okay, thanks. too late and rather stupid then. That comes from not reading all posts carefully enough ;-) - I first read it when I supplied news stories to the now closed down news site Dem.... .

Archived