That's where most of my licences come from. All of them, in fact, this year, if you take a wide definition as somewhere you might go on, or whilst on, holiday.

Köln, Lisbon, Bordeaux, Hauts de France, NZ, Vegas (in 1992), Ravenna, Suffolk, Cumbria, Museum of London. 20% in or of museums, in fact. 7% nuclear power stations (always conveniently located on beaches).

Which is why I don't have any licences from the last 2 years, although recent licences have always been quite rare for me.

Biggest sale this year, nearly half the revenue: the Hauts de France one, for marketing use. In France. Coals to Newcastle.

Edited by spacecadet

Ah, a classic American English vs. British English problem. In the States we don't use the term 'holiday' for a trip or a vacation. 'Holiday' refers to Christmas, Easter, or alike. And that is what I was asking about. 

T4NF12.jpg

2H8EF9X.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Ah, a classic American English vs. British English problem. In the States we don't use the term 'holiday' for a trip or a vacation. 'Holiday' refers to Christmas, Easter, or alike. And that is what I was asking about. 

T4NF12.jpg

2H8EF9X.jpg

and classic Canada where i feel they use both. 

2 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

And then there's the French speakers. Oh la la!

and the mixed up like me.  not even sure if there would be a word to encompasses April's Fool and Easter.   at first thought Easter is "un jour férié", but since people don't get today off it's different.  

Some of my Mexican "holiday" images have done well -- e.g. Day of the Dead, Mexican Independence Day -- along with a couple of Canada Day shots.

I've licensed a few Xmas-related pics (not decorations, though, more editorial subjects).

Other than the above, I have very few holiday/celebration images. No doubt the Easter Bunny will pass me by again this year. 🐰

Closeup of a humorous rabbit crossing street sign - Stock Image

• Like 1

Xmas markets indeed.

Yesterday's infringement revenue was one:

Belgium, Brussels Christmas Market or Winter Wonders, Marché aux Poissons, Fish Market next to St Catherine Church. - Stock Image

It had been the subject of an earlier infringement chase of about 30 cases in decent countries alone.

Total revenue was about the same as yesterday's fee on it's own.

Famous buildings or places with Christmas decorations are doing well also.

And don't forget Christmas shopping!

Anything seasonal that people can spend money on or can visit has the potential to be a repeat seller. Provided your images and keywords are any good and you have a reasonable rank.

As always: Just use AoA.

wim

• Like 1

Of all the holidays - and I have a bunch of Easter & Christmas stuff - I have done best with Pi Day, of all things, and New Year's and July 4th.

(But those British "holiday," i.e. vacation travel images, are my best sellers by far). 

OTT Xmas decorations in someone's garden has sold a couple of times. Easter, not something that impinges upon my life much  these days. I guess that we buy some chocolate for the grandbairns, but that's about it. Bank holiday Monday, not sure how you would illustrate that !