I've been lucky when it comes to refunds. I get very few. However, today four refunds -- all in the low $$ category -- popped up, which is a new single-day record for me. They are apparently all to the same client (travel guide use) and were licensed in June 2020. Has anyone else experienced this today? 

1 minute ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Yes, just the one though, also from June.  Looks like the job got cancelled.

I had another refund a few days ago but that was a PU.

Not good news, but that makes me feel a little better. You're probably correct about the project being cancelled. But who knows for sure.

At least they weren't for larger amounts.

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I've been lucky when it comes to refunds. I get very few. However, today four refunds -- all in the low $$ category -- popped up, which is a new single-day record for me. They are apparently all to the same client (travel guide use) and were licensed in June 2020. Has anyone else experienced this today? 

I came here to ask the same question.  I had 2 refunds for UK travel guide images licensed in June.  Both were of Victoria, BC.

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

John,

I feel your pain, or should I say Irritation?  I am always "Pissed Off" by refunds, but they are a fact of our life in the

digital photography licensing age.

Sorry my friend,

Chuck 

16 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Yes, just the one though, also from June.  Looks like the job got cancelled.

I had another refund a few days ago but that was a PU.

PU shouldn't have refunds as an option!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cal said:

PU shouldn't have refunds as an option!

Take a look at the Consumer Rights Act. You're entitled to a refund on online transactions if you change your mind.

This may not strictly apply to image downloads, but Alamy has a contractual refund policy anyway.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

John,

I feel your pain, or should I say Irritation?  I am always "Pissed Off" by refunds, but they are a fact of our life in the

digital photography licensing age.

Sorry my friend,

Chuck 

That's right, easy payment means easy refund as well in the brave new digital world. It would be nice to know the reasons for refunds, though.

8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Take a look at the Consumer Rights Act. You're entitled to a refund on online transactions if you change your mind.

This may not strictly apply to image downloads, but Alamy has a contractual refund policy anyway.

Can you download music and then get a refund because it 'wasn't the song I was thinking of' I wonder?

• Love 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil Robinson said:

Can you download music and then get a refund because it 'wasn't the song I was thinking of' I wonder?

You can't download it unless you waive your cooling-off rights.

I did say the CRA may not "strictly" apply. I also said that Alamy have a refund policy, which here seems to be more generous than the law.

My point was that the poster's suggestion of a blanket refusal may have fallen foul of consumer law.

• Like 1

The same to me to this one sold 1st June

Usage: Editorial
Media: Travel guides -print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 3 million
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 01 June 2020
End: 01 June 2023
Online PDF Rights Included ; Duration: 7 years;

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You can't download it unless you waive your cooling-off rights.

That's interesting. I'm sure Alamy could find a way to make it very clear to PU buyers that they can't get a refund for their digital download - as well as pointing out that that they are paying $9.99 for use of an image of a Ferrari, not an actual high performance sportscar. 

• Love 1

Yes, I had a refund too.

Victoria, Vancouver Island.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Travel guides -print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 3 million
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 29 June 2020
End: 29 June 2023
Online PDF Rights Included ; Duration: 7 year

23 minutes ago, dunstun365 said:

Are you given the reason for refunds? Not sold anything on here yet but how do refunds work if the customer has already downloaded the image?

Nope. No reasons ever given here.

You can't really return a digital file, so I guess the money must be refunded to the client, the license cancelled, and that's it. The buyer obviously will still have the image, though.