Standard and Enhanced licences

I only see these as of February 2024.

Here are two examples, not sure how amendable/flexible they are. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Standard License designed for unlimited web use across social media, websites, online advertising. Print runs are limited to 100,000. Editorial and user restrictions apply. ;  Start: 12-February-2024 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;

Additional Details: Standard License for 1 user only. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, and print runs up to 100,000. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage.

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Enhanced License for up to five users, covers Standard License usage with no print run restrictions with merchandise resale included. Editorial restrictions apply. ;  Start: 15-February-2024 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;

Additional Details: Enhanced License for up to 5 users. Allowed usage: across websites, social media, short-form video on video sharing sites, digital publishing, digital marketing, merchandise resale, and unlimited print runs. Restrictions stated prior to or at time of purchase may limit the scope of permissible usage.

Any thoughts or insights?

Edited by geogphotos

The first one I have is 6 Feb '24

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Standard License designed for unlimited web use across social media, websites, online advertising. Print runs are limited to 100,000. Editorial and user restrictions apply. ;  Start: 06-February-2024 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; 

Additional Details: Standardlizenz für nur 1 Benutzer. Erlaubte Verwendung: über Websites, soziale Medien, Kurzvideos auf Video-Plattformen, digitale Veröffentlichungen, digitales Marketing und Druckauflagen bis zu 100.000 Exemplaren. Einschränkungen, die vor oder zum Zeitpunkt des Kaufs angegeben sind, können den Umfang der zulässigen Verwendung begrenzen.

Edited by geogphotos

36 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

No right to a refund seems a positive.

But also looks much like microstock pricing for very broad rights.

Does 'merchandise' include postcards, calendars, posters etc?

The faqs are the bottom gives T-shirts and mugs as examples so I would imagine yes to postcards, posters etc. 

Can anybody buy one of these licences - I don't see the option when I view an image - or do you need to sign up for the deal?

Superficially these prices appear to undercut microstock competitors ( though presumably they also allow Commercial Use).

It all seems to get more and more complicated the more supposedly simplified it becomes.🫣

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

Enhanced license.   Not that it makes much difference these days but another blow for "Rights Managed".

Allan

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Enhanced license.   Not that it makes much difference these days but another blow for "Rights Managed".

Allan

Yes indeed Allan. Also regrettable that these changes simply arrive without any warning or explanation. But I suppose we are used to it by now and don't expect anything else.

Somebody higher up the chain has made a decision and that's that. I won't be losing sleep over it....

• Like 1

I thought that these types of licenses -- Standard and Enhanced -- were only used with RF images. They appear similar to ones at those "other places" that offer only RF images.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I thought that these types of licenses -- Standard and Enhanced -- were only used with RF images. They appear similar to ones at those "other places" that offer only RF images.

Yes, the only difference might be the editorial restriction but even these allow 'marketing' which to me is not much different from advertising. 

But if you were to ask ( not that I want to but did once ask) if you could offer your RM images elsewhere as RF on much the same licence terms Alamy will say that you can't because they are RM.

RM but sold as RF on Alamy and we have no say in the matter.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Yes, the only difference might be the editorial restriction but even these allow 'marketing' which to me is not much different from advertising. 

But if you were to ask ( not that I want to but did once ask) if you could offer your RM images elsewhere as RF on much the same licence terms Alamy will say that you can't because they are RM.

Just a thought.....

Over the last couple of months or so my RM sales have shown an increase in price. If a 'loophole' has been found to sell RM as RF and a subsequent reduction in sales price approaching microstock levels then apart from Contributors losing out surely the library will lose out too. I see this as shooting yourself in the foot all round! 

As you say, we have no say in the matter. 

Jim. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Yup, it don't make much sense. I see the occasional RF license on Alamy, and they tend to look just like the "hybrid" RM ones except that the file size in pixels is usually specified. Bigger file sizes don't seem to affect prices at all, which tend to be low whatever the size. Have yet to see any of the Standard or Enhanced licenses. I'm too dumb to understand the difference between advertising and marketing. 🙃

The microstock sites all charge more than this new enhanced license. And their enhanced licenses have limits including no merchandise. So now Alamy is officially microstock, with just two license choices? They changed everything this month with no notice to us or am I missing something? No more $$$ licenses? Everything between $5 and $61? I hope they aren't refunding people for the $$$ and high $$ licenses over the past few months. 

So we get between $2 and $24 per license at 40%.  Wow, the micros pay $15-30 for enhanced licenses with limits and if they grant other permissions often pay $$$ (my best was $375 on a $750 one-year exclusive). They are seriously undercutting the microstock libraries with these prices. 

I was so happy that prices seemed to be creeping upwards again but this month I got one full price standard license ($19) and one bargain basement one on February 13 ($2) which is less than the $5 minimum so we just get taken advantage of and again can't even rely on the terms set out on the website. So disappointed. 

Oh and the sales history link is broken now too. Can't see back past my last three sales that show up on the landing page in my account. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Marianne said:

Oh and the sales history link is broken now too. Can't see back past my last three sales that show up on the landing page in my account. 

I just tried and got all the back to August last year Only selected to that point 

There are so many of us that aren't getting any sales this year compared to last year 

• Thanks 1

On 18/02/2024 at 03:24, John Mitchell said:

My first Standard License showed up today -- high-ish $

My first 2 Standard License sales dropped in yesterday.  Both RM.

Apparently they're 2 of a 5 Image Pak based on their >50%/per image discount from the single image Standard price.

Prices already too low and a 50+% discount for licensing a whole 5 images?   Really??   Wish I could get that kind of discount when buying a sack of 5 apples at our local supermarket grocery.

Edited by Phil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil said:

My first 2 Standard License sales dropped in yesterday.  Both RM.

Apparently they're 2 of a 5 Image Pak based on their >50%/per image discount from the single image Standard price.

Prices already too low and a 50+% discount for licensing a whole 5 images?   Really??   Wish I could get that kind of discount when buying a sack of 5 apples at our local supermarket grocery.

When I buy a loaf of bread that is discounted, it is a decision made by the supermarket, and the supplier is not affected...

• Love 1
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

When I buy a loaf of bread that is discounted, it is a decision made by the supermarket, and the supplier is not affected...

A supermarket isn't an agent on commission.

We all like discounts when purchasing goods/services.  A discount is generally offered for paying cash, flawed/damaged goods, a courtesy i.e. veterans, seniors, etc., purchases in quantity, and others.    

Image Paks fall in the quantity discounts.  IMO 50% is an egregiously excessive discount for the low image quantities in Image Paks.   

Edited by Phil
Add
  • Like 3

On 18/02/2024 at 08:42, Marianne said:

The microstock sites all charge more than this new enhanced license. And their enhanced licenses have limits including no merchandise. So now Alamy is officially microstock, with just two license choices? They changed everything this month with no notice to us or am I missing something? No more $$$ licenses? Everything between $5 and $61? I hope they aren't refunding people for the $$$ and high $$ licenses over the past few months. 

So we get between $2 and $24 per license at 40%.  Wow, the micros pay $15-30 for enhanced licenses with limits and if they grant other permissions often pay $$$ (my best was $375 on a $750 one-year exclusive). They are seriously undercutting the microstock libraries with these prices. 

I was so happy that prices seemed to be creeping upwards again but this month I got one full price standard license ($19) and one bargain basement one on February 13 ($2) which is less than the $5 minimum so we just get taken advantage of and again can't even rely on the terms set out on the website. So disappointed. 

For contributors Alamy appears to be falling apart in many ways

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/02/2024 at 11:27, Alexander Hogg said:

I just tried and got all the back to August last year Only selected to that point 

There are so many of us that aren't getting any sales this year compared to last year 

Algorithm change or deals coming to an end at turn of year?

• Thanks 1

On 20/02/2024 at 08:06, sb photos said:

For contributors Alamy appears to be falling apart in many ways

It seems that Alamy wants to be all things to all customers by offering as many different licensing options as possible. I suppose this isn't a bad strategy these days, but things are starting to get a tad confusing for contributors. RM licensing is now in tatters. It's difficult to see it hanging around for much longer.

Edited by John Mitchell