Just a reminder, I've just realised it's April, so I can opt out of Novel Use along with anyone else, (even though I didn't realise I'd signed up).

I'm also in "Distribution" and "Image Options"

I know distribution can be low, but has anyone any positive experiences, or any Territories or Countries that would be advisable to definitely opt out of.

Image Options hasn't affected me yet, but Alamy says they will e-meil about this, so again if anyone has any advice on this for the rest of us, please let us know?

ChrisC

Edited by ChrisC

I had opted out of all distribution but I've re-opted in and will give it a year and see how it goes.  My reasoning is 'every penny counts when self-employed'.

Been opted out of NU for a long time. 

Edited by Colblimp
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I had opted out of all distribution but I've re-opted in and will give it a year and see how it goes.  My reasoning is 'every penny counts when self-employed'.

Distribution sales account for about 20% of my sales volume in the last 12 months, a fair few netting more than some direct sales, so I'd say get in there!!!!

Phil

• Love 2

6 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Distribution sales account for about 20% of my sales volume in the last 12 months, a fair few netting more than some direct sales, so I'd say get in there!!!!

Phil

That's great news, it's worth a punt.

• Love 1

25 minutes ago, Phil Crean said:

Phil

I'm not as concerned about them as the NU as I realise it's different markets & I sort of understand the reasoning, so I'll stay in that for now

As above Distribution has not been too bad since i joined, with some decent licencing fee, however i'm Curious  on Distribution, as anyone ever had a licencing fee over $10 from any of the former Yugoslavian republics?    I only seem to get <$3 there 

opting out of N.U. 

Edited by meanderingemu

I'm OK with distribution -- it's the way of the world now -- but I opted out of novel use a number of years ago because the only thing "novel" about it seemed to be the tiny prices.

P.S. Still not crazy about certain aspects of PU (namely file size and refunds). However, volume of these types of licenses has increased, and it's proving to be an OK-ish market. Some of my recent PU sales even look like they could be legit.😉

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm OK with distribution -- it's the way of the world now -- but I opted out of novel use a number of years ago because the only thing "novel" about it seemed to be the tiny prices.

P.S. Still not crazy about certain aspects of PU (namely file size and refunds). However, volume of these types of licenses has increased, and it's proving to be an OK-ish market. Some of my recent PU sales even look like they could be legit.😉

Yeah I'm with you on that, the file size should be lower for personal use, plus not many seem to be actual personal, but what do I know, people are strange, I know that much! 

Edited by ChrisC
  • Love 1