Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/4 page
Start: 06 July 2016
End: 06 July 2021

$7 sale ?

For a 1/4 page photograph ? up to 50,000 print run !

yes that has to be the most depressing sale I ever had! Nice to hear there are decent prices elsewhere, I have them still on other agencies. It really does make you wonder what is going on here :(

In more recent times there has been many topics of complaint from forum members and now this one,  "NO NOT A MISTAKE" it is how it is, of course i / we are asking Alamy to start dealing with clients in a way that is fairer to the contributor and stop offering nothing more than silly prices for our work, ( in some instances).

Alamy would more than likely agree as they would also benefit more!   however it is all the agencies "image suppliers"  that are driving the payment for images to the bottom,  therefore if Alamy was to insist on reasonable fees to satisfy us contributors Alamy would start to lose it's market meaning less sales and in time Alamy could fall by the wayside like so many agencies of old who worked with higher prices, and there have been some famous names that have gone because they did the right thing.

As much as we don't like how it is and rightfully so we cannot change the way this industry has gone, we are in a over supplied industry with to many distributors that are forced to stack em high and sell at a low fee to stay competitive and stay in the game.

We all pay the price,  even Alamy.

As a footnote;  Alamy has yet to sell my images for less than i have received elsewhere.

Paul

Was just a bit surprised to see this for a magazine print sale.

Editorial i understand. That's fairly normal.

Ah well. Onwards.  :)

Decent sales are still to be made.

I had one a couple of days ago for $170 for use on TV in the UK, this was after a month of "low price" sales.

.......Incidently, the shot was made over 30 years ago, in the pre digital days! :)

I have been getting some steady sales so usually very happy the way things are growing.

But well done on the $170 sale !

• 4 months later...

Seriously? $1.41 gross?? I'm speechless, I don't even know where to start...

EA9CRP

29 November 2016

Rights Managed

Media: Editorial website

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Image Size: Any size

Start: 29 November 2016

End: 29 November 2021

Novel use, India Rights $ 1.41

EA9CRP

29 November 2016

Rights Managed

I have had a few of these over the last few months - novel use for an editorial website, a very non-novel use - these are the very reason I will be withdrawing from the novel use scheme when it is possible in April.

I think there will be always low value sales BUT also high value sales. Between the lower value sales i regular get the 150 dollar sales :). So we should look brighter ...

And the best thing is that it where the most simple photos. Recently a sign of a Subway Restaurant for 150 USD and a sidewalk with weeds close up also for 150 USD. 

EA9CRP

29 November 2016

Rights Managed

I just got the exact same locence yesterday on an image

Same terms, same country $1.41

Bleech!

Those sales really put a damper on things

Anyway to be honoust i dont mind to make sales to India for such prices. The standards are different there. I can not find imagine them to pay 100 dollars for an image just like for example in Germany. Maybe i am wrong ....  :mellow:

Mirco

I opted out of novel use in 2013.

Having had a lot more zooms than usual I hope it wasn't India initiating those zooms because they will not get them for pennies. But it will knock my expectations of more sales this month back.

Allan

To the folks complaining those ridiculously low prices, there are something YOU can do to reduce, not completely avoid, those from happening. Opt out Novel Use, opt out UK Newspaper scheme. Those are two consistent low-ballers. You get a few $ for a slap on the face, a kick on the groin. If you want to go further, you can even opt out distributor sales. Now that is a mixed bag. You may get $1.41 from India. But I also got two $500+ sale from France this year. Alamy is a business. They want to get every $ they can get. It doesn't matter they come in $100s licenses or penny licenses.

Are you sure we are all aware of the Novel and Newspaper scheme paying lousy price? If we all do, how come people still complain low prices while it is clearly marked NOVEL in the license detail.

To the folks complaining those ridiculously low prices, there are something YOU can do to reduce, not completely avoid, those from happening. Opt out Novel Use, opt out UK Newspaper scheme. Those are two consistent low-ballers. You get a few $ for a slap on the face, a kick on the groin. If you want to go further, you can even opt out distributor sales. Now that is a mixed bag. You may get $1.41 from India. But I also got two $500+ sale from France this year. Alamy is a business. They want to get every $ they can get. It doesn't matter they come in $100s licenses or penny licenses.

I opted out of the UK newspaper scheme but left novel use active because I didn't want to needlessly limit options for Alamy.  I don't consider $1.41 to be a reasonable option and since it's for website use the image is out there and more easily infringed. Another sub $1 net sale and I'll opt out of novel use.

I'm in America too, Lynn. I've opted out of Novel Use. That's where those insultingly low prices are. I'm still opted in for the UK newspaper scheme, but that's mostly irrelative for me, because I don't shoot or submit News. Other than major stories, are the UK newspapers interested in USA news? I don't think so. 

A $1.41 sale is disgusting and Alamy should not let images be used for such a low amount of money.  Everybody's work on here is worth much, much more that .  Luckily, I've never had a sale as low as that, and I hope I never do.  Actually, how do I opt out of 'novel use' sales?  Anyone?

A $1.41 sale is disgusting and Alamy should not let images be used for such a low amount of money.  Everybody's work on here is worth much, much more that .  Luckily, I've never had a sale as low as that, and I hope I never do.  Actually, how do I opt out of 'novel use' sales?  Anyone?

on your seller page under additional revenue options, click on novel use - but you can only opt out in April of each year

on your seller page under additional revenue options, click on novel use - but you can only opt out in April of each year

Thanks very much for that, but I can only opt out every April? That truly is retarded.

Archived