Why is payment delayed over and over?

How come you get advance notice? I don't (Nationwide).

I have a business account, which has charges. The bank tells me when future payments are due to me. Part of the service I suppose.

Also, the bank probably has the money already. They just like to play with it over the weekend before letting me have it.

Payment arrived in my bank account today, the 6th; says "ACH", no fee. Got the email on January 3 saying I've been paid and including a nice little "Remittance Advice" document that I use for filing income tax.

John, it all depends on how you phrase it. It took me several tries to get my current

U.S. Bank setup so that there were no fees and it was just my choice of words when

setting it up?

It's not just a matter of fees. In Canada, banks cannot accept direct deposits in other currencies (e.g. US funds), only wire transfers. At least that is what my bank has told me.

P.S. I suppose that this is an attempt to prevent money laundering and other nefarious activities (Nigeria comes to mind).

Archived