Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't want to sound too whiny since I've actually had some decent sales this month. However, two direct sales showed up today at a truly unmentionable fee -- my share from both combined probably wouldn't even buy me an espresso in Vancouver. Does anyone recognize these terms and/or have any idea what the website might be?

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 29 April 2020
End: 29 April 2025
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

 

P.S. I'm not in NU.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, formerly snappyoncalifornia said:

I just had the same exact thing. $3.00 gross, 1.50 net ,right?  I'm not in NU either. What really ticks me off is my image sold in the past to National Geographic for good money. Now, it's totally devalued.

 

Yup, that's it. The licensing terms don't mention a bulk discount, but it must be something like that.

 

P.S. Your image isn't necessarily devalued. It could still -- and hopefully will -- sell to other clients for much higher fees.

Edited by John Mitchell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

 

Yup, that's it. The licensing terms don't mention a bulk discount, but it must be something like that.

 

P.S. Your image isn't necessarily devalued. It could still -- and hopefully will -- sell to other clients for much higher fees.

Well it didn't take long but it has already been copied into one of those foreign language blogs with no contact info so I can't even chase it down. Now it will go wild like a virus. Yeah, ripped off, devalued.

Edited by formerly snappyoncalifornia
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, meanderingemu said:

John, is this one of the sales

 

The McCord Museum of Canadian History on Sherbrooke Street, Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Image ID: B66J6B

 

https://theculturetrip.com/north-america/canada/articles/10-best-free-things-to-do-in-montreal/

 

 

 

Mais oui, plus one of the interior of the Basilica Notre Dame in Old Montreal that I took in 2018.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, formerly snappyoncalifornia said:

Well it didn't take long but it has already been copied into one of those foreign language blogs with no contact info so I can't even chase it down. Now it will go wild like a virus. Yeah, ripped off, devalued.

 

Yes, the images are easy to swipe, so in that sense you're correct about them being devalued.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I don't want to sound too whiny since I've actually had some decent sales this month. However, two direct sales showed up today at a truly unmentionable fee -- my share from both combined probably wouldn't even buy me an espresso in Vancouver. Does anyone recognize these terms and/or have any idea what the website might be?

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 29 April 2020
End: 29 April 2025
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

 

P.S. I'm not in NU.

Just made a sale for $3 with exact same details as your sale and I sell mine RM and no PU.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, domf said:

Just made a sale for $3 with exact same details as your sale and I sell mine RM and no PU

I've had three of these this month. Two via a distributor so I get 30%. I'd earn more from a well known ms site.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Alex Ramsay said:

And I've just had a couple as well, though at least they were both direct sales, FWIW

 

Alex

 

which to me is even worse, as it would mean they mostly use Alamy for rarer images. and pay no premium for this.  If fact the price is already a 6% discount from what they were charged 4 months ago,  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I don't want to sound too whiny since I've actually had some decent sales this month. However, two direct sales showed up today at a truly unmentionable fee -- my share from both combined probably wouldn't even buy me an espresso in Vancouver. Does anyone recognize these terms and/or have any idea what the website might be?

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Image Size: Any size
Start: 29 April 2020
End: 29 April 2025
Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

 

P.S. I'm not in NU.

Yes, I have just logged in and seen I have two sales exactly as that. Likewise, would not cover the cost of a decent flat white.

I don't know which website. I have only one other sale this month, again at a low $ (which might just get me a flat white).

Mine are all RM, I opted out of PU.

Edited by Dave Richards
added info.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.