How was your October 2016?

3 sales, best $50, $94 slightly above average monthly earnings (since I had $0 in September that killed my average). Down from this time last year. Added new work but also deleted a lot from my portfolio. This could be the first year since I started here that my income goes down or remains flat. 

Interestingly, the two RF sales are limited to 5 years. And they include UK magazine use so that will be good for DACS. 

Another payment from Pixsy for USD 212.50 (my share) for an infringement of a small image used by a small publisher has beaten my Alamy income for October.

Bearing in mind my current "issue", mind telling us which country?

USA, not France I'm afraid.

Another payment from Pixsy for USD 212.50 (my share) for an infringement of a small image used by a small publisher has beaten my Alamy income for October.

Hi Mick When you use Pixys do you first run the image by Alamy to see if they have sold it . I'm interested to know how long you give the image on Alamy to show up as sold. I have an image I'm chasing with Alamy that I had a screen shot of but Alamy then told me the link didn't work anymore so they couldn't chase it . It first got reported May 2015 and somehow got lost.

Hi Mick When you use Pixys do you first run the image by Alamy to see if they have sold it . I'm interested to know how long you give the image on Alamy to show up as sold. I have an image I'm chasing with Alamy that I had a screen shot of but Alamy then told me the link didn't work anymore so they couldn't chase it . It first got reported May 2015 and somehow got lost.
I haven't chased any via Pixsy which have been licences by Alamy (I check with them) and if they are on Alamy but not licenced I remove them before chasing them.

Most of my infringements were lifted from Flickr.

I always get screenshots first in case they remove the images.

I haven't chased any via Pixsy which have been licences by Alamy (I check with them) and if they are on Alamy but not licenced I remove them before chasing them.

You can use wayback machine if you didn't have time to take screenshots.

Hi gvallee I had a screenshot, but they said because the link to the page wasn't live anymore they couldn't chase them (so much for saving a screenshot I thought that was the whole point of taking it) As it happens after they told me the link didn't work I found them one that did. So hopefully they will chase them down now.

Hi gvallee I had a screenshot, but they said because the link to the page wasn't live anymore they couldn't chase them (so much for saving a screenshot I thought that was the whole point of taking it) As it happens after they told me the link didn't work I found them one that did. So hopefully they will chase them down now.

How strange. Wayback would show them the website as it was at a certain date. Surely, that's proof of infringement.

Good luck anyway!

Gen

6 sales, $76 net.

Most strange: this one as a personal use!!!

http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid={BF22B6B1-0D29-4A58-8C76-CDA0AA23A87D}

And the suspicious personal use was refunded today!

Not that unusual I'm afraid, there was a thread on these lines about a month ago...

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/6438-personal-use-then-refunded/

Unfortunately, people occasionally find the Alamy photos on the net when looking to buy a product. They then go on to buy the photo thinking they're getting the item.

This ultimately sparked yet another thread ... enjoy ...

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/6445-accidental-personal-use-what-could-someone-think-theyd-bought-from-you/

:)

Tony

Archived