SEPTEMBER 2023 favourite uploads

Allan Bell

Gentleman dressed in military uniform at Lincoln Steampunk weekend 2023,

gentleman-dressed-in-military-uniform-at

Lady morals enforcer in leather, Castle Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, 

lady-morals-enforcer-in-leather-castle-h

Steampunk goods on display outside antiques shop, The Strait, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, 

steampunk-goods-on-display-outside-antiq

Highly decorated helmet at Lincoln Steampunk weekend 2023, Castle Hill, Lincoln City,

highly-decorated-helmet-at-lincoln-steam

Allan

• Love 2
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Lady morals enforcer in leather, Castle Hill, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, 

Steampunk goods on display outside antiques shop, The Strait, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, 

Highly decorated helmet at Lincoln Steampunk weekend 2023, Castle Hill, Lincoln City,

Allan

Very good Allan.

11 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Great images Allan!

11 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Yes, good stuff!

11 hours ago, Steve F said:

Great images Allan!

22 hours ago, gvallee said:

Very good Allan.

Thank you Gen, Ed and Steve.

Allan

some more.

Children on galloper carousel moving at speed, The Lawn, Lincoln City, 

children-on-galloper-carousel-moving-at-

Older couple entering into the spirit of the Steampunk weekend 2023, Top of Steep Hill, Lincoln City,

older-couple-entering-into-the-spirit-of

Queen of Hearts with the Mad Hatter at Lincoln steampunk weekend 2023, Bailgate, Lincoln City

queen-of-hearts-with-the-mad-hatter-at-l

Plague Doctor and companion at Lincoln Steampunk Weekend 2023, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire

plague-doctor-and-companion-at-lincoln-s

Allan

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

some more.

Older couple entering into the spirit of the Steampunk weekend 2023, Top of Steep Hill, Lincoln City,

Queen of Hearts with the Mad Hatter at Lincoln steampunk weekend 2023, Bailgate, Lincoln City

Plague Doctor and companion at Lincoln Steampunk Weekend 2023, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire

Allan

!  (Ages finding the star!!!!)

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

!  (Ages finding the star!!!!)

If I get it right I think you are giving it five stars.  Thank you.

Allan (and only a  tog).

I had to find it three separate times.  Did you do it five separate times?

ITMA

19 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

some more.

Allan

Alan, sometime back I did try to book an economical Lincoln City Airbnb for the steampunk event but all was booked. Obviously left it too late.

4 hours ago, sb photos said:

Alan, sometime back I did try to book an economical Lincoln City Airbnb for the steampunk event but all was booked. Obviously left it too late.

Sorry to hear that. If you had mentioned it I could have offered you a bed in my spare bedroom.

Allan

ARRGH!

Black and grey towers Lincoln Cathedral, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire,

black-and-grey-towers-lincoln-cathedral-

Chimney silhouette against grey sky, Lincolnshire,

chimney-silhouette-against-grey-sky-linc

Duckering No 3 C rainwater drain set in road gutter, Danesgate, Lincoln City

duckering-no-3-c-rainwater-drain-set-in-

Lincoln College Reception, Monks Road, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire

lincoln-college-reception-monks-road-lin

Street entertainer playing Fender Stratocaster guitar, Castle Hill, Lincoln City,

street-entertainer-playing-fender-strato

Cadent gas engineers working on gas pipe to empty shop, High street, Lincoln City,

cadent-gas-engineers-working-on-gas-pipe

Allan

• Love 1

Thought it was time to upload some holiday images. Still have vertigo so just picked a couple - Christmas: a-cut-kitten-looks-trhough-the-branches-

and Halloween:

halloween-abstract-background-with-backl

Hoping I'll feel up to shooting a bunch of Halloween concepts I'd planned on ages ago but I'm afraid it's probably already too late. Went out in my garden to find my lettuce had bolted - I didn't realize it could do that - took a few pix so maybe some harvest images - used my Oly so I don't have as much trouble with LRc. 

@Allan Bell  That Steampunk festival looks like fun! 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Marianne said:

Thought it was time to upload some holiday images. Still have vertigo so just picked a couple - Christmas: 

@Allan Bell  That Steampunk festival looks like fun! 

Yes it is fun but I only did the first day. It goes on for four days.

Marianne I am sorry that you are still suffering from vertigo. I have had it and find it very hard to live with it.

One time I had it for no apparent reason and my doctor gave me some tablets one to be taken 2 - 3 times a day which seemed to have some affect on it. The tablets were called "Prochlorperazine tablets" prochlorperazine maleate.  5mg.  It was a box of 28 tablets and it seems that I had 23 of them - five left in the box. Issued 2015. Out of date 2019.

But have kept the box just in case I need to order some more from my doctor.

Don't know what you have been given by your medics but might be worth chasing up.

Allan

• Thanks 1

A few from last weekend on the River Thames.

The Dunkirk Little Ships Annual Veterans Cruise

river-thames-staines-surrey-england-uk-s

Wraysbury Dragons - dragon boat racing mixed team in training

wraysbury-dragons-dragon-boat-racing-tea

And the senior mens team

wraysbury-dragons-dragon-boat-racing-tea

Last minute school uniform shoppers queueing up

people-buying-school-uniforms-september-

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Spoilt for choice saturday, could have gone to:

Bristol Open doors: behind the scenes at public buildings.

Extinction Rebelion Youth March through Bristol

Gloucester Gay Pride March

Tour of Britain cycling, lots of fun looking through Google to find a shooting spot within parking range! A more dedicated photog would have taken an Uber!

Hot weather in parks

In the end I went to the Jane Austen Parade in Bath...

Bath, UK. 9th Sep, 2023. The Grand Regency Parade marks the start of Bath's annual Jane Austen festival. The annual festival draws Austen enthusiasts from all over the world, the procession of around 500 people in costume is the start of a week of Austen inspired events. Starting from the Holbourne Museum the procession makes its way through historic streets, little changed since Austen's time, to the Assembly Rooms. Credit: JMF News/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

Bath, UK. 9th Sep, 2023. The Grand Regency Parade marks the start of Bath's annual Jane Austen festival. The annual festival draws Austen enthusiasts from all over the world, the procession of around 500 people in costume is the start of a week of Austen inspired events. Starting from the Holbourne Museum the procession makes its way through historic streets, little changed since Austen's time, to the Assembly Rooms. Credit: JMF News/Alamy Live News Stock Photo

(a bit too Martin Parr?)

Music does this!

#

Looking at the papers the Cycle race would have been more commercial, but the stock potential for Jane Austen is always sound.

Was able to say hello to Lynchpics as well. A good days snapping in awful light.

🦔👍🙂

Edited by Mr Standfast
typo
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Spoilt for choice saturday, could have gone to:

Bristol Open doors: behind the scenes at public buildings.

Extinction Rebelion Youth March through Bristol

Gloucester Gay Pride March

Tour of Britain cycling, lots of fun looking through Google to find a shooting spot within parking range! A more dedicated photog would have taken an Uber!

Hot weather in parks

In the end I went to the Jane Austen Parade in Bath...

(a bit too Martin Parr?)

Music does this!

#

Looking at the papers the Cycle race would have been more commercial, but the stock potential for Jane Austen is always sound.

Was able to say hello to Lynchpics as well. A good days snapping in awful light.

🦔👍🙂

Great images. It was nice to see you too, i had to check twice to make sure it was you. I should have realised it was you by the hat you were wearing.  😉

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2023 at 06:27, Allan Bell said:

oh Mister Bell you've done well...
first two images are excellent!
posed yet natural;
busy background yet it all fits together;
great lighting & processing, IMO
they NEED to license many times each !!

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:
oh Mister Bell you've done well...
first two images are excellent!
posed yet natural;
busy background yet it all fits together;
great lighting & processing, IMO
they NEED to license many times each !!

Mr Greenberg, that is praise indeed from a master photographer.

Thank you.

Allan

2 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

Superb image and well seen. Deserves to do well.

Allan