SEPTEMBER 2023 favourite uploads

Allan Bell

15 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

liverpool-2RXPF3J.jpg

They keep repainting this sign. Hmm.

Different colors?

Would have looked really bright for the LGB Pride week.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Shot this yesterday while returning to my car, after a shoot.  This was in downtown Washington DC.  At first glance, I thought it was a reflection of a fountain but then I realized the water wasn't moving.  Anyway, just loved the patterns, would have been good for August's pattern images that Alamy was looking for.

reflections-of-clouds-and-buildings-on-t

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Different colors?

Would have looked really bright for the LGB Pride week.

Allan

2P6FYEA.jpg

This was the sign a year ago. They've repainted it 3 or 4 different times. In white, like the famous Hollywood sign, it stands out better.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

2P6FYEA.jpg

This was the sign a year ago. They've repainted it 3 or 4 different times. In white, like the famous Hollywood sign, it stands out better.

I would like to see the letters painted with individual colors.   (Note how I am using the USA way to spell colours)

Allan

6 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Colours...Coughs politely  🤔

I thought I would use "colours" in the note in case others did not understand the USA "colors".

Allan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

We are the red, white, and blue! (sound of marching band in the background)

Did not hear that. The sound was turned off on my computer.🤨

Allan

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

We are the red, white, and blue! (sound of marching band in the background)

You know where they got those colors from.

The French and the Dutch. Being revolutionary countries.

wim

Went to a civil war re-enactment at Basing House recently, photos to follow. Basingstoke (Basing House) was actually the scene of a major civil war siege. It was under siege twice and survived, so Cromwell got annoyed and marched himself to Basing House with about 6000 troops and a bunch of heavy guns. The siege was ended in short order and the parlimentarians razed the building to the ground. And they told the local people they could take away the bricks and stones if they could carry them (in the 17th century bricks were a luxury item - that's why so many grand British houses started being built with them). So now I know why so many houses in the area have old bricks in their walls!

Anyway, here's a barn from Basing House that survived:

The 16th Century Tudor Great Barn. Built from over a million bricks and tiles and survived the civil war largely intact. Old Basing, Basingstoke, UK

the-16th-century-tudor-great-barn-built-

Edited by Steve F
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Is that the infamous "pool of liver" in the foreground? 🤢

No no, the name of this city was not born in a pool or fountain. It comes from the game of pool and was changed in the '70s when Hurricane Higgens came through here on a tour. Before that, it was called Scouseville. I'm not sure how much of that is true. I've been having a lot of odd dreams recently. 

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

No no, the name of this city was not born in a pool or fountain. It comes from the game of pool and was changed in the '70s when Hurricane Higgens came through here on a tour. Before that, it was called Scouseville. I'm not sure how much of that is true. I've been having a lot of odd dreams recently. 

🤣

Allan

Few of the latest upload.

Cooking dinner the medieval way at the jousting event, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City

cooking-dinner-the-medieval-way-at-the-j

Elderly wood spoon carver in medieval costume concentrating on carving spoon handle at jousting event, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City

elderly-wood-spoon-carver-in-medieval-co

Lady in red dress on horseback taking part as the queen at the jousting event, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City

lady-in-red-dress-on-horseback-taking-pa

Water bowl for thirsty animals

water-bowl-for-thirsty-animals-2RXXCTP.j

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Few of the latest upload.

Cooking dinner the medieval way at the jousting event, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City

cooking-dinner-the-medieval-way-at-the-j

Elderly wood spoon carver in medieval costume concentrating on carving spoon handle at jousting event, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City

elderly-wood-spoon-carver-in-medieval-co

Lady in red dress on horseback taking part as the queen at the jousting event, Lincoln castle, Lincoln City

lady-in-red-dress-on-horseback-taking-pa

Water bowl for thirsty animals

water-bowl-for-thirsty-animals-2RXXCTP.j

Allan

Very funny. Your first picture, this is how we cook in the Bush in Oz. The cooking pots are called camp ovens. We bake delicious damper in them plus everything else. We went to a camp oven festival once. Amazing what the Bush cooks cook in them. 

2JND4T8.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Very funny. Your first picture, this is how we cook in the Bush in Oz. The cooking pots are called camp ovens. We bake delicious damper in them plus everything else. We went to a camp oven festival once. Amazing what the Bush cooks cook in them. 

2JND4T8.jpg

Thanks for that Gen. Have added "camp ovens" to my keywords.  Don't think it will make much difference though, but you never know.

Allan

• Love 1

My meal..reading a book on my Kindle Paperwhite while preparing to eat a BLT.

2RXPMM4.jpg

Ornamental Onion

2RXPMKY.jpg

2RXPMM6.jpg

Funny thing about this last one. I was standing in a neighboring parking lot & shooting the car wash. A female attendant saw me & I’m assuming reported me to her supervisor. Just as I was getting back into my car, shoot finished, he came walking out of the building headed my way.

I thought for a minute about standing my ground & telling him what my rights were, then decided not to respond to a confrontational man & just drove away.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

My meal..reading a book on my Kindle Paperwhite while preparing to eat a BLT.

2RXPMM4.jpg

Ornamental Onion

2RXPMKY.jpg

2RXPMM6.jpg

Funny thing about this last one. I was standing in a neighboring parking lot & shooting the car wash. A female attendant saw me & I’m assuming reported me to her supervisor. Just as I was getting back into my car, shoot finished, he came walking out of the building headed my way.

I thought for a minute about standing my ground & telling him what my rights were, then decided not to respond to a confrontational man & just drove away.

They probably thought you working for the competitor as a corporate spy! Ha.