When We Were Young

Okay so this is a little challenge of sorts.  StokeCreative asked me to start off this idea of posting a photo of ourselves back in our "prime".   Many of us here are 50-60 plus and maybe have fond memories of our youth.  I know I do.  Of course I wish I had the knowledge and wisdom that I have now....don't we all??  So if you can, post a snap of yourself at a time when your joints didn't hurt just thinking about them, that would be fun!  Maybe add a little story about when and where it was taken, what was happening in your life then!

I posted this photo of me at 25 yrs old in the "Good Things" thread....but here it is again to kick this off.  I hope some will play along 😀

ScansOfMe_0005c-X3.jpg

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 4
  • Like 3

Well I was a young adult before digital cameras. I do think I was in my prime the first time I went to Africa. Let's see if this works....

u6921545-o887335414-53.jpg

I did love, love love Giraffe Manor.

Paulette

• Love 5
  • Like 4

Darn I do not seem to be able to upload a photo I copied into my computer from a print. How do others do it please?

Allan

Well hello Paulette it is nice to meet you.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

19 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Darn I do not seem to be able to upload a photo I copied into my computer from a print. How do others do it please?

I think it has to be online somewhere so you can copy the URL. Mine is on the "About" page of my Zenfolio account.

Paulette

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I think it has to be online somewhere so you can copy the URL. Mine is on the "About" page of my Zenfolio account.

Paulette

Thank you Paulette.  I do not have any online accounts of my own. Will have to look at hosting sites I suppose.

Allan

The day I got hitched to my lovely wife in 1972  ( I would be 27)

s9Z5GKXDMdxUocMJ_LEsf5KIl2E6gjZ5QlolFecu

Thought I would have one more go at this using a different method. If this does not work then I will have to go with the following statement.

I have brought my photo back a few times now but it is still disappearing so I give up.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Thank you Paulette.  I do not have any online accounts of my own. Will have to look at hosting sites I suppose.

Allan

Further to the above I am using    (Photos.Google.com)   Works well and is FREE not like some others who are supposedly free then ask for payment so far in.

ITMA

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

pNbystyQAs9R_nwDgCyHXpjw6KdpE-WV8EMROcwX

Allan

It doesn't work Allan. Try Imgbb.

I haven't got access to many old pictures, so here's one taken in 1987. On holidays in the Australian bush already. Little did I know...

GV-Australia-trek.jpg?raw=1

Whoever gave me that haircut should be shot.

GV%20Baby.JPG?raw=1

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3
  • Like 3

These are great so far!  If any of you have archival privileges here on Alamy, you can always upload a photo and then delete it later.

Just by sheer happenstance, another friend just texted me this photo he shot of me at his wedding in Schull, Ireland 30 some years ago.  I think I was 29 here.  The woman in the shot was a mutual friend of the groom.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 3 40 10 PM

• Love 4
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

pNbystyQAs9R_nwDgCyHXpjw6KdpE-WV8EMROcwX

Allan

I did see it originally, Allan, but then it disappeared.

Paulette

8 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Is that a Honda? "Born to be wild..."

No, it was my brother-in law's Triumph Bonneville. I don't think Hondas were very good or popular back then.