Let's have a party

I found out I'm up for parole 11-13. I'm inviting all who are in "The Bin" with me to a "Bring a Dish" casual dinner. We'll dine on good quality paper platters, which I'll supply, along with southern fried chicken and my apple dumplings swimming in cinnamon sauce.

It's up to you all to supply sides, bread and drinks or a variety of desserts.

List your dish here. Friends of the inmates admitted with food or drink.

We can always use more chicken, fried, baked, or roasted. Mashed potatoes, potato salad and such, so if one doesn't like something, there will be variety.

Another main, anyone? Beef? Pork?

Betty

Thanks for the invite. Just visiting on this occasion, but will inspect accommodation as suspect my time will come.

As for grub, pease pudding and stotty, suitable for veggies - if not necessarily to their taste..

Well i did a visit over the weekend as a batch that normally passes Saturday AM, did not pass until Monday night!.

I will go for porridge in the microwave cooked with the correct exposure and definition. Too long in there and it could be over manipulated. Stirred so there's no lumps, noticeable retouching or dust spots, and then some treacle on top, but not too much or it could be over sharpened. 

On the other hand if i only eat the same porridge everyday it could be an excessive similar.

Regards

Craig

I have just been released and would be pleased to make it a double celebration Betty.

Shall I bring large helpings of my famous Spaghetti Bolognese?

Allan

I was just about to add my vegan burritos with courgette, peanut and cheatin' chorizo to the party as I was two days overdue and feared the worst, but just before pressing Post I checked the progress and they've just gone through in the last few minutes. So I'll eat the burrito on my own in the executive lounge.

Alan

Well, I can cook, I want you all to understand that. But I checked with the guards and they said no to almost all my basic kitchen tools. No to my 10" razor-sharp cooks knife with the weighted handle, no to my collection of serrated steak knives, no to the almost harmless tiny bit of C4 (it makes a dandy instant mixer), no no no to everything I need. :ph34r:

Anyway, I'm not really in a party mood; they're not letting me out of here until the end of November. :(  

Oh, man, I'm gonna get to try some new foods!  Half the stuff you all have listed I've never heard of before. :) 

Edo, get in the mood, food with friends is always a good thing.  You can bask in the remembrance until your time is up.  Also hide a few leftovers for enjoyment.

There is an industrial sized kitchen here, so anyone wanting to cook on site should find room to produce hot food.  You'll find me folding my dough over apple slices. I'll fry the chicken while the dumplings bake.

I've decided to also fix mashed potatoes with cream gravy made with the drippings and bits from the chicken skillet. A must go along with fried chicken.   Any of you Brits who haven't had that combo are in for a treat. Throw cholesterol concerns out the window for one day.  Try to have all your food ready by 7 p.m. today. Which time zone?  Of course, Alamy time zone.  :)

I was just about to add my vegan burritos with courgette, peanut and cheatin' chorizo to the party as I was two days overdue and feared the worst, but just before pressing Post I checked the progress and they've just gone through in the last few minutes. So I'll eat the burrito on my own in the executive lounge.

Alan

Those sound pretty good. I make veggie tacos using seasoned crumbled tofu instead of ground beef. You can top them with either real cheddar or soy cheese and of course guacamole. Muy rico, as they say in México.

Come to think of it, I should take a photo of them next time I indulge, just in case...

I'll bring crepes and pancakes so they can slip under the "bin" door, for those still in the bin!

You may have stumbled upon a new genre of "slim" cuisine, Michael. Perhaps it's time to produce the "Sin Bin Cookbook" (fully illustrated of course). Could become a bestseller as it would be easy to promote here on the forum.

Archived