Hi all

Just logged in and something strange happened, as I hit sign in a picture appeared and prompted me to select all squares with a vehicle in that done another appeared telling me to do the same. I was unable to log in without these requests being completed.

What's it all about?    

3 hours ago, NYCat said:

Alamy has said that there were some security concerns. It seems to be happening on weekends.

Paulette

When there is no one there to audit the forum posts/content.

Allan

It is particularly difficult on my iPhone as the pictures are so small and not always that clear.  A right pain when all I want to do is check my sales.

Pearl

It every time for me and it is becoming b....y boring. I frequently have to do more than one screen, including the times when I take extra care.

Maybe there is a very good security reason for it but please, please, pretty, please Alamy can you ask the forum providers very nicely to get rid of this traumatic log in rubbish.

I just had the same happen to me for the 1st time when trying to login to My Alamy using my iPhone. A set of pictures appeared and had to click on the ones containing signs, (not easy on a small screen). After clicking a few, I click "verify" and it appears to take me straight back to the original login screen. At which point I assume I must have got the answers wrong, so I click login again (as my login details are already filled in automatically by Safari) and go through the whole process again, and again, and again.... I appeared to be "stuck in an endless loop"

Then the penny dropped.... I was getting the answer right, but the picture selection test screen is actually a screen filling "pop-up" (and not a new webpage), which clears to reveal the original the login page again (and not a new one). All I needed to do was wait a while for the original login to proceed, and my Alamy homepage appear, (which can take quite a while on a slow iPhone and depending on internet and Alamy server response times). It probably wouldn't have fooled me on my Mac (the picture test is more clearly a smaller pop-up over a much larger login page), but on my small iPhone I was convinced I'd failed the test, over and over again.

Maybe this will help others who thought they were stuck "stuck in the endless loop"?

On 6/10/2017 at 09:29, Liam Bunce said:

Hi all

Just logged in and something strange happened, as I hit sign in a picture appeared and prompted me to select all squares with a vehicle in that done another appeared telling me to do the same. I was unable to log in without these requests being completed.

What's it all about?    

I wonder if all the problems we are experiencing with signing in are affecting the buyers also. That would be a worry. We have no choice, they have. They can go off elsewhere!

Archived