Let's have a party

No jailhouse rock. Look toward the front and you'll see Garth Brooks and his band setting up. He came out of retirement recently and jumped at the chance for this gig. Maybe I can get him to play "Boot Scootin' Boogie". Not his recording, but I'll bet he can do a good job with it. I'll teach you all how to do the two-step.

I'm wearing western boots and tight fittin' jeans. Serving up chicken.

Come and get it!

No jailhouse rock. Look toward the front and you'll see Garth Brooks and his band setting up. He came out of retirement recently and jumped at the chance for this gig. Maybe I can get him to play "Boot Scootin' Boogie". Not his recording, but I'll bet he can do a good job with it. I'll teach you all how to do the two-step.

I'm wearing western boots and tight fittin' jeans. Serving up chicken.

Come and get it!

Betty, you paint an enticing picture. If I wasn't so far away I'd put on my wranglers and be round for some boot stompin' fun. :)

And in just the same way, I always think of photographing the stages of a DIY job as soon as I've finished the job.

Alan

...and flat-pack furniture

That's easy! I've moved home so many times I've become an expert at un-making flat-pack furniture.

Alan

I want to thank everyone who attended last evening.  It was a lot of fun.  But who in the heck brought the Jose Cuervo tequila to tempt me?  I have a monster headache this morning, and it was difficult to make my upload a few minutes ago.  Doing the Texas Two-Step was a blast, and I was surprised how many of you picked it up.

You all are lots of fun, and I love how people jump in for a bit of humor to break the monotony of slaving away at what we do. I did a monster upload (34) for me, considering my usual is from 5-12 images at a time.  Who knows, I might have to have an entrance (again) party, and keep Edo company.

:D  ;)  Thanks again!

But who in the heck brought the Jose Cuervo tequila to tempt me?

Damn! That was my Cuervo Gold! I must have left it behind inadvertently when I turned around at the door after just avoiding the sin bin at the 11th hour.

Alan

Many thanks for suggesting the party Betty. Loved your apple dumplings swimming in cinnamon sauce. :D 

Great to meet up with y'all agin. :) 

Allan

But who in the heck brought the Jose Cuervo tequila to tempt me?

Damn! That was my Cuervo Gold! I must have left it behind inadvertently when I turned around at the door after just avoiding the sin bin at the 11th hour.

Alan

It really hit the spot, Alan. A squirt of lime, sprinkle of salt on the back of my hand, a quick lick and a shot made the boot Scootin' boogie even more fun. :)

So glad my two-step classes paid off! (I really did take classes in the early 90's). Your chicken was fab! Great idea for the party!

Michael, you impressed with your fancy steps. You were taking me forward, then in a flash, you took me backward!

Many thanks for suggesting the party Betty. Loved your apple dumplings swimming in cinnamon sauce. :D 

Great to meet up with y'all agin. :) 

Allan

Glad you liked it, Allen. Dipped in buttermilk, then dredged in flour. Deep fried. Mmmmm. Did you see the fight over the last apple dumpling? Garth Brooks had to break it up, then he walked off with the dumpling. :)

So glad my two-step classes paid off! (I really did take classes in the early 90's). Your chicken was fab! Great idea for the party!

Michael, you impressed with your fancy steps. You were taking me forward, then in a flash, you took me backward!

Quick Quick, S l o w S l o w Quick Quick, S l o w S l o w

Archived