Why is payment delayed over and over?

As a new contributor, I was pleased that I finally reached my first cleared balance above $50 late last week and on my Dashboard, I could see a statement, "We'll pay you on 02 Jan 2017" next to the cleared balance amount. Well, 2 January came and went, and no payment was made. Then I noticed the statement was changed to "We'll pay you on 03 Jan 2017" on my Dashboard. Still, no payment yet.  Just a few minutes ago, I noticed that statement was updated to : "We'll pay you on 01 Feb 2017."

Since this is my first time receiving payment from Alamy, I wonder if this sort of thing happens to other contributors as well? Does Alamy frequently delay paying its contributors? I'm pretty sure I've got my payment method (Paypal) set up properly. So why is this happening?

Paypal payments generally arrive around 8-10 working days into the month. That 1st February (or whatever the next month maybe ) message will soon disappear - it seems to crop up from time to time, but I've always received my payment in to my Paypal account by mid month.

Are people working on a Sunday in your neck of the woods? On January 1st?

Usually it's 4 or 5 days. 9 or 10 if you're using Paypal. The bank is American. And it's not like the European system where we send money, and it's in the receiving account the next second or so. Well it is like that over here.

The jittery dates occur when the first day of the month is either a weekend or a holiday. It's probably when the databases roll over. Which is probably at daytime in India, which is where part of the back office is.

wim

edit: typo

From my experience the payment date always

rolls over to the next "business day"  Mine went

from 1/1 to 1/2 to 1/3.  I guess it is a computer

thing.  I did get a PDF of the payment order today

1/3 and since I do a direct transfer I will have the

money in my U.S. back within 48 hours.  I do not

use PayPal for Alamy payment.

Chuck

I just received email, yesterday, that Alamy has paid me. It says to allow up to 9 working days but I expect it will here by Friday or next Monday via ACH Deposit.

Nothing to get upset about.

This question is asked every month when someone is due to be paid for the first time. Maybe people new to Alamy should just read back over previous posts.

fD

OP, the 2nd. was a public holiday here.

Anyway you say "late" last week- how late? I've once had a payment carry over because it cleared around the last day of the month which was a Saturday.

The answer to your question is no, btw. Alamy never delays paying its contributors.

Same thing happened to me, showed a payment due on 2 Jan then 3 Jan then 1 Feb.   On checking I see that the cleared payment that took me above the $50 happened on 2 Jan so my cleared total for the end of December was under $50 and just a bit of a glitch in the system showing the wrong payment date if you go over the $50 after the end of the month but before the payments are triggered.  To check on this click on "Build a downloadable sales report" on your dashboard change the 'to date' to something in the future and click on date cleared and then the GO button.  This will give a list showing date cleared in the first column.

Mid Dec I saw Current Cleared Balance: $XXX We'll pay you on 01 Jan 2017. The 01 Jan the move it to the 02 and now to the 01 Feb.

I do not know why.

If you were actually over $50 in mid-December the payment date should bounce back today.

Payments were made yesterday. Just click on "View your account balance" on the Dashboard and you will see the payment (as a negative number) on your account and any remaining (unpaid/uncleared) balance carried forward.

WHat's this about a PDF? Never had a PDF.

Apologies - it's a htm attachment, not a pdf - arrives as a self billing invoice by e-mail.

Mine arrived yesterday for licences cleared in December.

I only get a direct deposit, after my bank converts US$ Alamy deposit to CDN$, into a CDN$ business account. It appears shortly after the first of the month. Nothing else such as emails etc.

How do you manage that? Canadian banks only allow wire transfers, not direct deposit, for international transactions. At least that is what my banks have told me.

I used to do wire transfer but didn't like the US $15 fee, so I switched to PayPal.

FYI You all.

Just received notice that Payment in full is in my U.S. bank less than 48 hours since

I received email notice of the payment from Alamy.  I do use PayPal for

other business, but in my opinion and from my own experience Direct Deposit

to the bank is the most efficient way to receive payment from Alamy.  I have

also found that it varies from U.S. Bank to bank,  when I was using a major

U.S. Bank years ago it was slower than the current bank that I receive payment

through.  Also the bank that I have been using does not charge any fees.

John, it all depends on how you phrase it.  It took me several tries to get my current

U.S. Bank setup so that there were no fees and it was just my choice of words when

setting it up?

FYI You all.

Just received notice that Payment in full is in my U.S. bank less than 48 hours since

I received email notice of the payment from Alamy. 

I just checked and my Alamy payment has also arrived in my Chase checking account.

fD

Archived