Surely this is a mistake ?

Was just a bit surprised to see this for a magazine print sale.

Editorial i understand. That's fairly normal.

Ah well. Onwards. :)

A magazine print sale is an editorial usage.

Thankyou Gary.

A $1.41 sale is disgusting and Alamy should not let images be used for such a low amount of money.  Everybody's work on here is worth much, much more that .  Luckily, I've never had a sale as low as that, and I hope I never do.  Actually, how do I opt out of 'novel use' sales?  Anyone?

on your seller page under additional revenue options, click on novel use - but you can only opt out in April of each year

Thanks very much for that, but I can only opt out every April? That truly is retarded.

totally agree there. I am only still in it because I thought it had been phased out so nothing to worry about. I remember a statement being made by Alamy to this effect some years back - see this thread on the microstock group with a quote from James West. After that I had no NU sales for some years then it started up again a few months back, always the very non-novel editorial use to India.

Are there any examples of NU sales with reasonable fees? What percentage of the NU sales bring in these extremely low fees?

I just checked back on my NU sales - most were historically 1.00, I would say 95% of them. My highest was 7.63, but only 1 at that rate, then 1 at 6.66, everything else under $2. Before this latest batch to India my last NU sale was May 2014.

Archived