Sales picking up?

I have just had my fourth sale this month pop up today, and we are not half way through.

Just as I was loosing faith in ALAMY, stock photography and life in general, .....sob sob, this came as a boost to my moral, as well as a small boost to my dwindling funds!

That said, I shall probably have no more sales this month!

Has anyone else noticed that sales are increasing?

:)

This month is better than last month, with three so far, two of them being RM sales comanding good prices. :)  But it is my personal experience,  that monthly sales totals can vairy quite a bit!

I had thought this month was being slow until 3 sales popped up this morning. But I wouldn't say it is because sales are picking up, just the usual way things go - there are always quiet times and busier times, at least for me there are.

Yes, I had a rare Saturday sale for ITV use this past weekend.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: up to 2 transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 11 May 2013
End: 11 May 2018

In my experience sales are lower in April May picking up in June.

Maybe due to end of tax year?  

Kathy 

Kathy de Witt/Alamy:  http://tinyurl.com/btjds2o  

• 2 weeks later...

...and a three-figure sale reported on a bank holiday Monday morning! That's a first (for me).

Phil - Was it one of these?

Media: Textbook - print and e-book

Print run: Unlimited

Placement: Inside

Image Size: 2 page spread

Start: 01 January 2014

End: 01 January 2039

All terms and rights granted as per the Alamy Preferred Vendor Agreement dated 26th January 2010 prevail. Flat rate per image, license period 20 years.

$180

I had one also today, my second of these  this month which hopefully demonstrates that the $180 textbook sales which seemed to have disappeared a few months ago are back... :) 

Kumar Sriskandan

...and a three-figure sale reported on a bank holiday Monday morning! That's a first (for me).

Phil - Was it one of these?

Media: Textbook - print and e-book

Print run: Unlimited

Placement: Inside

Image Size: 2 page spread

Start: 01 January 2014

End: 01 January 2039

All terms and rights granted as per the Alamy Preferred Vendor Agreement dated 26th January 2010 prevail. Flat rate per image, license period 20 years.

$180

I had one also today, my second of these  this month which hopefully demonstrates that the $180 textbook sales which seemed to have disappeared a few months ago are back... :) 

Kumar Sriskandan

It did look very much like that - word for word, in fact.

Great  sales  guys.  I  was  approved  12/4/12.  Have  76  pics  online  (very  small  i  know)  Have  some  pend  with  others  ready  to  go.  Maybe  one  day  a  sale  will  come  along --  but  i  still  have  a  ways  to  go.

My first sale was of my 200th., but it didn't come until I had uploaded more like 500, I didn't have another until I had 750, and it was a relicense of the first, so keep at it.

I'll let others comment on your pix except to say you need variety.

7 so far this month, 26 this year so far.   Last year 74 total.  

I am interested to hear that many have sales reported early in the month.   This candoes happen for me now and again, but normally they all turn up in the last week or ten days of the month.

Of my total 206 sales so far, 93 or 45%  have been reported in the last week or so of the month.   This month first sale on the  23rd, five on 24th and one on 29th...

Does anyone else have this pattern?

I've had several sales this month. Unfortunately all but one are the $29 HuffPost special. The remainder wasn't for much more and was a distributer sale and so netted less than the HP sales.

No sales at all for me in May...Did have two nice ones in the beginning of this year, and will try to get that back. So, working quite hard now in adding pictures.

May was very disappointing for me. Down from 4-7 monthly sales which I'd been managing for a while now right down to 2, and one of these was $6.05 gross: "Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article."

Archived