Your crazy sales ....

MircoV

Hello people,

What where you most crazy sales in 2014...... i am not talking about chickens or other services like mentioned in the Alamy blog (http://www.alamy.com/blog/2014/08/10-weirdest-things-ever-bought-alamy). I am talking about real images :).

Did you had a sale where you tought why somebody would buy it??? 

Mirco

I hope nobody will upload the "human poo" subject and reports to us that he made a sale from it of 10.000 dollars. 

Contributors will get inspired and you can imagine what will happen with the Alamy portfolio after that ........

Many years ago I sold a picture of an outhouse in a snowstorm.  I was the only crazy guy out there photographing outhouses in a snowstorm.  They used it to show that the good old days were not that good heading to the outhouse in winter. :lol:  

Coincidentally news came through of a license for a shot of a, mercifully empty, toilet bowl today.
BARG29.jpg

On the subject of loos and wintertime, when we bought our first house ( a restoration project) it had an outside toilet and no bathroom. I can recall crossing the yard to use the facilities in all weathers, and having to use the public baths (most towns had them then) to get a good wash. 

Coincidentally news came through of a license for a shot of a, mercifully empty, toilet bowl today.

BARG29.jpg

On the subject of loos and wintertime, when we bought our first house ( a restoration project) it had an outside toilet and no bathroom. I can recall crossing the yard to use the facilities in all weathers, and having to use the public baths (most towns had them then) to get a good wash. 

You have to wonder which political party is going to use that in their campaign... I presume that it can be verified as being British?

I seriously try NOT to upload any image that I would ever think "why would somebody buy it" . . .

And apropos of the second subject that sprang up in this thread, one of my top three multiple sellers at that G place is of a toilet type traditionally used in a particular part of the world . . . sans poo I might add, but a toilet all the same. The image has more than recompensed the travel expenses I incurred obtaining it.

dd

BARG29.jpg

Had it been in black and white I would have asked if you shot it on Pan X film.

Alan

I was trying to link to an image but can't do it! Tried search but no help, anyway, unfortunately still on the subject of poo! I sold an image of the lid to an old septic tank, one I had seriousy considered deleting. Not now! Text book sale if I remember correctly. So now, I do not delete anything, because one man's poo is anothers treasure :)

I was trying to link to an image but can't do it! Tried search but no help, anyway,

Right click on the Alamy image, select Copy image URL, paste into space provided by TV screen looking thingy above your message.

Not exactly what I sold, but ....... the strangest requests I had were "blue whales mating underwater (where else? :rolleyes: ) " and "human poo floating in a lavatory bowl" (both for a children's magazine)

I didn't have pictures of the first subject (who has? :huh: ) and I didn't want to take a shot of the second subject :angry:

Cheers,

Philippe

Images like these fly in the face of my overall label for what I do: romantic realism. (Basically, that means I pick up the cigarette butts and candy wrappers in PP.) And besides, watching whales . . . or African elephants being affectionate might give a lot of us inferiority complexes. 

:wub:

BARG29.jpg

Had it been in black and white I would have asked if you shot it on Pan X film.

Alan

. . . or whether it was taken on one of those old Kodak-Eastman box camera thingies . . . can't quite put my finger on its name . . . ;)

dd

I went to Croatia for a week a few years ago. The weather was c**p for the first few days so in desperation I resorted to photographing the very smart public WC.  The last couple of days were spent rushing around making the most of the fine weather for outdoor photos which I was quite pleased with. We joked about the toilet probably being the only one that would sell and guess what?  Not 2014 though so a bit off topic - sorry.  

public-disabled-toilet-inside-clean-tile

Archived