July 2023 Favourite Uploads

gvallee

I’ll post a few Gen. These are from a recent day trip to Gibraltar during a stay in Andalusia, Spain. Gibraltars status could be back in the news at the end of the month should the VOX party do well in the Spanish general election. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12242997/How-Spain-DESTROY-Gibraltars-economy-far-right-Vox-party-carry-threats.html

2RA94K6.jpg

2RA94KD.jpg

2RA94KJ.jpg

2RA94KT.jpg

2RA94R7.jpg

2RA94RC.jpg

2RAAW8C.jpg

2RAAW9T.jpg

2RAAW82.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, gvallee said:

So sorry, you're right, I will shut up... I might post again tomorrow though... I have a question in fact.

No one else has posted any favourite upload...

NO! NO! Keep them coming. I was only joking.

Hopefully I will have some to post this week.

Allan

3 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

I’ll post a few Gen. These are from a recent day trip to Gibraltar during a stay in Andalusia, Spain. Gibraltars status could be back in the news at the end of the month should the VOX party do well in the Spanish general election. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12242997/How-Spain-DESTROY-Gibraltars-economy-far-right-Vox-party-carry-threats.html

2RAAW9T.jpg

Alamy gets everywhere, even printing their name on the Gib footy shirts.😃

Allan

Actually thinking about it I seem to be seeing Alamy's name crop up in the credits on TV more and more these days.

ITMA

• Love 2

Capturing the fun atmosphere of the 4 day event Brunette Downs ABC Bush Races, Northern Territory, Australia

2RAGDHB.jpg

2RAGEF6.jpg

2RAGEDN.jpg

2RAGENF.jpg

2RAGCYM.jpg

2RAGCCX.jpg

2RAGD7E.jpg

2RAGCF2.jpg

2RAGE6D.jpg

• Love 3

Here's a few photos from Guildford raft race, which is a charity fundraising event. There was a peaceful Extinction Rebellion dirty water protest against Thames Water Company beside the river during the event.

july-1st-2023-extinction-rebellion-prote

july-1st-2023-the-annual-guildford-raft-

• Love 3
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, VbFolly said:

Here's a few photos from Guildford raft race, which is a charity fundraising event. There was a peaceful Extinction Rebellion dirty water protest against Thames Water Company beside the river during the event.

Brilliant images Gillian! You captured the fun!

Edited by gvallee

Currently in Thailand so a few I like.  An older man on the street in Bangkok, Thailand, does a sign of the horns hand gesture, standard rock 'n' roll salute, rock fan hand gesture, devil horns or metal horns, “rock on” hand sign. (He has a free jelly sample in his other hand so seems cheerful about that).

2R9HXGY.jpg

Old and rusty signs in Laem Chabang Port, Chonburi Province, Thailand, include an old garage sign and an old Ferrari sign

2RA9J5G.jpg

Part of Wat Koh Loi Buddhist temple, at Koh Loy, on the coast of Si Racha District, Chonburi Province, Thailand

2RA9K3Y.jpg

• Like 1

Here I am again.

How did we do mum?

how-did-we-do-mum-2RA1NK4.jpg

Harris's Hawk eagerly waiting to fly Lincoln Castle

harriss-hawk-eagerly-waiting-to-fly-linc

Long Eared Owl tethered to stand Lincoln Castle

long-eared-owl-tethered-to-stand-lincoln

Lambretta 150 scooter and sidecar at The Castle Scooter Event, Cathedral Quarter, Lincoln City,

lambretta-150-scooter-and-sidecar-at-the

Lincoln city sightseeing bus in Minster Yard, Cathedral Quarter, Lincoln city

lincoln-city-sightseeing-bus-in-minster-

Network Rail engineers coach set waiting for signal to move thtough Lincoln City railway station

network-rail-engineers-coach-set-waiting

Allan

• Like 1

Come on folks, where are all those images?

Some more of mine.

Tourist sign and car parking signs Nidd Walk, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale, North Yorkshire

tourist-sign-and-car-parking-signs-nidd-

View of bottom of High Street from Pateley bridge foot bridge, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale, North Yorkshire,veiw-of-bottom-of-high-street-from-patel

Two sea cadets in Venture canoe on Brayford Pool, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire

two-sea-cadets-in-venture-canoe-on-brayf

Wood footbridge alongside old stone bridge crossing the River Nidd, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale, North Yorkshire,

wood-footbridge-alongside-old-stone-brid

View Brayford North quayside from Brayford Way Flyover, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire

view-brayford-north-quayside-from-brayfo

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Wood footbridge alongside old stone bridge crossing the River Nidd, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale, North Yorkshire,

wood-footbridge-alongside-old-stone-brid

Allan

If you got that close to the water you must have ended up in Nidd there😉

For those unaware, ISIHAC.

Edited by spacecadet

50 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

If you got that close to the water you must have ended up in Nidd there😉

For those unaware, ISIHAC.

Actually old chap I was standing on a road called Old Mill Lane looking over a wall.😀

ISIHAC??     First part " I see it ------"????

Allan

22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Actually old chap I was standing on a road called Old Mill Lane looking over a wall.😀

ISIHAC??     First part " I see it ------"????

Allan

I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue. Nidd is a forfeit in the game of Mornington Crescent. A bit like going down a snake. It's never too  late.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue. Nidd is a forfeit in the game of Mornington Crescent. A bit like going down a snake. It's never too  late.

Never heard of that game. I must have led a very sheltered life. OR a very boring one.

Allan

Manchester UK lesbian gay bisexual transgender or LGBT pride parade 2011 through the streets of central Manchester. A person wears a multi coloured wig next to a giant union jack flag teapot and union jack pennants. The parade theme that year evoked patriotic themes and symbols.

2RB2FJM.jpg

Manchester UK lesbian gay bisexual transgender or LGBT pride parade 2009. A walking float of people from the George House Trust carrying 'Stop HIV Stigma' placards and wearing t shirts with the same message in Manchester, UK, taking part in the LGBT Pride Parade on August 29, 2009. George House Trust provides services to people living with, and affected by, HIV.

2RB2K2B.jpg

Manchester UK lesbian gay bisexual transgender or LGBT pride parade 2009. A person wears an elaborate and pretty costume with butterfly wings and carries a shield with 'Wynnie' on it

2RB2K2R.jpg

• Like 2

On 03/07/2023 at 01:52, gvallee said:

And here are the images miraculously saved from my flooded laptop.

They were part of a 4 day Outback event in a huge cattle station: horse races, rodeo, campdraft, elegance in the field (Ladies' Day), live music, bar. Fabulous atmosphere and fun.

This series is from the campdraft event held every day at dawn at 6.30am just before sunrise. As riders chase a heifer against a backdrop of fiery sky, the dust, horses' manes and tails and riders' hair are rim lighted. Such skillful riders, both jackaroos and jillaroos!

You might think 'is this what she made a fuss about?' but I like them. My kind of environment and atmosphere. What we liked about this event is that it is organised every year for 3 neighbouring cattle stations entertainment, not for tourists. The real Australia.

Amazing light and action Gen!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Amazing light and action Gen!

Thank you Steve. It got me up and about in the dark by temperatures not seen in years for me, I was wearing an anorak!! I HATE THE COLD! Only the promise of photography made me do it.

• Love 1

I'm back.

Couple sat at window table having cups of coffee, Wildings Tea Room, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale

couple-sat-at-window-table-having-cups-o

Notice ALAMY is on the Specials board.

Recreation ground, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale,

recreation-ground-pateley-bridge-nidderd

The Oldest Sweet Shop in England, High Street, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale

the-oldest-sweet-shop-in-england-high-st

View along Street lane, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale

view-along-street-lane-pateley-bridge-ni

The Dales Market Corner, Low Wath Road, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale

the-dales-market-corner-low-wath-road-pa

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

I'm back.

Couple sat at window table having cups of coffee, Wildings Tea Room, Pateley Bridge, Nidderdale

couple-sat-at-window-table-having-cups-o

Notice ALAMY is on the Specials board.

Allan

I love this, Allan. So cosy and warm emotionally.

Paulette

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

On 06/07/2023 at 17:18, Allan Bell said:

Never heard of that game. I must have led a very sheltered life. OR a very boring one.

Allan

From "I'm sorry I have'nt a clue", a Radio 4 program, started just after Radio 4 took over from the Home Service... It can be patchy but when it's on form it's very good.

45 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Students working on a geography project in Liverpool.

liverpool-2RB1GBW.jpg

Are you like Kertész now...taking photos from your window? I like it. His were of Washington Park. I used to cat-sit in his building and they have one of his photos in the lobby.

Paulette

On 04/07/2023 at 16:15, VbFolly said:

I like the ones where the cowboy hats are wearing those toddler boys. Smart hats.