Image numbers in new layout

Hi everyone

I'm a more than a little confused by the bewildering amount of numbers that are flying about the new ALAMY IMAGE MANAGER format, on the top of the image selection (central) area and with all filters cleared it says 4,523 images and with all on sale selected it says 3,636 and when I select not on sale it says 0, however on the top of the MY SUBMISSIONS (LHS) bar it says 4,254 images. Can they all be correct?

Thanks Tim

It's a record of everything you've presented to Alamy including QC failures and subsequent deletions that you may have made.

My number is off by about 200 images.  I have 47 images that failed.  I never deleted any images.   Not sure why there is such a big discrepancy.

Did you ever delete any while processing in MI? I had double uploads where I had to delete a submission.

Your total is really total submitted, including those that may never have made it to the image library.

Jill

It's a record of everything you've presented to Alamy including QC failures and subsequent deletions that you may have made.

My number is off by about 200 images.  I have 47 images that failed.  I never deleted any images.   Not sure why there is such a big discrepancy.

Did you ever delete any while processing in MI? I had double uploads where I had to delete a submission.

Your total is really total submitted, including those that may never have made it to the image library.

Jill

No, I never deleted anything

Simples, in AIM click on Quality control (at top) in drop down click "Passed" and the number of images becomes the number you have on sale.

Allan

Edited to add: Deduct the passed number (centre column) from the total images number in the left column and you have a total giving failed and deleted images.

Deleted may be both your and Alamy deletions.

Yes there are different numbers.

Yes not everybody understands all of those.

Why would that matter?

wim

For one thing, it certainly doesn't give one a sense of confidence that the AIM tool is a robust, or polished product.

My numbers for Passed images is 9894.  Passed and Failed is 9992.  All photos (all I have) is 9959.  All on Sale is 9890.

The correct number is 10,967.  So that means I will not be able to edit  1000 of my images because they don't show up in AIM.

Why is that not a problem?

edit: I see my image number to the left is 10,968.  I was going by my dashboard number.  This may be due to a (months ago) deletion of one image.

Yes there are different numbers.

Yes not everybody understands all of those.

Why would that matter?

wim

For one thing, it certainly doesn't give one a sense of confidence that the AIM tool is a robust, or polished product.

My numbers for Passed images is 9894.  Passed and Failed is 9992.  All photos (all I have) is 9959.  All on Sale is 9890.

The correct number is 10,967.  So that means I will not be able to edit  1000 of my images because they don't show up in AIM.

Why is that not a problem?

edit: I see my image number to the left is 10,968.  I was going by my dashboard number.  This may be due to a (months ago) deletion of one image.

I agree that is a serious problem. Is it just the number or are those images really unreachable via the new AIM?

About the robustness etc of the product, that's just an opinion of course (which I happen to share).

wim

Agreed, Wim.  Assuming only one of those numbers can be right, it means all the others are wrong.  Hard to characterize that as robust in any framework.

As far as checking to see which number is correct, and which images are missing from AIM - if I could charge my time to someone else I would do it.  But what's the point?

Since I don't have the tools to edit images properly (I need to be able to delete duplicates easily) and the disincentive for lower image "rank" by editing, at present I need to leave my images untouched anyway.

Archived