All images going into QC

Avpics

Question

Since Sunday all of my image uploads have been going into QC, with the delay of a few days until passing. I have a five star badge. I'd got so used to instant passes that, other than the odd day I presume for a random 'stand by your beds' check, that it now feels like a backwards step to the old days.

Am I alone in this?

18 answers to this question

Interesting to hear that you're getting mired in QC, Avpics. I'm  a 5-star General too, and I usually upload a small batch once-a-week. They've been going straight through for the past month or so. However, the latest submission uploaded on Monday went into QC and cleared within 24 hours. Shall report back after the next upload.

9 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Shall report back after the next upload.

Cheers John. As always, the Law of the Sod has been empowered and it's coincided with a bit of pre-lockdown levels of uploading with a number of local events and fine-weather walks - many of which have been stuck in limbo.

3 stars here, uploaded 15 last night around midnight, still waiting for QC.

Uploaded 115 Sunday night late as well, Approved end of day tuesday.

I think a lot of people upload on the weekend so it often takes the team a few days to get through the backlog.

End of the week things get approved faster as far as I can see.

11 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

Same here. First QC for a while - batch submitted last night, hopefully they will pass later today.

Mark

Passed QC this evening ... but they sent me Captcha out of spite !!!!

16 hours ago, vpics said:

I find that every 5th or so submission goes into QC. So far, all good. Guess it's Alamy telling us they trust us but they're still keeping an eye on our submissions so we don't completely get carried away. 

same here but this week like Avpics went through two submission batches in a row through QC.  All week-end accumulated and clear Tuesday.  Then "early wednesday" new QC run, cleared end of business on Wed.  Thursday through directly.  So there probably was a change, which i like, to ensure that it is more unpredictable (and less abusable) 

On 13/08/2020 at 06:50, Avpics said:

The last images in QC passed today, and a test image went straight through so hopefully I'm back in favour.

That's reassuring to hear. I just uploaded a new batch, and they went into QC as well. This is the first time since I became a 5-star General that two consecutive batches have been tagged for QC, so I guess the random checking procedure has changed somewhat. I'm slow these days, so it will take me awhile to get another submission ready. It will be interesting to see what happens with it.

UPDATE: They cleared QC overnight, so I guess I haven't been demoted (yet). 👨‍✈️

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Thanks 1