What is the number for the most times you have sold an image?

Not a stock photograph but one of my early B&W landscapes has sold - in original selenium toned gelatin print form - over 50 times through various galleries worldwide over the years. Difficult to total the sales in £££'s as the price has increased considerably over the years but I have all the documentation and buyers information filed. In the 80's they were selling through a gallery for £350 or so, now, they are very considerably more. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow 55 sales from one shot is great

One of my best sellers is a very simple pack shot its sold 17 times shot with natural light on a old canon 6mp camera. Very similar shots from the same sequence have also sold 14 and 8 times

From the shoot of about 20 frames Ive sold them 57 times (and more sales elsewhere)

Ive photographed it again countless times but for some reason they still sell.

Earlier in this thread I said 13 times for $993.   Now it is 14 times for $1067.  That is about 5% of my total sales.  Some time back we had a post from David Kilpatrick listing 30 good things to have in a stock photo, this best seller does include a good few of them.

Earlier in this thread I said 13 times for $993.   Now it is 14 times for $1067.  That is about 5% of my total sales.  Some time back we had a post from David Kilpatrick listing 30 good things to have in a stock photo, this best seller does include a good few of them.

Some good rules of thumb there for traditional magazine photography.

Or try this:

http://www.silberstudios.tv/videos/stock-photography-tips-from-john-lund-how-to-take-great-stock-photos/

63 total. 46 times through Alamy, the rest direct licensing to various clients. I've lost track of how much revenue the image has brought in over the years but it is a nice chunk of change, especially considering the cost for the shoot was roughly $0.05, heavy duty card-stock used as a background.

Highest number for one image is a modest 7 sales for $540 gross, but best performer for income is 4 sales for $1070 gross. The sad thing is that I get a bit depressed when I see particular images selling multiple times - my ego would far prefer my entire portfolio being appreciated!

Highest number for one image is a modest 7 sales for $540 gross, but best performer for income is 4 sales for $1070 gross. The sad thing is that I get a bit depressed when I see particular images selling multiple times - my ego would far prefer my entire portfolio being appreciated!

Oh to be equally depressed!!  :)

Amazing figures from some folk. For me, my best effort is 34 licenses of the 6 year old identical Thai twin girls that lived next door. Sadly now moved on.

Zero production costs involved and to date (all libraries ) $8,700 net.

As others have readily pointed out, it's sometimes right on your doorstep.

Another one 40x for $60,000 total.

Shot that circa 1980,still selling and infringers still stealing!

I have hundreds of  images than have sold more than 40x. I starting shooting in 1978 though so factor that in.

L

• 1 year later...

Through Alamy: 13 sales for $1407 gross (plus one sale and refund at $217 :( ) It was my first sale through Alamy in June 2002 (I am a few days away from marking 14 years with Alamy)

It may also have been sold a couple of times directly, for another #100ish I would guess

Archived